How did you first find out about Redwall?

Started by Matthias720, June 10, 2011, 09:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebantu the Kararehe

Stink.
By the way: my cousins have arrived in the Land of Orcs! They came all the way from England.  :laugh:
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

shisteer of nothing much

If you really want to stay ahead of me, I can slow down a bit, or go back and read The Bellmaker.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

I'm not actually that bothered. After you read The Bellmaker, can I borrow it?
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

shisteer of nothing much

Probably. It depends on when, and how, I read it.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Flib Bigboat

When I was ten and a half, my mom heard about the Redwall series from some of her friends in our homeschooling group, and so she bought Mossflower for me. Before she gave me the book, she asked if I'd read the first one yet. Unfortunately, I had a very distant memory of being sick in bed at the age of five, and reading a book that had the word "Redwall" in the title somewhere. That was all I remembered, so I thought it must have been the first book in the series. (After I'd finished the series, I realised that the book that I thought was the Redwall novel, was actually the Redwall Feast picture book- my bad.)
So my mom gave me Mossflower, and I looked at the cover: there were two mice and a mole on the front, on some sort of journey. I thought it was going to be like Brambly Hedge, and I was thinking "I'm too old for this" but I read it anyway. Boy, was I ever wrong. It was fifty times better than Brambly Hedge. Although there was one thing that bothered me for a while: when Tsarmina asks Fortunata "well did you fix the medicine" and she said "he's taken enough poison to lay half the garrison low" I was all LORD HAVE MERCY, SHE'S GOING TO POISON HER OWN FATHER, and it took me a while to get over that. Luckily Brian was merciful to my ten-year-old brain, which was already trying to process how this whole goodbeasts vs. vermin thing worked, and didn't show the dying scene, because I would have stopped reading it immediately, as I have a phobia of poison.
Aaaanyways, what I was trying to say was that, I wasn't exactly hooked until after I finished the first three books, because I had never read anything with people killing each other, and then being so deadpan about it (most of the time), but I had started to get used to it by the fourth book. Then I went to the library and started reading them all out of order. I now have Redwall, Mossflower, (we used to have Mattimeo, but someone *glares at Hazel* left it outside in the rain, and it sort of peeled apart), Mariel of Redwall, Doomwyte, The Sable Quean, Marlfox, and Martin the Warrior, and I'm working on rereading the whole series.
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

clunylooney

When I was about, I don't know like somewhere between 4 and 6 or something like that, I watched the Redwall tv show. Just the first season but certain things like Martin speaking to Matthias and Matthias vs Asmodeus, as well as the design for Cluny stuck into my brain. Then towards the end of 6th grade (or 5th grade) I read the graphic novel version of the OG Redwall. I enjoyed it and it flooded into my memory again but then ebbed away again with only certain things like the first time we met Cluny stuck in my head. Then, in December of 2019 I went to the library to get a new book. I had spent the last 2 years or so just reading and re-reading Erin Hunter books, so I decided to find another animal fantasy book. I found Redwall.
I read Redwall and loved it, I thought the story was great, the villains were so interesting, the heroes were noble and enjoyable to follow, the battles were exciting and the search for the armor and sword was intriguing. Keep in mind I had never actually read the OG Redwall I just watched the show and read the graphic novel.
But I loved Redwall. And soon I realised that there were a total of 22 books. I began to buy more. I bought Mossflower in either late 2019 or early 2020 and read that. I kept on buying (not in any particular order) books. December 2019 to May 2020 was spent binging the Redwall series, only stopping once to read the new Warriors books that came out in the spring. I own all 22 books, as well as the graphic novel and an accidental second copy of Eulalia!
That is the story of how I found my (probably) favorite series, with only Warriors rivaling it.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Bjork

i found about Redwall when i was in grade 6. it was during a holiday and i had told my mom that i always get bored during the day when she is away at work. so one evening she brought me redwall  and after that day i could never get enough of it.

Flib Bigboat

Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Perifaen

I first remember learning about Redwall through the show my siblings and I watched as kids.
"Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile and finds in your presence that life is worth while. So when you are lonely, remember it's true, somebody somewhere is thinking of you :)" I don't know who wrote this but I really like it.