News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Norham (Completed)

Started by Norham Waterpaw, March 06, 2013, 01:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KitrallStreamrippler

Antura was sitting behind the battlements, inspecting a scratch she had gotten from a stray arrow. Suddenly, a huge bird landed in front of her. She gasped with shock and fear- the bird was big enough to kill her with only a few strokes of its wicked talons. Then she looked closer. It had been a few seasons since she'd seen him, but- "Melvin? Is that you?"
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

W0NWILL

Melvin narrowed his eyes, "And ye just aboot ruined mah plahn, Antura." He lowered his voice, though the vermin could hardly hear them from here, "Play aloong." He surged forward and grabbed Antura around the shoulders. He flapped his wings and jumped off the ramparts. He didn't fall immediately, but under the weight of the otter he lost height rather quickly. He released his grip, "Stay doon 'ere fer a bit." and ran away from her, beating his wings quickly. He barely cleared the wall and soared back to the tree. He dipped his head to the vermin again, "Sorry, but ah couldnae let 'er go fer chuckin' ta stone et me. Them abbeybeasts too trust'ry fer ther oon gudd." He shifted on the branch, "Ah'm gettin' hungry."

KitrallStreamrippler

Antura was an adventurous beast, but her stomach dropped as Melvin flew her quickly down from the walltops. She sat still for a moment, then picked herself up. "Huh. How was I supposed to know it was him? Still, it's nice to know that old grouchy-beak is doin' fine." Smiling, she headed off to the kitchens to find Vash.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Thomas Barkshield

Thomas smiled. The kite had returned, and this time it looked like the guard was going to let Thomas be devoured by the "fearsome" bird.

OOC: do you think Norham would mind if I got rescued Imminently? I just finished school for the week and I'm pumped for some RPing

W0NWILL

Before the guard could speak, Melvin jumped down and grabbed the mouse in his left talon, stood on his right, and beat his wings powerfully. He took off and chuckled. He circled above the trees with the mouse in his claws. Melvin looked down at the mouse, "Ye dae look tasty." He said almost wistfully, "But ah daen't et mahce an' beasts like em, fer them Redwallers." He flew toward Redwall quickly, holding tightly, "Sorry if ah'm holdin' a bit taght. Et's either thet or fallen." He swooped down and an arrow narrowly missed him as he came down below the wall. He let go of Thomas and alighted on the lawn not far from him. Melvin turned and nodded to Thomas, "Ah'm Melvin."

Thomas Barkshield

Thank you, my friend. I owe you my life. If their is any way I can help you, I would cross the world. In the meantime, I would like to be brought up to date on the situation. Unfortunately I was hit on the head by the wildcat, and I can only remember very basic things, such as my name. By the way, I'm Thomas Barkshield.

Norham Waterpaw

Ooc: You are more than welcome to be rescued, now I gotta get Norham outta the vermin camp. Hmm....
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

W0NWILL

Melvin scratched his stomach, "Nae idea. Ah wud guess thet Redwall is unner attack, ye ken? There's all ta vermin ootsahde, an ta fact thet they'm shootin' arrers."
Linda grinned and swung out of the abbey on her crutches. Melvin was back! She crossed the lawn to Melvin and Thomas fairly quickly for her and gave the big kite a hug. Her crutches were strapped on her arms and they acted a bit like extensions of her arms, "Melvin!"
Melvin chuckled and let her lean into him, "Linda! Nahce tae see ye."
Linda maneuvered her crutches to support her weight again. She seemed to see Thomas for the first time, and immediately cast her gaze to the ground, "H-hello."
Melvin shifted a bit, "Ah saw annoder beast there, ah'll want tae check on 'em summ'ow."
Linda raised her gaze to Melvin's wing tips, "Y-you just got back. Rest for a while."

Thomas Barkshield

I'm sorry if my appearance has frightened you, but your friend Melvin has just rescued me from the vermin camp. I appear to have lost my memory, and as you appear to be a healer, I would like to ask your help after this battle is over. Melvin, who was that otter I saw? If he is in trouble I feel it my duty to help him.

OOC: Will this entire RP be about the current battle? Or will there be more to it?
And also, I forgot to mention that Thomas is wearing  a breastplate and greaves(shin armour).

KitrallStreamrippler

Antura was almost inside the abbey building when she heard Melvin land on the lawn again, this time bringing back a mouse. Linda rushed past her, not even noticing the ottermaid. Antura smiled. Linda and Melvin- what a pair! She hesitated momentarily, then went back to the lawn to introduce herself to the mouse. Antura reached the small group just as the newcomer was explaining his situation. Glaring at Melvin in mock severity, she said, "Linda's right, Melvin. You should stay- 'twill keep you from overloading our abbey with beasts that you've dragged in. Besides-" she lowered her voice confidentially, "-you're a good influence on Linda. Er, sorry for chuckin' that stone at you earlier. I won't do it again." She turned to the new mouse, holding out her paw. "Hello, and welcome to Redwall Abbey. I'm Antura- what's your name?"

Norham Waterpaw

Norham sat crouched in the nearby brush, scarcely making a sound. He drew his scimitar noiselessly. A nearby rat got to close, one swift stroke of the scimitar, and he dropped. Norham caught the body before it hit the ground. Norham decided he had done enough, but then, emerging from his tent, the white wildcat, Riggaeo Starswift. Norham's blood ran hot, and his eyes became pure white, as white as the wildcat. He rushed yelling madly in to the camp, scattering vermin. The vermin reacted quickly, and Norham was soon overwhelmed by the sheer number of assorted vermin piled onto him, then everything went black.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

W0NWILL

Melvin 'frowned', "Yer blamin' me fer helpin'?" He asked, "Ah really shud stop helpin' ye then."

Thomas Barkshield

I'm sorry to bother you but I have this uneasy feeling that something is wrong. would you please check the vermin camp, Melvin? By the way my name is Thomas Barkshield, but beyond that I'm having trouble remembering anything else.

Norham Waterpaw

Ooc: Norham is glad for that uneasy feeling thom had there.

Norham slowly came to. When he did, he found himself in a small, iron cage. It was suspended by a thick rope hanging from an old, solid oak tree. He had a small gash on the side of his head. He could feel dried blood on the side of his head.
--------------------------------------
Riggaeo Starswift swaggered over to the cage. "Not very smart, were you, barging into my camp like that. You're lucky I didn't have my men cut you down with arrows. Luckily, I have a slower, more painful death planned for you, my old friend." Riggaeo walked off, back into his tent.

Quickpaw

OOC: finally, I can rp!

BIC: Vash sighed in relief, but the relief was cut short when the friar shoved more food into his arms and pointed out the door. Vash sighed again, but this sigh had nothing to do with relief. He walked outside, avoiding an arrow that landed at his footpaws. "Anyone hungry?" he asked aloud, holding to plates of bread.
I LOVE 80's music.