Survive the Crimson Sunrise I

Started by Fatch of Southsward, June 15, 2016, 03:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eulaliaaa!

Eul knelt down by Wilbur, applying pressure to his leg. She watched with a mix of fascination and horror as Antonio worked on the wound. "Glad you're with us," she said. "I wouldn't have known what to do. Um... should I keep putting pressure on his leg or let go while you bandage it?"
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Groddil

"Fine, but I won't be using the gun."
The survivor looked around briefly at their surroundings.
"Lot o' tall trees around here. We could sharpen some branches and block up an area between two of 'em. Or we could sleep up there. Any ideas?"

Delthion

"Probably sleeping up there is the better idea." Delthion said as he began climbing a particularly large tree that had many convenient branches on which to sleep.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Fatch of Southsward

Wilbur's life was saved by Eul and Antionio's work. He was already gaining the full use of his arm and leg back. He would be slower than before, but at least he could still fight the dead, or the living, if necessary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Night Passes~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Group 1:

The survivors awoke, itchy and uncomfortable due to the hay, but well rested. Wilbur was the first awake, due to the pain in his limbs. He was stretching and giving his bandaged leg experimental exercise on a crutch he had found in the corner of the barn, when suddenly he let out a yell, fully bringing the other survivors out of sleep.

The cause of the yell was quickly realized, as one survivor did not get up. Sergei Savin, the old Russian veteran, was staring up at the top of the barn, with a horrified look of pain and fear on his face. By the looks of things there may have been a battle fought in the hay. The straw was kicked up around him as though he had been squirming or writhing, and his face looked horrifyingly pale.

****Sergei Savin is dead****

Brought be the yell, the sounds of walkers could be heard, banging on the barn from outside.

Group 2:

Delthion and Jason awoke to the sounds of walkers. They looked below their tree, and found themselves looking into the harsh eyes of three walkers, who were at the base of the tree, reaching hopelessly for the delicious meal they had spotted at the top.

~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Gonff the Mousethief

Still fear stricken, Wilbur hobbled back to get his back, calling out to the others,
"G-Guys! What are we going to do now!"

He tried knocking an arrow in his bow, and found it hard to keep the weapon steady. Thankfully it did not hinder him from pulling the string back, but it still was painful none the less. Hopefully he could slay a few. But of not, he had a backup plan. He threw a good amount of cans where the sound of the zombies came from, and hoped that if they broke through that could stop them for a bit for himself or others to fire and kill. Whew.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Delthion

Delthion, seeing the zombies at the foot of the tree, climbed down enough to be able to leap down without receiving injury and quickly ended the existence of the zombies at the foot of the tree with his sword. "Well, it looks clear now!" He called up to Jason as he wiped his blade on the grass then sheathed it.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Groddil

Jason shimmied down the trunk to stand beside Delthion. Finishing off one zombie that still had a head attached, the survivor nodded.
"Yeah, unless they find a way to climb. I say we stay here for the rest of the day. We'll sleep a bit more, taking watches. Get our strength up and travel by night."

Hickory

OOC:

QuoteTravel by night

I wouldn't do that if I were you...
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Delthion

Delthion shook his head. "No, let's move now, we came from the south so let's head north, staying within sight of the road. Let's see how much distance we can put behind ourselves and the other group." Then he began heading north through the woods.

Fatch of Southsward

OOC:

I'll await a post from @Sagetip and @LT Sandpaw , and then something new will happen.

In the meantime we have an issue to address. Søren has recently left the forum, and in respect to him - his character, we will assume, has left sometime in the night. Two down.

Hickory

Cranking a strange disc, Kyle threw it along with Wilbur's cans. "Motion detected trap," he explained. "It'll stun any zombies when they approach."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

"Fair enough. Stick to the treeline. See if we can find anything on the road while we walk."
Jason sheathed his knife and shouldered his pack, before following Delthion north through the trees.

Fatch of Southsward

Group 1:

Suddenly sounds of a scuffle could be heard from outside the barn. It was over quickly. A voice from outside could now be heard:

"I'm going to guess somebody's in this barn. Mind if I come in and join you for a while? Name's Randall. I'm a teacher from nearby. I'm here with one of my students, Ryan."

Group 2:

Delthion and Jason had been travelling deeper into the forest for several minutes when they heard a voice from behind them:

"Oy! 'Ello, we was just followin' ya to see whatcha was up to." - said a voice from behind, with a thick British accent.

Two men, both wearing coats were jogging toward them. Both were armed

"Name's Tommy - this here's Eddie. They make 'em strange in America, eh? Everybody eatin' one another and whatnot. Your the first Tree-People we's met though. We were on vacation from London when it all happened, so we're a bit far from home. Reckon we could join you?

Groddil

Jason took out his pistol and cocked it behind his back.
"Not so fast. Why should we? Do you have supplies?"
The survivor gave Delthion a look. If the time came...

Gonff the Mousethief

Wilbur looked back at the rest of his group when the voices came. He shook his head, not wanting to trust anyone after his recent incident with Jason. Hopefully they felt the same way.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.