News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Ghosts in Redwall.

Started by Tam and Martin, December 11, 2013, 09:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam and Martin

So the question is, do you think there is a possibility that there are any type of ghosts in the Redwall World? like is there any creature or any spirit type thing? I think there aren't any personally but there could be.

BTW, this topic came about by the topic in History, Legends, and Myths titled Martin the Warriors spirit.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Cornflower MM

I don't really know....There's an RP I'm in, but it's an RP.

Tam and Martin

Yeah so it's made up but do you think there really are ghosts?

Cornflower MM

Ungatt Trunn

Well, we see stuff like Martin's spirit visiting the Redwallers in dreams and visions, so that can probably entertain the idea of ghosts in Redwall.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Jukka the Sling

Plus, dead Badger Lords appear to badgers in visions.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Osu

There's a story an abbeybeast tells to some dibbuns in one of the novels -- I can't seem to recall which -- about a ghost that haunted the abbey until the spirit of Martin kicked it out.

Which book was that...? Salamandastron? The Bellmaker? One of the older books, anyway.

Also, in TRC, there's a character that's frightened because she thinks she's in a place that's haunted, so even if there aren't ghosts per se, there is the superstition.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Ungatt Trunn

@Osu: The book with the Ghost story is in Salamandastron.
On the superstition of ghosts in Redwall: Those "superstitions" had to come from somewhere...

Tam and Martin

Yes. No one would ever say there would be a ghost unless they had a reason to believe one was actually there.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on December 12, 2013, 07:59:36 PM
Yes. No one would ever say there would be a ghost unless they had a reason to believe one was actually there.
Yes...as I said, you see Martin's spirit allot in the Redwall series. This can give allot of credibility to the idea of ghosts in Redwall.