Hidden Within The Walls: Part Two

Started by rachel25, February 28, 2014, 05:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

"Oops." Bryant said, then shrugged. He'd run into Monka again soon. Even if the guy thought Bryant didn't like him. He did. . . . The squirrel just didn't like the fact he was engaged to his sister.
------------------------------------
Bryony was out by the pond, staring glumly at it.

Jukka the Sling

Mirelle finished eating and got up, still wondering what had happened to Bryony to make her storm out like that. She didn't intend to interfere, but she did want to go outside. Great Hall was getting a little stuffy with all of those beasts in it.

As she walked over to the main door that opened onto the lawns, Mirelle passed Skipper and Marshall. She overheard what they were saying about ship-naming and turned towards them. "You need a ship name? How about... um... Seamist? Or... Seashadow?" She wasn't quite sure why she'd suggested the latter, since, in her mind, Cien had been evil, but she said it before she thought.
-----------------------
Fern was still talking with Mycroft as she finished her plate, telling him her side of the past few days.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall's eyes grew wide at the mention of the Seashadow. He raced past Skipper and darted back to Great Hall. There, he dashed over to Fern's spot at the table.
''Fern! We got a name for the ship! The Seashadow! Named after Cien!''
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Jukka the Sling

Fern looked up. "Seashadow?" She smiled. "I really like that. I'm glad you don't think Cien was all bad."
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

rachel25

Monka wandered around the Abbey grounds in search of Bryony, eventually he saw her sitting by the pond alone. She didn't look very happy and Monka sighed.
"Hi......." He said quietly as he walked over and sat down next to her.

Cornflower MM

"Hi." Bryony said back, turning to look at him.

rachel25

"I'm sorry....." Monka began, but didn't know how to finish it.

Cornflower MM

Bryony sighed. "It's fine. Don't stress about it." She said, turning to face the water again. "It's just that I was so excited about the two most important people in my life who aren't dead meeting each other."

Jukka the Sling

Mirelle grinned, then walked outside into the afternoon sunlight. There were quite a few beasts on the lawns, but the ottermaid deliberately avoided them. She just wanted to find a quiet place where she could be alone. Not that she was mad at anyone or anything like that. She simply wanted to be by herself right then.

So Mirelle wandered over to the southwest wallcorner and seated herself on the grass in the shadow of the wall. It was cool and peaceful there and she could relax.
--------------------
Glirid saw an ottermaid leave Great Hall and suddenly grinned as an idea hit him. Since most of the Abbeybeasts were inside, maybe he could sneak over to the pond and go swimming! The little dormouse left his nearly-finished plate where it was and scampered outside. He didn't have to ask for help with the heavy main door, as Mirelle had left it slightly open by accident.

Gonff the Mousethief

OOC: Since Cornflower left, will this RP finish? I know we are so close to the end, but will someone take over her charcters?
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Jukka the Sling

OOC: Yeah, I hope we finish. I don't think I should be the one to take over Corny's charries, though, seeing what a terrible job I did last time...

rachel25

OOC Personally, reading over the last few posts it looks like we've finished. I think we should do an offcial ending with an extract from Abbess Fern's journal. About what's gone to happen. For example Bryony and Monka getting married. :)

Jukka the Sling

OOC: Alright, here goes. If you want me to change anything, just say so.
BIC:

Extract from the journal of Abbess Fern.

I've been so busy lately that I haven't journaled at all for the past few days. But yesterday the Dibbuns' play Sister Lupine had organized took place. Most of the Abbey gathered to see it. It went off without a hitch - well, almost. The little dormouse Glirid forgot his lines once, and for the next minute tried to remember them, until the squirrelbabe Wiklam reminded him. Despite that, the play was a success. Bryony sang beautifully, and I could tell Monka was proud of her.

And today, a week after everybeast returned home, Monka and Bryony were married. They're such a happy couple, and it was a beautiful wedding. It took place in the Orchard, and every Abbeydweller was present. Afterwards, everyone celebrated with a feast the Friar had specially prepared, complete with a lovely cake as the centerpiece. (The Dibbuns liked that part best of all.)

Marshall and Tripper have been making plans for their crew and adventures with the
Seashadow. They've already gotten quite a few volunteers for crewbeasts, and they're very excited to set out on their adventure.

The ex-slaves are slowly settling in to Abbey life. It was really pitiful to see how they were at first - thin, emaciated, thankful for even the smallest things we take for granted here. But like I said, they're beginning to adjust.

I'm so happy that Abbey life has returned to normal - although it won't be the same with Cien gone. (I know he had a lot of good in him, no matter what anybeast else may say.)

May your life be peaceful and happy, and may you never have to face evil in your time.

~Fern, Abbess of Redwall Abbey in Mossflower country

rachel25

OOC that's perfect! Absouluty lovely. A great way to finish it. Thanks Jukka! Well I guess the topic can be locked and moved now.....its been great RPing with you guys! :)

Gonff the Mousethief

OOC: Perfect ending! It has been very fun with all of you! I hope we can RP again sometime!  ;)
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.