News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Amazing outdoors photos

Started by Izeroth, February 03, 2015, 04:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

I've wanted to post in this thread for a while. This is truly nice! :) Here are some river photos I found online, because rivers are awesome.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Eulaliaaa!

Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Wot, wot!

"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Eulaliaaa!

Do you know where the picture of the river on top is?
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Mhera

Pamukkale, Turkey ("Pamukkale" means "cotton castle").

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Eulaliaaa!

Just curious, do you know why the ice formed like that?

The Skarzs

That's not ice. It's mineral buildup composited by centuries of the mineral-rich water, acids, and/or bases common of most hot springs.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Mhera

No, it's ice. Pamukkale is a hot spring, so ice just formed around the pools.

Izeroth

I'm pretty sure it's a buildup of calcium, but I don't know. Considering that the country around it is arid, it wouldn't make a great deal of sense for there to be ice on it.

Skyblade

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on February 09, 2015, 01:47:26 PM
Do you know where the picture of the river on top is?

I'm sorry, the website I found it only says that it's a river valley :-\ Anyway, the second one is from Texas if I saw it correctly ^.^

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Mhera

Looked it up again and ya'll are right :P. Those are mineral deposits and not ice.

Lake Hillier, Australia

Eulaliaaa!

LT Sandpaw

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Eulaliaaa!