News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Martin's Sword

Started by Tiria Wildlough, July 17, 2011, 09:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why is the Sword of Martin so strong?

metal from a 'fallen star'
5 (27.8%)
Martin's spirit
3 (16.7%)
Both
10 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: December 05, 2012, 01:28:57 PM

Lord Gorath

I say it's Martin's spirit and iridium. Iridium is often found in meteors, sometimes called 'shooting stars',
an aleternative to a meteor already lying on earth is a 'fallen star'. See my idea?

Lord Gorath

So, what do you think makes the sword of Martin so strong?

Lutra

I swear there's a topic about this, but I'll be dipped if I can locate it....^^

I think its purely Martin's Spirit and the faith it brings the abbey dwellers.  This isn't a series where you see odd magic pop in and out of the story willy-nilly, so falling stars aren't the answer. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Leatho Shellhound

The way it was made was another reason it was  such a good sword.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Lord Gorath

Lutra, I have to say yuo are Utterly Otterly Awesome.

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Lord Gorath on November 19, 2012, 01:11:45 AM
Lutra, I have to say yuo are Utterly Otterly Awesome.
Yes, he is utterly otterly awesome!
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lutra

Nice....now please stay on your own topic. :P  Being otterly awesome has nothing to do with Martin's sword.  Least I'm pretty sure it doesn't!
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Lord Gorath

Uh, i gave the Sword of Martin to you, Lutra, and you are utterly otterly awesome.

Redwallfan7

I think it's Martin's Spirit that makes the sword so strong.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Leatho Shellhound

I think it was how it was made. How can a "Martin's spirit" make it strong?

click the banner

redwallgurl

Well getting the feeling that you are holding one of the blades that the amazing warrior Martin held it definetly has some power and honor over you.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Leatho Shellhound

Yes, but that doesn't make the sword strong. Again his spirit doesn't "live" in the blade.

click the banner

MatthiasMan

Martins sword is awesome, powerful, and bright. Period. If a sword like his existed then whoever wielded it in Medieval Times would have a ruling dynasty still going on today.

AxeHound

There were plenty of awesome swords. Martin's is cool cos of the legends and the spirit of Martin helping the wielder.

(please do not send me the pm game messages)

Dreamer

I think martin's sword is awesome!
~Dreamer~