News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

is peach a citrus

Started by rakkety tam, August 24, 2011, 04:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

is peach a citrus

of course it is
what your crazy no it isnt

Delthion

That's weird, when I search it it actually has James' response in a box at the very top of the page! Not in the usual search result manner, but more like when you search the meaning of a word it has the definition in a box. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Cornflower MM

. . . .

Jaaaaaaaames.

DID YOU COPY/PASTE?

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

No he didn't, it was a direct link to our forum and this thread as well.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Lady Amber

Quote from: Delthion on August 14, 2017, 10:46:01 PM
That's weird, when I search it it actually has James' response in a box at the very top of the page! Not in the usual search result manner, but more like when you search the meaning of a word it has the definition in a box. ;D
Same here. ;D

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: The Skarzs on August 09, 2017, 06:05:46 PM
That is seventeen people who were either joking or were seriously ignorant. :P

Ah reckon zat putz me in ze Zeriouzly Ignorant category, alzough ah dinnae zink Ah 'ad zought aboot it zat 'ard vhen ah voted. Ach.......
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

A Mango!

...Lookin' up ze image zin' tae pozt ze image by clickin' ze propertiez, it zayz 'Product- Mango-By-Air'. Zae...
*Mangoez ztart droppin' from ze air*
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Ashleg

This is about PEACHES, fool!

Delthion

Let us ask the true question... "Are mangoes peaches?"

Cornflower MM

Ashleg

"Are mangoes peaches?"

Yes. Mangoes are, surprisingly, the first type of peach discovered by the Native Americans in 1932.
After humans got the technology to biologically alter peaches to a flavor, shape, and texture which they preferred, mangoes did have their name changed from "peaches" to "mangoes" to try and hinder confusion.
But mangoes are indeed peaches. In fact, they were the original peaches.

Delthion

This finding of the original Mango, according to some sources. Is predated by the 1453 discovery of the Fruit of the Emperor in the ruins of Constantinople. The Fruit of the Emperor was a scepter, which a mango topped. This artifact has since been lost. But according to the Court Historian of the Emperor Constantine XI, and the little history passed down from the Ottoman Turks, this fruit was taken by Mehmed the Conqueror. But famine struck the Turks and the mango was consumed by Mehmed.

The reason that tales of this mango had not been told before the fall of Constantinople was that the secret of the mango was jealously guarded. When Venice attacked and sacked Constantinople in the beginning of the Fourth Crusade, the palace guards made a last stand around the room (whose name is not remembered.) that contained the mango. When the Venetians finally broke through it was discovered that the mango was gone. A stable boy had discovered it by chance and fled, keeping the mango to return it to the Emperor when the Venetians eventually left. This stable boy was eventually rewarded extensively, the land and titles. But upon receiving these rewards, the stable boy was so elated that he instantly died, the joy of such a moment had overpowered him. This is all the history we know of the Fruit of the Emperor.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Ashleg on August 15, 2017, 11:11:48 PM
"Are mangoes peaches?"

Yes. Mangoes are, surprisingly, the first type of peach discovered by the Native Americans in 1932.
After humans got the technology to biologically alter peaches to a flavor, shape, and texture which they preferred, mangoes did have their name changed from "peaches" to "mangoes" to try and hinder confusion.
But mangoes are indeed peaches. In fact, they were the original peaches.
If that was true they would have bred out that nasty fuzzy skin.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM