News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

New Years

Started by Ashleg, December 31, 2016, 04:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war. It is the 41st 2nd millennium, For more than a hundred centuries few hours, the Emperor of Mankind has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the master of mankind by the will of the gods and master of a million worlds by the might of His inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the vast Imperium of Man for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day so that He may never truly die.Yet even in His deathless state, the Emperor continues His eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the Warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in His name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst His soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever-vigilant Inquisition and the Tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat to humanity from aliens, heretics, mutants -- and far, far worse. To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be relearned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Jukka the Sling

And everyone thought 2016 was bad.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Lady Ashenwyte

so it's 2017

exactly the same as last year

yay

Quote from: Groddil on January 01, 2017, 01:45:21 AM
In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war. It is the 41st 2nd millennium, For more than a hundred centuries few hours, the Emperor of Mankind has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the master of mankind by the will of the gods and master of a million worlds by the might of His inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the vast Imperium of Man for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day so that He may never truly die.Yet even in His deathless state, the Emperor continues His eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the Warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in His name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst His soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever-vigilant Inquisition and the Tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat to humanity from aliens, heretics, mutants -- and far, far worse. To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be relearned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

<3

This is perfect.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Rusvul

My girlfriend a good friend of mine is at a wedding dancing. My mom is "at a party playing games." There's people watching fireworks in my town- there's a big display by the bridge, I think. I'm alone and lonely. :(

Hopefully 2017 won't suck though. I think the odds of that are at least decent.

Ah well, sorry to be a downer. Happy New Year!

Russa Nodrey

5 Minutes till 2017!!!

EDIT: Well, it's 2017.
Freddy

Lady Amber

Aimless Gallivanter

im gay!!!!!!

Gonff the Mousethief

Happy 2017!!

"A grand adventure is about to begin..." - Winnie the Pooh
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Eulaliaaa!

Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Ashleg

Kitsune

Happy New Year everyone!

The Skarzs

Yay. Had some cider.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Groddil

Quote from: Lord Ashenwyte on January 01, 2017, 03:37:55 AM
so it's 2017

exactly the same as last year

yay

Quote from: Groddil on January 01, 2017, 01:45:21 AM

<3

This is perfect.

@Lord Ashenwyte: I've got somethin' for you!

Spoiler
[close]

Cornflower MM

Mm. Happy New Year.

You wanna know something great and astonishing and magical about 2017?
Spoiler
It feels exactly like 2016. [sarcasm]What a letdown.[/sarcasm]
[close]