News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Miscellaneous Images

Started by Buzz_Bumble, June 02, 2013, 04:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz_Bumble

I'm not sure if this image by an artist named Johannes Holm is actually Redwall, but it is a similar style. I found it on the TaleWorlds Forum (see the Redwall: Vermin Resurgence topic I just started).

Click on the image for a bigger version.

:)

I did find a website for The Art of Johannes Holm, but it looks like it uses a Flash design that doesn't work on my ancient computer.

Edit: I've found Johannes Holm's Blogspot page where it says this about these characters:
QuoteThe Rodents
As part of a personal project this line-up comes from a short story that I am currently writing. A medieval world with battles between rivaling Rodents being fought in the forests. Had a lot of fun with it and each one of these guys has a history of their own.

So that aren't Redwall characters (feel free to move the topic somewhere else).

Leatho Shellhound

Those are some good drawings!  The animal on the far left looks like a ground hog, so it might not be Redwall.  Haha the artist has the same name as I do.  :)
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

phoenixfoden

I dont want to get on there wrong side!!!

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on June 02, 2013, 08:24:53 PM
The animal on the far left looks like a ground hog, so it might not be Redwall.

Yep, it's not Redwall. The groundhog and the red squirrel do prove that (England has grey squirrels, America has red squirrels), but it could almost be characters from a Redwall story based on the land over the western sea from Mossflower.   :)

Hopefully the artist's story (and more images) gets released somewhere.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on June 03, 2013, 05:09:08 AM
Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on June 02, 2013, 08:24:53 PM
The animal on the far left looks like a ground hog, so it might not be Redwall.

Yep, it's not Redwall. The groundhog and the red squirrel do prove that (England has grey squirrels, America has red squirrels), but it could almost be characters from a Redwall story based on the land over the western sea from Mossflower.   :)

Hopefully the artist's story (and more images) gets released somewhere.

We had red squirrles in Europe.

click the banner

Buzz_Bumble

I'd have to look them up, but I think they originally came from America (brough back by early explorers) ... but it's the grey squirrel which is the only native to England.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on June 03, 2013, 10:28:56 PM
I'd have to look them up, but I think they originally came from America (brough back by early explorers) ... but it's the grey squirrel which is the only native to England.

Actually its the other way round
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on June 07, 2013, 07:39:07 PM

That's what I though, b/c I only ever saw Red squirrles where ever I went in Europe, but here (US) you see mostly grey/brown squirrles...some white.

click the banner

Maudie

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on June 07, 2013, 08:10:16 PM
Quote from: Jetthebinturong on June 07, 2013, 07:39:07 PM

That's what I though, b/c I only ever saw Red squirrles where ever I went in Europe, but here (US) you see mostly grey/brown squirrles...some white.

That's true, I've never seen a red squirrel in America.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Tam and Martin

Somone should find some more pictures of these!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Kitsune

I've seen a red squirrel! Well, brownish. ::)

MeadowR

Yeah, grey squirrels were brought to England from North America. Red ones were already here but have gradually become rarer, although they can be found a little more commonly on the Isle of Wight and in the Highlands of Scotland, for example. There are certainly a lot of grey squirrels around these days. They're cute, but red squirrels are nicer. Don't think I've ever seen a red in the wild, sadly. Unless stated otherwise as grey or black, I'm pretty sure Jacques intended all his squirrels in the books to be red.

As to the picture - it's pretty cool! Very nice detail. :D
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Leatho Shellhound

Yes, I saw lots (well a few) red squirrles in the wild in Europe.

click the banner

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on June 15, 2013, 06:07:17 PM
Yeah, grey squirrels were brought to England from North America. Red ones were already here but have gradually become rarer, although they can be found a little more commonly on the Isle of Wight and in the Highlands of Scotland, for example. There are certainly a lot of grey squirrels around these days. They're cute, but red squirrels are nicer. Don't think I've ever seen a red in the wild, sadly. Unless stated otherwise as grey or black, I'm pretty sure Jacques intended all his squirrels in the books to be red.

As to the picture - it's pretty cool! Very nice detail. :D

Yes, they became rarer because the two species didn't exactly get on and the grey squirrels killed most of them off
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan