News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Marvel (Comics, Movies, TV Shows)

Started by Søren, December 19, 2014, 03:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Søren

SPOILERS PEOPLE! Man, I have GOT to see this movie!

I'm retired from the forum

BlueRose

I gave no important spoilers. Keep griping at us and I will spoil you to The Lonely Mountain and back.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Søren

Quote from: BlueRose on May 03, 2015, 02:22:56 AM
I gave no important spoilers. Keep griping at us and I will spoil you to The Lonely Mountain and back.
OThat better not be a Ultron referenceO

BlueRose

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on May 03, 2015, 03:06:14 AM

No, it was a Hobbit (the book/movie) reference.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Søren

Quote from: BlueRose on May 03, 2015, 03:19:45 AM
Quote from: Soren the Warrior on May 03, 2015, 03:06:14 AM

No, it was a Hobbit (the book/movie) reference.
Ok the. Man, I have to see this....

Banya

Quote from: BlueRose on May 02, 2015, 11:58:26 PM
Dude, the Marvel Universe has the most ridiculous plot elements ever. Were you expecting any different?

I've found most of the MCU's previous plots to be rather realistic. ;)

What I actually meant
Ridiculous=A bit too far
[close]
I mean really
A floating city?  And they got everyone off before blowing it up?
[close]

In regards to the music, I loved the eerie version of Pinocchio's "I've Got No Strings."  In addition, the usual Avengers action music was powerful and perfect for the film.

@Eul: I didn't recognize you at first after your profile pic change.[/font]

Eulaliaaa!

Haha, do you recognize me now?  ;D

And yes, the soundtrack was amazing.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

BlueRose

Quote from: Banya on May 06, 2015, 07:40:37 AM
Quote from: BlueRose on May 02, 2015, 11:58:26 PM
Dude, the Marvel Universe has the most ridiculous plot elements ever. Were you expecting any different?

I've found most of the MCU's previous plots to be rather realistic. ;)

What I actually meant
Ridiculous=A bit too far
[close]
I mean really
A floating city?  And they got everyone off before blowing it up?
[close]

In regards to the music, I loved the eerie version of Pinocchio's "I've Got No Strings."  In addition, the usual Avengers action music was powerful and perfect for the film.
[/font]

Really? Really? NOBODY IN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE ACTUALLY DIES UNLESS IT'S IMPERATIVE TO THE PLOT/EARLY ENOUGH IN THE MOVIE AND YOU THINK THE PLOTS ARE REALISTIC?
Not flaming, just emphatic and too lazy to use italics.

WARNING: Possible spoilers for Big Hero 6 and Captain America: The First Avenger. If you haven't seen them by now, shame on you, and shame on your cow.
 *rolls eyes*
Honey, if a floaty city bothers you, science fiction/ fantasy are not a good genres for you. And OF COURSE they got everyone off. History shows that no one in the Marvel universe has actually died, except MAYBE Tadashi from Big Hero 6. The jury's still out on that one. Oh, and Doctor Erskine, but his death was important to the plot. Which, I suppose, justifies Tadashi's death too...

Floating cities that explode make for interesting plot devices. Not necessarily plausible at all, but interesting. Bet you didn't expect a floaty city until it happened.
[close]

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

Yup. The movie was based on a comic in which Baymax happens to have a vastly different physical appearance.

Banya

I know some people don't pick up on sarcasm, but I'd thought the winky face would've taken care of that.

Anyway, the deaths that occur in the MCU are important to the plot.  Erskine, *Bucky,* *Coulson,* etc.

Age of Ultron
A floating city just about takes the cake on the ridiculous meter.  I found it more of an annoyance than a riveting part of the overall plot.
[close]

The Winter Soldier
Plotlines that include saving the world with literally 1 second to go, while predictable, are still exciting.  Helocarriers able to kill millions of people at once, while a ridiculously powerful weapon for Hydra to control, still made for an interesting storyline.  It was the themes of freedom and fear, freedom's victory, and the film's not-so-subtle nod to modern society that was most enjoyable.
[close]
[/font]

Søren

I saw Avengers today. It was awesome.
WARNING: Age of Ultron
I thought Hawkeye was a goner. Didn't see that coming. ;)

Who knew Hawkeye had kids?

Hawkeye is awesome. Cap and him are awesome.

I think the Rominoff/Banner thing could be better as Rominoff/Cap, but this works.
[close]

Banya

Age of Ultron
Hawkeye's story surprised me.  I think I'd heard a spoiler somewhere that we were going to find out more about him in this film (thanks Moviepilot), but it wasn't some dark secret like I figured it would likely be.  I loved the addition of his family, and I liked learning more about him and the others who don't have their own films.
Banner almost got to go full nerd in some scenes, and I was glad of the larger role he played.  Ironman was still so strong a presence in the film (as he needed to be for this particular story), and I dislike him more and more as the universe continues.
The Avengers (2012) introduced the concept that Barton and Nat are close friends and go way back.  I'd like to see that brought up more in the films.

To the Steve/Natasha idea: I disagree with Soren.  Nat is not at all like Peggy, and while trustworthy, she is too morally ambiguous for Steve, and Steve is too straightforward and open for her.  I like the friendship they developed in The Winter Soldier.

The Nat/Banner thing surprised me.  It showed a softer side of Nat that I like.  I appreciated the flirtation between them in the beginning, but the jokes regarding their relationship were sometimes distasteful.
[close]
[/font]

Hickory

My thoughts
Iron Man is central because he is the main comic relief, and the money provider, and the technician (though he and Banner share that role). I like the character of Tony Stark, becuase he's dynamic. Unlike Cap.
[close]
ß
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jetthebinturong

"And Steve watch your gosh darn language!"
"You're never going to let that go are you?"
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan