News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Weapons

Started by Redwaller, January 30, 2013, 10:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romsca

Quote from: Mattio on February 01, 2013, 09:15:30 PM
I learned a trick when i took archery. Turn your arm so the bow is parallel to the ground and then straighten it by twisting your wrist

Yep, that's what I was trying to explain

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Mattio

I hope I can make a wooden dirk tomorrow my dad said he would help now he's saying we don't have anything to cut the curves even though I suggested using a jigsaw like they did on YouTube but he didn't listen

Redwaller

Cool! I think this summer I'll make a bunch of weapons.

Soon, I'll be making some wooden guns for my siblings.(maybe one for me too  ;D)

Mattio

W0NWILL

No, wooden guns would explode when you fire a shot. Basically, a gun ignites gunpowder, and the gunpowder explodes. The kinetic energy from the explosion shoots out the barrel, bringing the amuition with it. Gunpowder explodes fairly weak, for an explosion, so an iron or steel barrel is able to direct the explosion. And there's so many parts to a gun, an untrained person wouldn't be able to make one.

Mattio

oh I was joking anyways

Redwaller

Lol! It's just wooden guns!  :D Without anything to fire or stuff.

W0NWILL

I figured, but I wanted to go geek.

Mattio

throw a match down the barrel

Rusvul

Quote from: W0NWILL on February 02, 2013, 05:01:05 PM
No, wooden guns would explode when you fire a shot. Basically, a gun ignites gunpowder, and the gunpowder explodes. The kinetic energy from the explosion shoots out the barrel, bringing the amuition with it. Gunpowder explodes fairly weak, for an explosion, so an iron or steel barrel is able to direct the explosion. And there's so many parts to a gun, an untrained person wouldn't be able to make one.
As I understand it, it's not kinetic energy, but expanding gases that take the path of least resistance, that is, the bullet or musket ball or shot or whatever you're firing. my weapon collection consists of a small one-edged knife, a long "arkansas toothpick" throwing knife (made by me), a much smaller double pointed throwing knife (also made by me), a non-sharp foot and a half long bladed shortsword, a longer left-hand parrying dagger with a basket hilt lined with red crushed velvet, a buckler-like shield, a compound bow with 4 arrows, a black leather chestplate (made by me), a short zulu-esque leaf bladed double headed spear (made by me), a wooden scimitar, a leather sling (made by me), a metal hook on a metal shaft (made by me), an all-metal spear (made by me), a whole bunch of assorted foam weapons (mostly made by me), a long wooden katana (made by me and my mom), a small hatchet (made by me), and finally a small carbon fiber handled knife with a sharp edge and a serrated edge (made by me). the funny thing is: I'm a very nonviolent person!!

Mattio

are all the ones that you didn't specify what material they are metal?

And I'm feeling awesome with my sword and my sheath my dad and I made today.

Romsca

How did you make weapons with metal?

Mattio

I didn't its wood my brother made one too I just finished making his sheath outta duct tape. Now I'm wearing his too. They're not swords the ones we made are dirks

Romsca

Oh ok.....I was kinda asking Rusvul there...