5 (26.3%)
I wasn't sorted because I'm not American
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Kitsune

Ashleg

So.
How do you get sorted?
Even though, as a Slytherin, I doubt one will fit perfectly.

Jetthebinturong

They're not supposed to be equivalent to Hogwarts houses.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Ashleg

So, guys...
What are your opinions on Dudley? >:D

Banya

As Dumbledore pointed out, he's definitely a product of his spoiled upbringing, but I like him more as he gets older and starts to think for himself. He learned early on how easy it was to push around his parents and sought the same submissive behaviour in his peers/followers, but I don't at all think he's a wicked person. I never saw any of the cruel things he did as a child as anything more than childish, bullying behaviour. I can't call myself a fan, because he really made Harry's childhood miserable, but by the seventh book, I liked Dudley and enjoyed his and Harry's last parting. Of his family, I think he was the most emotionally attached to Harry, his equal in age, relied on Harry as a means to reinforce his own dominance in the household and neighbourhood, and eventually respected him as a human, relative, and wizard more than his parents ever did.

BlueRose

Well said, Banya.

I like the thought that JK almost wrote in a magical child for Dudley. That gives him and Harry another chance to start again. And, since redemption is a recurring theme (Snape, Dudleyish, Peter, Draco, Regulus, Kreacher, etc.) in the books, it would make sense they would reunite eventually.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Apparently from Pottermore, ah'm a Ravenclav...Ah 'ave alvayz loved ziz zeriez und enjoyed readin' zem again und again. Und Dudley vaz good, 'e vaz alvayz a fun vone tae upzet by Harry (zuch az viz ze buzh ah zink it vaz) und 'ov 'e ultimately ended up better zan 'ov 'e began.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

BlueRose

Ravenclaw is the only house I haven't gotten. :D

I'm Slytherpuff mostly, though. And Thunderbird!

Has anyone taken their Patronus quiz yet? Mine is a tigress.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Rosie Willowwater

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

SilentSam

*sort of bump*
I can't believe that I've only started Harry Potter recently. I wanted to read it, but just didn't have the time/
;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Banya

Welcome, new Potterhead! I hope you're enjoying the books!!

SilentSam

Quote from: Banya on November 15, 2016, 02:56:48 AM
Welcome, new Potterhead! I hope you're enjoying the books!!
I am, thank you!  ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D

Amarith Waterspring

How much have you read so far?
Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.

SilentSam

About half of the first book. The part where... *looks at page* Harry plays the Quidditch match against Slytherin and his broom starts to go crazy.
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D