News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Star Wars discussion

Started by blindsimeonjtp, October 07, 2012, 03:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

HUGE UPDATE.  A still from the show has been released, along with a list of directors for the first season!!!  Best of all, not only is Dave Filoni directing the first episode, he's also one of the EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS!  And Taika Waititi is gonna direct an episode, along with Bryce Dallas Howard(?!) and some other people that I don't really know.  https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-revealed
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Shadow of Korriban

So I honestly believe Disney has been milking it waaay too much. They're trying to produce too much content all crammed together. It's like "oh, new show!" The Mandalorian, which actually sounds pretty cool. But then they announce that there's going to be a new Cassian tv series. Then Rian Johnson plans to create a whole new trilogy! Like, what on earth is happening?
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

The Witessss

no love lost on my part. it was never good to begin with, some were just more terrible than others  ;D
the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

Hickory

Quote from: The Witessss on February 20, 2019, 03:23:07 AM
no love lost on my part. it was never good to begin with, some were just more terrible than others  ;D
May I ask why you think so?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Witessss

absolutely. not a huge fan of the aliens themselves, i thought the prequels stunk b/c they had tech they didn't have in the 'later' movies, things are sooooo cheesy, and it sounded like they did things to fill the space, i didn't like the way Amidala's hair was always weird, i think that for what the 4, 5, and 6 for what they were the plot was fine, but the story wasn't all that great.. yeah, i can understand why people might like it, but never been a fan.  ;)

The Shadow of Korriban

I actually do kinda agree with you on how the tech was more advanced in the prequals. But looking back I think Revenge of The Sith wasn't bad. That's just my opinion.
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Tungro

I have only ever seen the original two and some of the new ones. They have been okay but not good enough for me to become a fan...

Jukka the Sling

What really made me a hardcore fan wasn't so much the movies as it was the TV shows.  I highly recommend Star Wars: The Clone Wars if you've seen the prequels.  Star Wars Rebels is another awesome show.  And they're both just as canon as the movies.

I'm honestly not a fan of the newest movies either, by the way, with the exception of Rogue OneThe Last Jedi was horrible.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Tungro

The opposite with my brothers, they have never seen any of the tv shows and like all the movies except Rouge One...

Jetthebinturong

The Clone Wars destroys all other Star Wars media. Canon media anyway, I know nothing about the EU. Rogue One is easily the best film after Empire.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Tungro

To tell the truth I don't really care much for any of them...

The Witessss

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on February 21, 2019, 02:12:21 PM
What really made me a hardcore fan wasn't so much the movies as it was the TV shows.
I highly recommend Star Wars: The Clone Wars if you've seen the prequels.

actually we have all of them on disc, and my siblings like to watch them, but still, not a fan.

Hickory

Quote from: Sheev Palpatine on February 21, 2019, 01:50:38 AM
I actually do kinda agree with you on how the tech was more advanced in the prequals.
What're you referring to?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Witessss

nothing i can think of on the spur of the moment, but sometime i can go back and look at it..

Jukka the Sling

I'm not sure why I still pay attention to updates for the sequel trilogy, but I guess I keep hoping IX will fix TLJ's mistakes.

So, anyway, a poster for IX has been leaked. Spoilers for new characters and designs!