News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Star Wars discussion

Started by blindsimeonjtp, October 07, 2012, 03:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tungro

Quote from: Sheev Palpatine on December 05, 2019, 06:48:42 PM
Quote from: Tungro on December 05, 2019, 06:01:47 PM
The Force Awakens was great, but the Last Jedi was horrible and just from seeing the trailer for Rise of Skywalker I don't even really want to see it.
(My opinion)
Both films weren't that good. The Last Jedi at least had originality. I really did not like certain parts though. The Force Awakens was just a newer version of A New Hope. So, nothing original there. But I still have to go with what's canon.
I mostly didn't like it for the amount of political opinion shoved into it.
And what was with the stupid actions of Rose at the end?
"Saving what we love"
"doesn't realize the entire resistance base is blowing up because of her selfish impulsive actions"

Jukka the Sling

Leaks are out for The Rise of Skywalker, and oh boy, it sounds worse than TLJ.  I'm not joking.

The major leaks (SPOILERS, obviously)

Don't say I didn't warn you

So Rey is Palpatine's granddaughter.  Palpatine somehow survived (it's not really explained how -- maybe it's just his spirit?).  He was Snoke all along and has other clones of Snoke or something.  There's also a scene where Rey hears the voices of Jedi who have come before, among them Anakin (voiced by Hayden) and Ahsoka, which is cool.  Leia dies somehow during the movie.  So does Hux, because he betrays Kylo and lets Finn and Poe escape.  In the final battle Rey dies, but Kylo gives his life force to heal her.  Before he dies, they kiss.  I'm not kidding.  This is fanfic-levels of craziness right here.  Anyway, the galaxy is saved, two lesbian Resistance members kiss, and Rey adopts the name of Skywalker and goes to bury Luke's(?) lightsabers on Tatooine for some inexplicable reason.  She sees the Force ghosts of Luke and Leia.  It's left ambiguous as to whether or not she's gonna live there permanently.

I'm so mad.  I would be madder if I hadn't basically given up on the sequels after TLJ, but still.  Kylo dying is the worst possible thing.  He's the last Skywalker, and you just... kill him off?  It's so utterly depressing to have the Skywalker line end so horribly.  Not to mention that it's just Vader all over again!  Do something a little different, for crying out loud!

What even was the point of this trilogy?  It tore Han, Luke, and Leia down, then killed them and the last remaining Skywalker descendant off for NO.  REASON.  TFA WAS BASIC BUT HAD SO MUCH POTENTIAL.  WHY DID THINGS HAVE TO GO THIS WAY.
[close]
[close]
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Tungro

I don't want to see the movie now, I was hoping it would be good....

Kade Rivok

Personally, I'm staying away from all spoilers.  Regardless of whether it's good or bad, I still feel like I have to see it in hopes that it'll be good.  If I don't see it, then it feels like I've given up on the series.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Tungro

I am going to go see it with my brothers, but now all my hope is down the drain

DanielofRedwall

Angry rant about the new movie that you might not agree with
Yeah, look, I did not enjoy The Rise of Skywalker at ALL. I for one appreciated The Last Jedi, I was of the opinion that if you were going to resurrect a franchise it should be revitalised and done differently, otherwise there is no point. And that's what I thought The Last Jedi did- it made the series feel refreshing and new. I didn't like The Force Awakens much for the same reasons I liked The Last Jedi, I thought it was way too much like the originals to the point it didn't need to exist. And The Rise of Skywalker was the same- it was just blanket fan service in the place of an engaging movie. It completely ignored the existence of the last two movies. It moved so fast there was no time to dwell on what was happening, making the whole thing feel completely soulless. And that KISS made my blood boil, that should NEVER have happened. Not happy.
[close]
Received mostly negative reviews.

The Shadow of Korriban

I wanna know what's happening. But I can't.
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Tungro

Saw Rise of Skywalker yesterday. It was meh. Every time something good would happen, I would be like "Wow, this could be great" but right after something would remind me that, "Oh, this is by Disney"
7.6 ~ The Force Awakens
2.2 ~ The Last Jedi
4.3 ~ Rise of Skywalker

LordTBT

As someone who hated TLJ, Rise of Skywalker repaired the damage. It was a good movie, with a satisfying conclusion to the trilogy and the saga as a whole.

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on December 19, 2019, 09:32:03 AM
 It completely ignored the existence of the last two movies.[/spoiler

[close]

You mean like how TLJ ignored TFA?  ::)

Verdauga

*Gives an off-topic wave*
It's been a little while. Welcome back!
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: LordTBT on December 28, 2019, 05:39:11 PM
Quote from: DanielofRedwall on December 19, 2019, 09:32:03 AM
Spoiler
It completely ignored the existence of the last two movies.
[close]

You mean like how TLJ ignored TFA?  ::)
At least the plot of TLJ followed on from TFA, even if it was not in the expected manner. TROS could have happened at any point in the sequel trilogy and it wouldn't have been out of place.
Received mostly negative reviews.

The Shadow of Korriban

*Yelps with joyous attitude*
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Verdauga

Guys, I found this great online synopsis of The Rise of Skywalker.
It was kinda short over there but it takes up some space here.
Spoiler
[close]

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

The Shadow of Korriban

Really...  You feel no hype regarding Clone Wars season 7?

Verdauga

I have very little interest in Star Wars altogether.