News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Overlord's Orders III

Started by DanielofRedwall, October 20, 2011, 09:07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanielofRedwall

The Overlord held up a hand for silence, and then spoke.
“There were mistakes made, and some great ideas throughout this mission. Matthias, that was clever of you to swap the book jacket. Winifred, your idea of getting the book signed is much appreciated. But, unfortunately, there were also mistakes, and mistakes must be punished.”
He pressed a few buttons on his control pad, and soon two of his servants appeared. He pressed another button, and the chamber Redwall Musician was standing in opened. The servants rushed over to her and swiftly knocked her out. They then carried her out of the room.
“Even if she was a girl, I would have thought that she would have valued the safe completion of this mission over her hair. If she hadn’t ripped up the paper the amount of money was on, the mission would have been a lot easier. Unfortunately, that is just the way it goes. She will be hypnotised by those servants. When she wakes, she will be lying in the middle of a busy street without any memories of what happened during her time serving.
Believe it or not, but for my next order I’ll be giving you a bit of a treat. I want you to find the nearest McDonalds. Order yourselves one cheeseburger meal each. There is one thing I want of you, however. You see, McDonalds are currently running an offer. For every four cheeseburger meals ordered in one purchase, you will receive a complimentary board game. Some of the beavers and I have been arguing quite a bit recently over who was better at Monopoly, so this would settle it. Please bring me back one Monopoly game, still in perfect condition. I could easily go and buy a board game myself, but I think you might need a treat to perk you up and really get you excited to serve me. This might mean you won’t fail me ever again.”

_____
The next day, the servants assembled again. The Overlord, shaking his head, talked to them. “I don’t see how you manage it,” he said. “No matter how simple the mission, you always seem to fail me. I asked you to bring me the game intact, and yet you somehow managed to bring it to me with numerous pieces and cards missing and Coke stains all over the board. Plus, it didn’t come inside the box, in fact, I didn’t receive any box at all! I thought the McDonalds would improve your performances, but I obviously thought wrong. Someone start talking now, before I lose my patience.”

______
OOC: I feel really bad eliminating you, Musician, especially because you hadn't been really eliminated before. But, rules are rules, and, unfortunately, I judged you the one to be eliminated. No hard feelings?
Received mostly negative reviews.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

ToR spoke. "It is simple. Overlord. We arrived at McDonalds, short of winifred, who had wandered off on some business. We all ordered our meals, and received the game. I said we must keep it intact and in the box. But Matthias took it out and looked at it. A explosion occured, and winifred armed with rocket launchers flew into the building and incinerated the box and Matthias' burger.
"That happened next was simple. Winifred was arrested, and I sent Matthias, still upset over his loss, so I gave him mine, to get her out. In the meanwhile, someone, who was not me, spilled coke over the game and stole some elements. Ask winifred the reason for her rampage, and question everyone else over the game's additional damages."
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

winifred

yes I went to another mcdonalds so we could have a wide verity of monopoly pieces and had just ordered lunch when the same guy in the skisuit who was spitting spit balls at plugg was behind me in line he followed me and sat in the booth behind me when I finished he grabbed me and put rocket boots on me and sprayed something all over me then hit a button and I was off I faintly remember the first two words Raging Bull next thing I knew I had a gun in my hands and was at the other mcdonalds blasting the other monopoly meals for some reason I  thought they were bombs when I relized what I was doing I fell to the ground and the authorities came I left my meal at the other mcdonalds
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Plugg Firetail

"This someone was Matthias. As he was leaving, he knocked over the coke. Then the guy with the ski jacket came in muttering"dfdfgdfhfgsfdg"(something like that). In that instant I knew he was one of the beavers. Without further ado, under Tor's gaze, stole pieces of the game! It seems the beavers wanted a better chance of winning."

Matthias720

"M'lord, spilling the coke was an accident, and in no way was it my fault. After the fiasco last mission with Plugg losing the book after I covertly gave it to him, I knew there was a good chance he'd lose the goods this time around, too. However, Plugg didn't see things this way. He insisted that he'd be the better choice to watch over the game board and pieces. I informed him that due to his previous failure that he (sic) 'was probably not the most responsible choice for carrying out this task.' Well he didn't like my pointing out his previous failure, as he started to work himself up into a frenzy. Then, at an unexpected moment he rushed towards the table with the game board and pieces. As I rushed to intercept him, I saw the coke sitting on the table. I tried my best to avoid it in my haste, but Plugg shoved me into the table, causing me to knock over the coke onto the game board and pieces and also giving me a large bump on my head. Plugg immediately stood up, loudly exclaiming 'Matthias, how could you?' in an innocent voice. He then proceeded to snatch up as many pieces as he could, under the pretense of 'keeping them safe from a maniac.'

Well, I wasn't going to press the issue, so I let him do it, knowing that he might very well hang himself for doing that. No sooner had he finished gathering the pieces up, when all of a sudden, the ski jacket guy rushed in and stole about half the pieces. I couldn't do anything because I was nursing that bump on my head. Ski jacket guy then laughed at us, put the game pieces in his pocket, and then skipped past Winifred who stood there watching him in disbelief. I called to her, telling her to chase after him, but she just stood there watch him exit the building. ToR was the only one who acted quickly, chasing the scoundrel as far as he could before returning after he lost track of the thief. That is the bulk of what happened, m'lord."

DanielofRedwall

"Thank you Matthias, that sheds some light on the situation. Now, Plugg Firetail, what have you got to say for yourself? You were the one who started this 'fight' with Matthias, so please explain your actions."

Redwall Musician

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on November 01, 2011, 11:39:59 AM
OOC: I feel really bad eliminating you, Musician, especially because you hadn't been really eliminated before. But, rules are rules, and, unfortunately, I judged you the one to be eliminated. No hard feelings?

OCC: He he!  :D Now I get to watch everyone else get eliminated.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Plugg Firetail

"M'lord, Matthias was instigating the whole fight. After reminding me of my "failure" with the book, he started running around me shouting you lost the book, you lost the book!" After a few minutes of him running round me I realized there was a soda can right next to the game. As I rushed to move the can to a different position, Matthias, having the wrong idea about me running, came in front of me. I could not stop myself, I was running too fast. Matthias was pushed over into the table, knocking soda onto the pieces. As Matthias was rubbing his wound, I took the rest of the pieces to protect them from Anything else."

winifred

like i said earlyer the ski jacket guy sprayed some stuff on me (i was sortof out of it) since at the time i had no control of myself when the cops came they just took me away.
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Matthias720

OOC: Plugg, since it was already established that you ran towards the table first and I went to intercept you, I couldn't have possibly jumped in your way. It couldn't have happened that way. Sorry. :(

Plugg Firetail

Ooc:okay, but can I just edit that out or just take the whole thing out?

DanielofRedwall

OOC: edit out however much is needed for it to not contradict Matthias' post.

Plugg Firetail

Matthias720

"M'lord, while it's true I was shouting at Plugg, it was only because he kept shoving his fingers in his ears, trying to ignore my logical points about why he should not be the one to carry the board and pieces. The fool wouldn't listen to reason. He put a finger in each ear and started to rudely taunt me by saying 'I can't hear you!' in a very childish voice. With all the authority I could muster, I attempted to tell him to not be such a child, that it was him who lost the book, not me. But every time I spoke, he would impishly repeat 'I can't hear you!' to where I had no choice but to shout at him to get him to hear me. That is when the unfortunate incident with the game board and pieces happened. I feel horrible that this took place, and if it is a crime to try to be as responsible as possible in a situation such as this, m'lord, then I yield myself to your judgement."

DanielofRedwall

The Overlord, after considering all that was said, spoke.
"Well, whatever happened, I have made my decision. It seems, yet again, you all failed me in some wa or another, but, one mistake I just can't ignore."
He pressed a few buttons on his control panel, and then waited. Finally, someone appeared. It was not one of his workers. They spoke to each other in muttered phrases, before the Overlord addressed his servants.
"This is Dr. Alan Grant. He, like me, is a strong believer that animal testing should be banned. So, instead of testing on animals, he tests on humans, doing the most painful experiments possible. So, ready to find out who the lucky person is who'll be joining him in his lab?"
After a few more buttons were pressed on the control panel, winifred's chamber opened up. She was tackled to the ground, kicking and struggling, before Dr. Grant placed a needle in her arm. She soon stopped struggling, and was carried out on a stretcher.
"Her decision to abandon you all baffles me. I did not want a 'wide variety of pieces', as she put it. I simply wanted the normal Monopoly pieces that you find in any normal Monopoly board. Too many pieces could get confusing. Oh well, nevermind, she'll simply become a human test subject now."
He waited until Winifred was taken out of the room before speaking again.
"Just three servants left?! Incredible! But, this must mean that you are the most trustworthy of the group, which means that you probably won't fail me. So, I have another mission, just for you three.
I consider my cat here, Silvester, to be my best friend. However, over the past few days, he seems to have become bored when I leave him alone. So, my next mission is simple. I want you to go to the nearest pet shop and buy a few cat toys for him to play with. I have two that I think he must have. These are a scratching post and a ball of string. Buy these and pick out 3 other toys for him, and then come back here. Well? What are you waiting for? Shoo!"

_______

The next morning, when the three servants assembled, the Overlord did something he never did. He was out of his chair and walking among the chambers. Of course, he was still wearing a baraclava. Silvester the cat wandered slowly behind him, hissing at the three servants.
"You see? Silvester hates failure almost as much as I do. But he hates it even more when one failed him. I thought I could trust you, but I was wrong. You came back to me with no scratching post, a piece of string in stead of a ball of string and a slobbery tennis ball. Silvester is a cat, not a dog! What can a cat do with a slobbery tennis ball? Also, I received no other toys but the two I mentioned. Start explaining, now!"

___
OOC: updated playing list:
1. Matthias720
2. Plugg Firetail
3. Taggerung_of_Redwall

This will be the final mission before I end the game. Also, did you find the Jurassic Park reference in that last bit?