News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

DAB: Help needed

Started by dibbuns, April 26, 2018, 05:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dibbuns

Hi guys,

I'm here as a member of the admin staff (Burfle Ashwood) at the DAB roleplaying forum, with an urgent matter.
Our forum was recently taken over by a troll who has gained admin access and proceeded to delete the forum and all members. As part of the process of reclaiming the site we need to be in contact with the original creator of that version of the forums.

Would anyone happen to have any form of contact with the ROC member Tysharm Inoar? They might also have gone under the names Deynum Kelpore, Chorkel Chiro or Yulla Tsarminal on other forums. Current or recent contact would be the best, but any contact at all could be helpful. Perhaps you might not even have contact with Tysharm yourself, but if the name rings a bell you might know someone else who would?

If you do have any information, would you possibly be able to send it my way in a private message? Prefacing the message request with "DAB info:" would be very helpful for me to filter out what is relevant and what is not.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. Any help would be wonderful.

Ashleg

Unfortunately, I do not. But I have a friend who might, so I'll ask him.

dibbuns

Thank you so much Ashleg! It's been really lovely to find so many helpful people after such a frustrating event.

The Skarzs

Best of luck retaking your site, Burfle Ashwood. Wish I could be more help myself, but hopefully Ashleg will be able to connect you to who you're looking for.

You are always welcome here, whenever you want.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

dibbuns

Thank you Skarzs, it would certainly be wonderful to keep checking in after this as well :)

Ashleg

Jukka the Sling

I'm so sorry to hear this.  How on earth did they manage to hack in and make themselves admin?  Would it be possible to ask for advice on the SMF forum?

At any rate, there is a Redwall Wiki member named Tysharm, but they don't appear to be active.  LordTBT has already posted a message on their wall about this matter.

I've Googled the other names and nothing promisingly recent has come up, but I'll try to keep looking.  Is there anything you might know about this user in real life?  Are they male or female, and where do they live?

Also, do you have any contact with other admins who might know something?

EDIT:  I found a user named Tysharm on cheezburger.com.  It appears that they're male.  I don't know if they're active, but I doubt it.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Chipster of Noonvale

This message has been posted on the Dibbuns Against Bedtime Facebook page earlier today:
QuoteHey dibbuns! Thanks for hanging in there while the site is offline. The damages done are currently in the process of being rolled back and we expect the site to return online sometime by the middle of next week at the latest. While you're waiting, we set up a chat room for talking with fellow members, so the admins to give updates on the situation, and maybe just for getting some RPing energy out. Just PM the page if you want a link to the chat.

Thanks again! DAB foreva'!
So this seems like good news ^-^

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on April 27, 2018, 11:22:12 PM
Would it be possible to ask for advice on the SMF forum?
The DAB forum runs on ProBoards, not SMF.  Still, this is a really nasty hack >:(

Jukka the Sling

Ah, right.

I'm glad they're getting this sorted out!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.