Submission and Rebellion

Started by Corbus, January 06, 2015, 10:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Arron winked knowingly sheathing his rapier and licking the last of the crumbs from his claws.
"I had no intention too attack them, unless they try something against somebeasts in Mossflower or try to push others around their free to travel where they wish." He stood and stretched, shouldering a haversack he began getting his shrews on their feet.
"Up an at them you lazy sods we got march'en to do." Turning to Asher he raised a paw to shake the squirrel's.
"So you fancy traveling with a bunch o' shrews to the Abbey, can't promise it will be a peaceful and quiet trip." He joked as the group immediately began arguing on who would march at the front.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Asher grinned with a devil-may-care smile. "Hmmm, best way to get them marching is to insult them. Hey there, you spikeybonces! My granny can walk faster 'n you! Bee I beat you to the Abbey! Heard they have the primest vittles in all the land!" Tipping a wink to Arron, Asher ran off to scout ahead.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

Arron laughed at the shrews face as the gray squirrel sprang off into the trees. "Right, see ye at the Abbey." Arron called after him before turning to his shrews.
"Right yew heard him he called you lot slow, lets move!" In no time the shrews had reformed their marching lines and continued their journey.

Hickory

Asher stopped short of the great building. He scanned the walltops; no one there. He vanished back into the woodlands.

Upon contact with the shrews, he drew up next to Arron. "Didn't see anybeast up there, so I'm assumin' they're either feasting or sleeping."

LT Sandpaw

Arron shook his head worriedly as they drew up to the Abbey. Asher could be right, Redwallers could spend lots of time doing either activity.

"That's not good, were hungry for some good Redwall food." He said jokingly as they approached the north wall gate. pounding on the gate and glaring though the timbers he yelled for assistance. A few shrews took to throwing rocks over the wall yelling for the Abbey creatures until Arron sharply told them to stop.

"We'll we might just have to wait for somebeast to do a round of the walls and let us in." Arron said with a shrug leaning against the wall. "Unless some squirrel want to climb a tree an hope over and let us it." He said winking at Asher.

Hickory

Asher winked back. "Right you are, matey."
With a quick hopskipped he latched on to the branch of a nearby elm, he scurried over to the walltop. Sure enough, a large picnic was beig hel on the lawns. He dropped onto the battlements, sneaking toward the stairs.

Givanell

OOC: I do apologize if my posts are some-what dull and sound rather boring, I have been offline since last July and have only recently been re-introduced to the outside world.

BIC: Khania Honorpaw looked around her cave making sure everything was as she left it. She had only recently returned from roaming Mossflower Woods, and was satisfied that none had discovered the hidden entrance she had spent long seasons making. It was a cave dug down into the ground rather then inside a hill-side. It's entrance was positioned close to an Elm tree whose roots provided support for the east wall. For air, Khania had positioned many hollowed out tree branches in the base of several bushes that lived above her. And for light, she kept Fire-fly lanterns held by cleverly carved stone brackets. Thus assisting to avoid detection so that none could smell the smoke of a fire. Khania mainly ate raw fruit and vegetables, and only cooked when outside her dwelling. So that none could discover where it lie. The cave was spacious enough to provide decent comfort for a score of creatures.

Khania had been singing quietly to herself while sweeping the floor of her cave, when she heard several beasts bickering and quarreling loudly. They were arguing fiercely with each other over some the most petty problems. Who was going to eat what and how, Who was going to serve the Log-a-log his Meal. At the mention of the Title Log-a-log, Khania knew instantly that the beasts were Gousim Shrews! With a slightly delighted expression on her face, Khania made her way to the cave's entrance. A small flight of stairs with a locked trapdoor at the top. She was hoping to surprise the Shrews when she heard another voice. Khania frowned, She did not recognize this creatures voice. He was shouting something about his Granny? Shrugging, Khania waited for the Shrews to leave before unlocking the trapdoor and cautiously opening it before stepping out. She peered warily around, still conscious of the Shrews arguing in the distance. Before moving aside a bark-cloth cover for the lock and locking the door and shifting dirt and leaves over the door, completely disguising it from view. With a happy heart, Khania started briskly marching off towards the shrews. Faintly, she could still hear the Shrews arguing. Using the Shrews arguing as her guide, Khania followed the Shrews.

OOC: I hope that my post is not considered too long and detailed. Please let me know if I need to start simplifying my posts.
Der Tod ist aber ein Leben lang Weg.

Hickory

OOC: It's alright, just when you start going toward the action/major interacting part of things you wan to shorten your posts, so people can respond to yor characters actions better.

BIC: Asher went to the eeast wallgate, where the picnicers wouldn't notice him opened the wallgate. He called out to the woodlands. "Arron, all clear. Just don'tlet your shrews come dashing in. Actually-" Here Asher looked thoughtful. "Head to the main gate and I'll have the Redwallers let you and your tribe in there. I'll go and talk to the Abbot. Or abbess."

LT Sandpaw

Arron waved a paw to show he heard before taking his shrews around to the main gate. They had stopped arguing at the moment and were debating what they would eat upon entering the Abbey.
"Alright give Asher a moment to get them over here to let us in don't go busting down the door." They lounged about looking bored and hungry waiting for the Redwallers to show.

Hickory

Asher headed across the lawn to the picnic area. He immediately singled out the Abbot, a medium sized mouse with eyeglasses perched on his nose.

OOC: Because it would take a long time to write out and have Asher explain the shrews and such, I'll time lapse and skip to he main gate part.

BIC: Arron watched as the gate swung slowly open, to reveal Asher and the Abbot, as well as the gatekeeper.

Givanell

Khania had followed the shrews to the edge of Mossflower, she had just placed her foot-paw out in the open when the gates swung open. Quickly, Khania withdrew her foot-paw, hoping that she was not spotted.
Der Tod ist aber ein Leben lang Weg.

Hickory

The Father Abbot was surprised. It wasn't often that shrews visited the Abbey at times like this. Nevertheless, he allowed them entry. After detailing several mice to make up several trays of food for the visitors, he turned the Arron. "Well, then, it's a pleasure to see old friends return to us. You're lucky Asher had us open the gate, or you'd be locked out. Ah, right, here come the servers. Let's go over to the tables, and we can dine."

LT Sandpaw

The shrews gave a cheer rushing forward. Arron followed at a slower pace with the Abbot and Asher. "It's certainly been some time since I had some good Abbey food, Lets just hope that lot doesn't finish it all first."

Hickory

Asher grinned. "Never, mate, I'm sure there's more food then a regiment of hares could eat."

Hickory