News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Fort Marshank

Started by Skalrag of Marshank, August 01, 2011, 04:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winifred

Quote from: Lutra on August 09, 2011, 04:07:28 AM
What would crazy appear like to you guys then?
ragged hair and fur going crazy, thinking aloud crazy thoughts!Also my little brother thought that badrang was a badger in the show!
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Redwaller

Tramun Clogg and Badrang are pretty cool!

Redwallfan7

Um... I liked the vermin in the t.v show, but not in the book.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Felldoh154

I thought they did a bad job of clogg in the tv show. The book did much better

Lutra

Quote from: Felldoh154 on July 05, 2012, 01:17:59 PM
I thought they did a bad job of clogg in the tv show. The book did much better

The tv show will hardly please everyone out there.  What did you find bad about Clogg?  I didn't think he was half bad in the show; they did follow his character from the book, and the end result was the same.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Felldoh154

1. His voice was kinda strange
2. Can't tell WHAT he is. My lil bro watched it from start to finish and thought badrang was a dog and had no idea what clogg was. Although he was moderately inclined to think clogg was a fat mouse. He may only be 8 but still lol

I do agree that the end was as good, if not better in the movie as it was in the book

Lutra

Quote2. Can't tell WHAT he is. My lil bro watched it from start to finish and thought badrang was a dog and had no idea what clogg was. Although he was moderately inclined to think clogg was a fat mouse. He may only be 8 but still lol

Seems to be a common complaint with the TV series.  Can't complain with that.  Worst example of not knowing the species is Killconey from season 1 but well, weasels and stoats look a lot alike in real life too. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Skyblade

I like Tramun Clogg. He's smart. When I read Martin the Warrior for the first time I kept expecting him to die, like most vermin do, but he didn't.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Felldoh154

Lutra--I still enjoy watching the tv series despite that though, they did a great job overall! I just wish they could have done the rest of the books to!

Skyblade--I loved clogg at the end of the book and movie he was hilarious :) crazy, but hilarious

Redwallfan7

I'm sorry but I thought the t.v show was really well done.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Felldoh154

It was for the most part

Redwallfan7

I liked it because of Keyla. He rocks

Lutra

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on July 18, 2012, 06:25:13 PM

Begs the question....Keyla from the book or Keyla from the series?  When I heard the audiobook, I heard this really deep sailor voice from Keyla indicating, he's probably older than Martin and Felldoh.  When you look at the tv series, they have Noah Reid doing the voice (he also voiced a certain green turtle from Nelvana) and you would think Keyla was the same age as Martin and Felldoh--all young adults.  Gives a different picture of the otter, even if his mannerisms are kept the same.  If you look at the books, you think the wisdom comes with age, but you hear the younger voice of the tv series, Keyla acts as though he's got the wisdom of one with "many more years experience and life" as the cliche goes. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Leatho Shellhound

Yes I thought Keyla was a girl in the TV series.....His name is also a bit girly too.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Lutra on July 19, 2012, 12:13:05 PM
Quote from: Redwallfan7 on July 18, 2012, 06:25:13 PM

Begs the question....Keyla from the book or Keyla from the series?  When I heard the audiobook, I heard this really deep sailor voice from Keyla indicating, he's probably older than Martin and Felldoh.  When you look at the tv series, they have Noah Reid doing the voice (he also voiced a certain green turtle from Nelvana) and you would think Keyla was the same age as Martin and Felldoh--all young adults.  Gives a different picture of the otter, even if his mannerisms are kept the same.  If you look at the books, you think the wisdom comes with age, but you hear the younger voice of the tv series, Keyla acts as though he's got the wisdom of one with "many more years experience and life" as the cliche goes. ;)
From the t.v series. I loved him in the book also. I've never heard the audio book.  I really liked his outfit and voice in The show.