News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

School Returneth!

Started by Matthias720, August 25, 2011, 02:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

All across North America (and other continents, I suspect) school/college is either starting or about to start. What are you looking forward to, and what do you dread?

Personally, I'm wrapping up a Associate's Degree in small business this semester. It's both exciting and slightly nerve-wracking.

Lutra

I'm the teacher not the student....

I'd like to continue to see parent participation in their students successes and help them through their trying times.  I'd like a greater sense of respect in my classroom, and if it goes like last year, it won't be half bad. :)  A couple of students I'll just really have to keep my eye on what they do because they are definitely a challenge!
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah'm lookin' forward tae Chriztmaz vacation!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Dawnwing

I'm going into my second year of college; I'm double-majoring in two computers majors.  I'm looking forward to the fact that 3 out of the 4 classes I'm taking are computer-related.  I'm NOT looking forward to three-hour long class periods (I will have two of them, once a week each) or the difficulty of chemistry.

Gonff

I'm looking forward to school. I'm not sure what I'm not looking forward to.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

DanielofRedwall

Really? Only now? I'm already half way through third term!!!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Shinella

Looking forward to next summer! :) lol... good to be among friends again though.
Yesterday is history... Tomorrow is a mystery... Today is a gift... and that's why its called - The Present...

Matthias720

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on August 25, 2011, 12:33:30 PM
But you live in Australia. :P

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Matthias720 on August 25, 2011, 02:05:24 PM
Quote from: DanielofRedwall on August 25, 2011, 12:33:30 PM
But you live in Australia. :P
Yeah, I just didn't realize how different our school terms and stuff were!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Nightfire

Huh. You know I'm homeschooled, which means that we can work even on really-super heavy days of snow. I usually finish school for the year ahead of all of the public schools. I'm looking forward to Science and English, but not Math. Science, because I just love science, English, because I know it all already, so it'll be easy, and Math I'm not looking forward to, becasue it's the year I start to learn Algebra.  >:(
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Skalrag of Marshank

Agh, I start algebra this year, too. :P I'm going into 7th grade. I'm kind of excited to start school and see all my friends again, although I'm not excited for P.E., or math.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Lutra

^ That's nuts you guys start algebra so early.  Sign of the global times I guess...I didn't remember seeing algebra until I got to high school.  One of my cousins is going into 8th grade and needed help.  I even had a bit of trouble with some of the questions!  :-X  What do you take by high school then...advanced calculus or are you done?
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Trigoma

sheesh im just in high school O_O and it started like 3 weeks ago :O and im not looking forward to any of it! ;_;
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Gonff

Quote from: Nightfire on August 25, 2011, 02:57:28 PM
You know I'm homeschooled, which means that we can work even on really-super heavy days of snow.

Same here, it doesn't matter what the weathers like. I'm starting pre-algebra this year too, but I've already taken Geometry (Go figure ::)) in which we went over some of it and I've looked though the book and it doesn't look too hard.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Redwall Musician

Math was made for me to doodle, English is boring, so I do it, then forget it as soon as can. Art and music is FUN! My favorite part of school is drawing mice, squirrels and otters on the back of my paper.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."