News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

New Years

Started by Ashleg, December 31, 2016, 04:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

I think it's slightly cool that the New Year begins on a Sunday this time around.  New year, new day, new week, new month.

Happy New Year!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Skyblade

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on January 01, 2017, 03:25:20 PM
I think it's slightly cool that the New Year begins on a Sunday this time around.  New year, new day, new week, new month.
True!

Happy New Year, everyone. Many things are out of our control, but let's do our part to make 2017 the best it can be.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Ashleg

Just think of all the memes that will spawn this year.

Memes we don't even know of.

Memes that could be great.

Feles

I'm trying to play game of war...
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Perifaen

Happy late new year everyone. ;D
"Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile and finds in your presence that life is worth while. So when you are lonely, remember it's true, somebody somewhere is thinking of you :)" I don't know who wrote this but I really like it.

Eulaliaaa!

You're a little early ;D
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Ashleg

Eulaliaaa!

For 2018. It's far too late for 2017 ;D
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Verdauga

*Presses 'Revive' button*
The new year is coming 'round,
And I hope this last was fun;
In coming hours the world will sound,
And proclaim, 'It has begun'.
I thank you all for letting me
Speak in couplet rhyme,
And despite what this year has us see,
Let's have a grand old time.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Sebias of Redwall

Holy smokes, did you make that up, Verdie?
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

Yes. I would have preferred a more complicated meter, but I'm not a poet.
Ah, well, no matter.

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Sebias of Redwall

*Points finger guns at Verdie* Eeeeeyyy... That's really good!

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

Sebias of Redwall

Two more days 'til New Years...

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

Two and a half hours, you mean. I'll be asleep by then so I guess I should wish you a happy new year now.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!