News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

New Years

Started by Ashleg, December 31, 2016, 04:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kade Rivok

Stayed up 'till midnight eating pretzels and cheese dip, drank some fake Rosé wine (aka sparkling juice) to ring in the new year, then went and crashed.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Verdauga

Lit some fireworks on the 31st, had the birthday party on the first, and not much else.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Booklover

Birthday party? Do you mean a New Year's party?
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Verdauga

Birthday. My sis was born on January 1st, 2000.

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Jukka the Sling

Some friends invited us to their house for a get-together along with several other families, just like last year.  There were maybe... five or six families this time and a quantity of kids (every family was a homeschool family).  They have a huge, gorgeous house with an indoor pool.  'Twas fun.  I mainly snacked on stuff and skimmed through some books they had.  Then we watched the ball drop and went home.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Booklover

Quote from: Verdauga on January 03, 2020, 02:54:22 PM
Birthday. My sis was born on January 1st, 2000.
Better than 31st December, I suppose. For FIDE anyway (I have found my birthday very useful as people born from September-December, even if they're in the same school year as me, have to play up an age group since FIDE goes by calendar year). But if I get combined Christmas and birthday presents, then somebody born just a week after Christmas, and therefore before me, will as well. Plus it kind of ruins it if everybody else is partying as well.

Verdauga

Yeah...I don't think she has to worry about FIDE age groups...

Booklover

Sebias of Redwall

Did any of ya'll make New Years resolutions?
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Jarky Thistlebrush

No.
Sadly, the fireworks were cancelled where I was for New Years.
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

MathLuk

Nope.

Well, I mean to write more, but that will probably be impossible.
By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE

Grond

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on January 03, 2020, 08:35:13 PM
Did any of ya'll make New Years resolutions?

Yeah to get my life back on track. and yet this year started off on a really bad note at least there's 361 more days to do it....

Verdauga

Welcome back :)
This year will turn out better, even though some things will become worse.

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: MathLuk on January 04, 2020, 09:49:17 AM
Nope.

Well, I mean to write more, but that will probably be impossible.
Wait. Really?
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!