News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Star Wars discussion

Started by blindsimeonjtp, October 07, 2012, 03:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shadow of Korriban

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on May 14, 2020, 11:04:08 PM
Who was your favorite SW character?
Sheev Palpatine, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and Sy Snootles. :-*
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Sebias of Redwall

I've gotten some of my family to watch the Mandolorian. *Cackles*
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Scott McLamok

"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

Hickory

I always liked Kyle Katarn from the Dark Forces and Jedi Knight games (and his appearances in the books). He was a great subversion of the "Jedi are tranquil warriors" trope with his backstory and the sort of grounded, emotional tone his stories took, even as a Master on the High Council. His story felt much more visceral compared to others, which appeals to me. Probably my favorite EU character.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Shadow of Korriban

Quote from: Scott McLamok on May 18, 2020, 05:08:42 AM
Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on May 15, 2020, 08:20:52 PM
Favorite duel?
As of now Mando vs the mudhorn
My favorite Star Wars duel would have to be The Battle of the Heroes:  Anakin Skywalker vs his once close friend...Obi-Wan Kenobi...A truely sad duel...  Especially after watching the Clone Wars.
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Scott McLamok

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

Tungro

Obviously Fox ;)
Anyway, in all seriousness, I do love all the clones. Rex, Cody, Boil, Waxer, Jesse, Fives, I could go on forever. If you are talking Jedi obviously Ashoka, Anakin, Obi, Shaak-ti, ect. My favorite sith is probably Maul, but that doesn't mean the others aren't awesome as well. Cad Bane and his who accompanying arc was pretty good

I'll stop now  ;D

Corporal Rubbadub

Scott McLamok

Quote from: Tungro on May 25, 2020, 03:26:33 PM
Obviously Fox ;)
Anyway, in all seriousness, I do love all the clones. Rex, Cody, Boil, Waxer, Jesse, Fives, I could go on forever. If you are talking Jedi obviously Ashoka, Anakin, Obi, Shaak-ti, ect. My favorite sith is probably Maul, but that doesn't mean the others aren't awesome as well. Cad Bane and his who accompanying arc was pretty good

I'll stop now  ;D
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is the Way.

Verdauga

Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

The Shadow of Korriban

Now it's time for a smol rant on Clone Wars order 66.

Spoiler
I don't like how Rex resisted it.  If we look back on Revenge of the Sith, Cody doesn't hesitate. Now obviously Rex wouldn't wanna kill Ahsoka, but that smol chip built in his genetic code should have worked as it did on Cody.  Eh, food for thought.
[close]

Hickory

Quote from: Herman Smith on May 25, 2020, 10:33:54 PM
Now it's time for a smol rant on Clone Wars order 66.

Spoiler
I don't like how Rex resisted it.  If we look back on Revenge of the Sith, Cody doesn't hesitate. Now obviously Rex wouldn't wanna kill Ahsoka, but that smol chip built in his genetic code should have worked as it did on Cody.  Eh, food for thought.
[close]

Spoiler
Remember that Rex at least had a vague idea of what the chip did, if not where it was or exact details. Such knowledge would likely aid him in resisting its affects. Additionally, Rex had a much closer relationship with his Jedi (Ahsoka especially, having literally just run a mission with her after not seeing her for months) than Cody. Yes, Cody and Kenobi were friends, but not at all in the same way that Rex was with Anakin and Ahsoka, so he would be less likely to hesitate (though, I believe he has some reservations in the Legends lore, but that tidbit is pre-chip).
[close]
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jetthebinturong

Spoiler
I thought the clones that didn't participate in Order 66 removed their chips, and that was why they didn't participate, not because they resisted it?
[close]
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

Spoiler
Yeah, I think that was implied in Rebels.  Didn't Rex tell Kanan "I didn't betray my Jedi" or something?  I guess we have a soft retcon on our hands.
[close]
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

taggg

I thought that Rex managed to remove his chip? or am I going crazy bc there's a high possibly if that