News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Dragon Cave!

Started by Dannflor, September 05, 2012, 07:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

That's awesome that you got all the CB ones!  I'm not nearly patient enough right now to wait for a bunch of cavies to hatch and unlock my scroll.  I'll probably end up getting some good APs.

I'm pretty lax when it comes to what eggs I choose, and I'm not a member of the forums or anything, so before I studied the trading section, I didn't even realize that people prized CB over lineaged dragons that much.  (Though it obviously makes sense.)  I kinda like lineages, though.  It's just cool to look at the family trees... although I've sadly discovered inbreeding in the ancestry of several of mine (thanks to a handy inbreeding checker on a fansite). :P

I'd be happy to create a vampire egg for you when the Halloween craziness is over!  Just tell me when!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Ashleg

I know nothing about this.
Is it hard?

Lady Amber

Nah, it's super basic, but fun. You just make an account and collect dragon eggs. You put them on click sites so they get views and clicks from other people; that's what makes them hatch. Eventually they'll grow up and you can name them, breed them with each other, and collect other dragons and so on.

Ashleg

Jukka the Sling

You should join. ;D  There's always a couple of brand-new dragon releases every month!  All the dragons available vary in how common they are, and it's extremely fun to try and find rare eggs before someone else grabs them.  Special rare-ish holiday dragons are always released around main holidays (there'll be a brand-new Halloween dragon released on October 31), and people also breed their holiday dragons from previous years and abandon the eggs around these times, so it's pretty easy to grab fun holiday eggs.

Oh, yeah, and since it's not really a game in the typical sense (it's just a website where you collect little pictures of dragons that you can name and breed), it doesn't have to take up much of your time.  You can just log in, grab your maximum four eggs at a time (the limit increases once you raise a bunch of dragons), put them on one click site, and pretty much forget about them.

There's a helpful Dragon Cave wiki as well.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

So I don't know if anyone follows the DragCave forums, but some information that was released with the release of Siyats and Mimic Pygmies got my fanfiction brain buzzing.

Basically, Siyat dragons are social creatures, and have a hierarchy based on the colour of the dragon. Greens are the most common, and thus the lowest on the social ladder, blues are basically middle class, and the purples are the nobility. Siyat colour is determined by how long it takes the egg to hatch, i.e. the incubation period. According to the creator of the dragons, the purple Siyats are vicious tyrants who will forcibly remove green and blue Siyat mothers from their nests to prevent them from incubating their eggs long enough for them to turn purple. It gave me this idea for a fanfic where a green couple has an egg in secret and tries to raise it as a purple, but the purples find out and take the egg from them, but it's already too late for it to hatch blue, so they raise it as part of the aristocracy. Later in life, the adopted purple learns of its past and goes out to find its parents, and start a revolution from within.

And of course that made me want to go back to my old fanfic and rewrite it to be better. Or at least use the characters for something new. And with all my new dragons that gives me ideas. Like I can see my Xenowyrms being the revered protectors of certain areas. Something totally terrifying and mysterious that other dragons don't understand.

So I guess I might do that.

Also does anyone want to talk about how they name their dragons? I have a system, but I kinda don't want to reveal it, even though it may be pretty easy to work out, 'cause I want to keep it unique to me. It works well 90% of the time, but sometimes it produces some really bad ones. Some of my favourites are Vatharai, Yokayo, Undoral, Ukurut, Ralagabe, Qebeshul, Do-Enum Kaaj, Bajuwek, and Idurobael.

Here's my scroll, in case anyone was curious about the names:
https://dragcave.net/user/Nargarath_the_unstoppable
I'd be happy to write a pronunciation guide if anyone wanted.

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Boss Hayes

Dragon... Cave?!

Well the closest the Redwall series ever had to a dragon is yours truly, so I feel inclined to ask if there are any plesiousaurs in this game.

Erm, I mean, HHIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
There's a new boss in town! Yee-haw!!!

Jetthebinturong

I'm afraid not, mighty Slothunog. But perhaps some of these might be similar enough to please you?

Of course there is also the Yellow Dino, which seems to be a Diplodocus/Brontosaurus or something.

Jetthebinturong

Sorry for the DP, but I've managed to snag five of the new Halloween breed. I'm going to be either abandoning, freezing, or giving away three of them, so if you want one, just say so.

Jukka the Sling

Your Siyat fanfic idea sounds really cool!

I got three of the new eggs, so I'm good.  Maybe someone else wants one?

Jetthebinturong

I think I'm gonna stick them up on the trading hub and see if I can get some of the Halloween dragons I'm still missing.

Boss Hayes

:o by the beard of volpez, this is the most fearsome monster I've ever beheld!

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on October 30, 2018, 09:29:51 PM
Of course there is also the Yellow Dino, which seems to be a Diplodocus/Brontosaurus or something.

There's a new boss in town! Yee-haw!!!