News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Over-Father

Started by LT Sandpaw, January 25, 2016, 06:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

Hickory

Cadby walked into the entrance behind Serene, holding out a paw to tell Bart and Adamo to stay where they are.

"Alright, otter, what's the problem here?" The fox said. The room was dimmer than the outdoors and his eyes took a second to adjust. "I just want to get a boat and get off here, back to my normal life." For a second his voice dropped the sociable pretense he had shown when landing on the island - he was back to his old self. For just a second. "Who were those other otters? There was one on the shore when we landed - he was apart from the otter guards. Said something about the Over-Father."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

Arriving at his camp Jade clapped his claws together rousing the Over-Followers resting amongst the trees. "Rise my brothers, the Over-Father has need of your assistance. A beast promised to him has been forcefully withheld from our care. Our sister Glimmer Deepstream has been kitnapped by the queen. Now Alana, Blirth. Find all of our brothers and sisters, gather them north of here by the little waterfall. Gather as many pickaxes and shovels as you can. Wait for me there. Go Jade High Priest of the Over-Father has spoken, the Over-Followers will obey."

Looking though the crowd of Over-Followers Jade picked out one of them. A young male named Webbkir. "Go find and bring young Over-Follower Morgen to me. I shall be here. Tell no one but him. I have special need of his services. Go." Webbkir nodded and sprinted off to search the island for Morgen.

OOC:
Jukka you can PP Webbkir to find Morgen whenever you want.

Edit: Yeah I did, good catch. I probably should have come up with names that don't look so similar. :p

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Groddil

Adamo ignored Cadby's paw, following the two in. Not wishing to become involved further with the fox, who was, after all, just a means to an end that had succeeded in his task, the tall otter stood to one side while Cadby began his inquiry to the Rhulain.

~O~

Alana saluted with her tail.
"The High Priest speaks, the Followers obey!"
The sea otter stared around. She selected 5 otters to retrieve the needed equipment and, motioning to Blirth, led the others towards the waterfall.

OOC: Sandpaw, don't you mean "Over-Follower Morgen?"

Hickory

OOC: He was talking to Serene. Might want to edit that post so Jukka can respond and Breeia can just overhear the conversation.

LT Sandpaw

OOC:
Whoops, I thought you had just skipped to where he was talking to Breeia. I'll just remove the first half of the post.

Hickory

Jukka the Sling

Serene turned when Adamo spoke up.  She hesitated a moment, then said, "You may speak to her as well, then, but only you and Cadby, no one else."

Then a minute later Cadby spoke to her just inside the entrance.  Serene nodded, and then her eyes hardened with disgust when the Over-Followers were mentioned.  "They're a lying bunch of bloodthirsty scoundrels who believe in some 'Over-Father' who requires blood rituals, and they would've hurt a young ottermaid if the Queen hadn't stopped it.  I'm afraid there's going to be even worse trouble with them before long."  She shook her head.
---------------------------
Morgen was cleaning off his sword under a tree, as he often did, when a male a year younger than him ran up.  Morgen had seen him before but didn't really know anything about him other than the fact that his name was Webbkir.

"Hey," Webbkir said, somewhat out of breath, "the Leader wants to see you."

Morgen wasn't sure he'd heard correctly.  "Me?"

"Yeah, you."

"Oh, come on."  Morgen felt anger rising in him.  How gullible did they think he was?  He was sick and tired of being teased and pushed around.

"I wouldn't keep him waiting, y'know," Webbkir said, annoyance seeping into his voice.

What if he isn't lying?  At that thought Morgen got up and sheathed his sword.  "Fine," he grunted, and marched off.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Hickory

Cadby nodded. "Okay, stay away from them, I guess."

Without waiting for approval he brushed past Serene, done with his conversation. Walking up to Adamo, he addressed the otter. "Irontail, you deliberately disobeyed my orders. I let you come along with me to here on the condition that you follow my every order - and you didn't?"

The black fox unconsciously itched a spot on his burnt arm under the leather armor, he winced after touching the burnt flesh. "Bart, it's alright to come in," he said. Cadby might as well have someone he could trust to follow an order with him.

Groddil

Fire flashed in Irontail's eyes.
"I had my own reasons for coming here, Cadby. I came to find my daughter Alana. Once I find her, I will gladly help you get off this rock, but until then, get out of my way."
The sea otter ignored the fox and approached the Rhulain. He gave a quick but elaborate bow.
"Allow me to introduce myself, High Rhulain. I am Adamo Irontail, advisor to your parents."

Jukka the Sling

OOC:  Wait... I thought Cadby, Adamo, and Serene were just outside the palace, above the steps?  *is confused*
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Groddil

OOC: Works with my post anyway. Adamo walked inside.

Hickory

OOC: I had it so Serene and Cadby walked into the foyer. Adamo followed anyway and now they're waiting for the Queen to respond. Oh, and Cadby had Bart come in.

Jukka the Sling

OOC:  I was thinking of them just barely inside the entrance of the palace, with the throne room being elsewhere.  But okay, I'll assume the throne room's right there.
BIC:

Serene stood aside, eyeing the Queen to see her response.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Okay just to make sure everyone is on the same page; Blirth (Whose Name I always spell wrong) and Alana are out gathering pickaxes and shovels along with the rest of the Over-Followers (About fifty in all) while Morgen is on his way to meet with Jade, who hath secret mission for him. *Wink Wink*. Breeia along with the rest of the cast, Cadby, Glimmer, Serene, Adamo, yadda yadda are in the palace entrance hall about to have a discussion.

Did I get everything right?

BIC:

Having followed Serene out of the throne room Breeia felt tremendously better to have finished the audience with Jade. So much so she was going to take a walk. And she was still going to walk outside whether the new guests had to follower her around. Not that they could all be considered guests.

"I know you Adamo. You have been gone for a long time. I regret to tell you that my parents passed some seasons ago. Now if you would please step out of the way." Breeia made her way around Adamo only to find Cadby blocking her way. A flicker of annoyance flashed across her face as she frowned at the fox. He wasn't the most tasteful of creatures, and his injuries drew the eyes in causing an awkward situation of trying not to stare at them. Something a queen shouldn't find difficult.

"Master fox, please state your business on Green Isle. Your kin- I mean I do not see foxes often..." She looked over at Serene as if to say, 'Why is he inside?' Bart on the other paw stared around open mouthed.

"Craw, tis mighty fine." He murmured.