News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Fort Marshank

Started by Skalrag of Marshank, August 01, 2011, 04:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

I know. The only species that you can really tell is rat, and sometimes even not that.
Yeah, Im sure Badrang thought of the rotting. However, the fotress of Riggu Felis in High Rhulain was up for ages, yet, while dry, never rotted. ???
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Log-a-Log

But how do we know that Riggu's fortress was up for that long
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Skalrag of Marshank

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on September 25, 2011, 05:48:50 AM
There is NO distinction between vermin species in the TV show. :(

Well, you can tell which ones are rats; skinny, naked tail and (usually) buck teeth. The other ones have bushy tails. The ferrets USUALLY have the darkish "mask" over their eyes (Bluehide, Halftail), but not all the time (Killconey).
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Coobreedan

Clogg looks like a bear...
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Skalrag of Marshank

"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Lutra

Bears have long tails?  :o ;)  He is hardly a bear, but its hard to justify what he is when others of his kind were designed like Hisk....or Badrang.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Nightfire

I was always annoyed at the indistinction between vermin kinds as well. And they made Clogg look gross.  :P And back on subject, Riggu Felis' fortress was in a drier area than Marshank was, wasn't it?
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Log-a-Log

Well it was right next to a lake, so it wasn't dry. But Marshank still might have been wetter.   
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Dotti

I'm not really sure why Badrang built his fortress out of wood.  However, it's worth mentioning that he was paranoid that Clogg would show up and wanted to have a shelter from him.  Perhaps he figured that a complete wooden fortress would be better than a half-finished stone fortress.  I'd certainly feel safer with a whole fortress--even a wooden one.  As others have mentioned, Badrang was not stupid (he did think of coming in through the tunnel the slaves dug, after all); he had to have some backup plan.  It's also possible that Clogg was his only threat--that he had conquered the coastlands for miles around and didn't have to worry about anybeast trying to overthrow him from the countryside.

As to what happened to Marshank, I believe that the fire destroyed a good part of it (the soldiers became too busy with fighting for their lives to continue fighting the fire), but that part of it was still standing.  (I seem to remember a description of Clogg among the ruins)  Probably it just stayed there until the forces of nature took their toll. Although it IS interesting that Martin didn't pass Marshank's ruin in TLOL since Badrang caught him where he had wandered away from the caves.
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Nightfire

I think Marshank's ruin was probably smashed into nothing by the forces of nature by the time that Martin sailed by in the Honeysuckle. Plus the fact that he had zillions of bad memories of that place, so he would want to avoid the place where Rose was killed.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Dotti

Eh, I personally think there would have been something left.  However, you're right in that Martin would have definately tried to steer clear of it.  I was just wondering if he would have avoided it, since it was right on the coast.  Well, it did say that Badrang wandered for many seasons (during which time Windred died) so it's possible that it actually was farther away than I thought.  *sigh* Oh the imponderable aspects of fiction!  ;D
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Nightfire

Well, maybe Amballa's Pygmy Shrews (cough, cough) I mean HIGHBEASTS, came back and completely destroyed it. Or Clogg destroyed it just to spite the dead Badrang.

Plugg Firetail

How would Clogg be able to destroy it?

Lutra

Quote from: Plugg Firetail on October 08, 2011, 01:09:43 AM
How would Clogg be able to destroy it?

At least if you have seen the tv series, fires were still smoldering so I suppose it is possible to burn all the wooden parts away.  At least in theory..you'd need ideal conditions.  I'm not sure why Clogg would want to burn it.  He kept saying how he'd want Marshank for himself.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Nightfire

He was crazy. Maybe he had a sudden change of mind, or something.