News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Favorite Character?

Started by Lady Cregga, February 23, 2015, 03:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Quote from: Eila Wanderstream on April 17, 2018, 03:47:08 AM
For some reason I really couldn't like Mattimeo for a while..... His tendency towards childish selfishness was too much. I like him better now, though, and when he just stared as the slaver literally broke a branch from beating him.... that's a cool scene.
I've always loved otters. They're swift, lethal, and totally lovable idiots. Among my favorites are Finnbar Galedeep, Leatho Shellhound, Tagg (though I didn't like him as much when he became Deyna), Shad (if he's the one who got the flowers off the mountain from the eagle, pretty sure 'twas him), Mask...... I could go on. ;)
Among a few of my favorite vermin: Rasconza the fox, definitely Shadow, and of course Tramun Clogg. The golden fox with flat eyes from Tagg's book always appealed to me, as did the guy from Eulalia. Foxes make great villains.
And of course Balefur and Rockjaw Grang, because the Highlanders' accents are the best thing to occur in this or any other universe. Doogy Plumm is on that list too.
SO MANY CHOICES!!! :o
I really appreciated Mattimeo's character arc, from that brat "son of the Abbey Warrior" to a much more mature and experienced young creature. He still had some of that brashness left in the end of the book, but that was just part of him.

Also, welcome to the forum, Eila! It's great to have you here!
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Quote from: Eila Wanderstream on April 17, 2018, 03:47:08 AM
I've always loved otters. They're swift, lethal, and totally lovable idiots.

OTTERS? Why are otters idiots? Educate me.

I think hares, voles, and hedgehogs are shown to be idiotic...not otters.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Ashleg on April 17, 2018, 07:03:43 PM
OTTERS? Why are otters idiots? Educate me.

I think hares, voles, and hedgehogs are shown to be idiotic...not otters.
Spoiler
[close]
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

LIKE SAYIN' ALL OTTERS ARE IDIOTS IS NOT?

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Eila Wanderstream

They aren't always idiots - I mean that as a term of endearment. But you gotta admit, part of what makes 'em so great is that they'll be fighting to the death one moment and calling each other 'Fleeko Spellbrown' the next.....

The Skarzs

Yep.
Is that a British thing? Like drinking tea in the middle of a crisis?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Yes. Absolutely.

Also yeah otters are the best.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Maudie

Otters are definitely the best characters.  ;D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Ashleg

Delthion

Quote from: Eila Wanderstream on April 19, 2018, 01:15:20 AM
They aren't always idiots - I mean that as a term of endearment. But you gotta admit, part of what makes 'em so great is that they'll be fighting to the death one moment and calling each other 'Fleeko Spellbrown' the next.....

I do that all the time! ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Ashleg

*punches Delthion*

F-FLEEKO SPELLBROWN.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg