News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Songs you love, and the songs you hate.

Started by Søren, October 13, 2014, 02:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Genre of music?

Pop
5 (14.7%)
Rock
4 (11.8%)
Classical
7 (20.6%)
Country
6 (17.6%)
Alternative
5 (14.7%)
R&B
0 (0%)
Rap/HipHop
2 (5.9%)
Indie
5 (14.7%)

Total Members Voted: 33

The Mask

Well. I watched it. I'm going to go smash my head against a wall for a while. WHY CAN'T EVERYONE JUST STOP HATING??!
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Banya

I voted for Indie because I simply love Indie music.  My favourite band is Vampire Weekend and I love everything they do.  However, I also love Heavy Metal, Post-Grunge, Celtic rock, and Soundtrack (none were included in the poll - it's okay, you can't have everything).  I do also listen to Christian now, since I'm learning more about contemporary Christian music at my new church.  Everything else, to me, is simply either tolerable or intolerable.

Søren

fun. was my favorite band for a while, until Imagine Dragons really hit the scene. And fun. has sorta fallen off the face of the earth.

I'm retired from the forum

Banya

I love both Fun. and Imagine Dragons as well.

A few of my good friends are huge fans of Taylor Swift.  They will often quote lyrics in conversation and frequently pull out their phones to play her music when they think things are getting too quiet.  I've got nothing against her; I simply don't like her music.  Now it's a source of amusement to them to play it loudly while I'm around, not because I loudly complain or make it into a huge deal but because they know how much I truly dislike it.  It past the point of my asking nicely for them to turn it off, or even turn it down so I can carry on a conversation with someone else in the room without shouting, and reached the point a couple days ago where I'm actively trying to avoid spending time with them.  Who knew something as silly as some awful country-pop songs could turn to this?

The Mask

I know exactly what you mean. I used to like her music when it was country/pop and only semi-popular.
Now she's just completely nuts.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Hickory

Classical. I play viola and love Rossini, Bach, Beethoven, and other old composers. However, certain songs I do like. Pete Rodriquez appeals to me as well. (at least some of his songs)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

clunylooney

I like new music and pop, but I also love old music, particularly 1960s and 1970s music. The reason is because I was raised with both.
I can't stand late 90s and early 2000s music. There are some good ones, but not many.

For new songs, I like Katy Perry and Taylor Swift, although I don't think either are my FAVORITE but they are good IMO. I like Imagine Dragons and Maroon 5 and i don't understand the hate towards them. I love everything the played on the radio from 21 pilots. I never cared to much about Justin Bieber and I think his golden age was the 2015 to 2017 and maybe 2018. That's when I liked him most.
I love most EDM so the early 2010s had a lot for me, I love Avicii and The Chainsmokers (as musicians at least). Rihanna is pretty good, Bruno Mars is pretty good.
The only songs I HATE from the 2010s are any song by Lizzo. She seems like a cool person, but I hate her music.
As for 2020 songs...  :P
Old songs wise, as I said, I love 1960s stuff like The Beatles, Beachboys, The Kinks, CCR and stuff like that. I love disco/groovy funk music from the 70s. I also love 70s rock such as Led Zeppelin, ACDC, Boston, The Ramones, Black Sabbath etc. I also love synths and stuff like that so I like Kraftwerk. I also really like The Cars, Squeeze, ABBA and 70s pop band like that. As for 80s, I like early 80s stuff like U2 and early rock songs from that time, but I don't like the cheesyness of the late 80s. I never liked Bon Jovi or Bryan Adams, although they have some pretty good songs once and awhile. I really like Journey because they are a fun cheesy, not a painful cheesy. I obviously love Michael Jackson and Queen, I mean how can you not. I will say i prefer 1970s Jackson and early 80s Jackson more than anything else he made afterwards. I like David Bowie, Hall and Oats, Take on Me and Photograph are two amazing songs, I like Eye of the Tiger, YMCA and the Final Countdown.
As for 90s, Nirvana and 1 in every 10 songs or so are pretty good. As for 2000s as well, I love Daft Punk and like Mr Brightside by The Killers.

So there you are, my opinion on music. I didn't hold back this time with how long this could be.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

WorshipTiria

I don't know my least favorite, but my favorite is probably one of the many prog rock bands I listen to.
I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE

Tungro

I dabble in quite literally everything, but my least favorites are probably metal and emo rock

WorshipTiria

I just don't like the vibe of emo rock.
The tunes can sometimes be good, but lyrics just make no sense.
Also, pop just sounds to me like it was meant to be and earworms and not sound good.
I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE

The Shadow of Korriban

The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Flib Bigboat

Yes, the first Butter song wasn't that good, but I like their remix because it's hilarious. (Like when Jimin falls off the chair in the background. :giggle:)
I really like pop music, but it's so hard to find good pop songs these days...
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Tungro

Satire and comedy is a weirdly good genre - the likes of Bad Lip Reading, Cody Ko, Danny Gonzalez, etc

mmor

My favorite song: Eagles - Hotel California

shisteer of nothing much

I like classical, country and catholic music. Not a huge fan of a lot of pop and stuff, though I think there are some gems in basically every genre.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!