News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Taggerung

Started by Taggerung The Otter, November 07, 2011, 02:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taggerung The Otter

would it not be cool if he had actually taken over Redwall
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Captain Tammo

I agree! I wanted him to stay bad and take over the abbey! Then the next book would be about fighting to take it back and him starting to turn good and a bunch of internal conflict. What'd make it that much better: Russano the Wise and the long patrol trying to take over redwall from the Taggerung!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I don't get where the notion Deyna was ever bad comes from. I don't think he suddenly turns good at his departure from the tribe of Sawney Rath. Every action he did before then was in obedience to the point of not slaying, and a 'vermin-action' is never acted out.
His influences were never particularly good, but he is a hero character in the series, and is not meant to be a force of evil.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Muse

I think it would have been cool if he had been good, but a spoiled bratty savage.
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Skipper

i think that would have spoiled it, after all he may have been brought up by vermin but he had good kind parents and he is an otter, i dont think their are any bad or "grey" otters in the series

Taggerung The Otter

Quote from: Skipper on November 09, 2011, 07:12:13 PM
i think that would have spoiled it, after all he may have been brought up by vermin but he had good kind parents and he is an otter, i dont think their are any bad or "grey" otters in the series

wasn't the Mask gray
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I believe he was in color yes, his fur was gray.
The term 'grey' or 'gray' normally follows a definiton of 'a character who shows both good and evil qualities', or more readily palatable to the series, 'someone who is agaisnt their species' normal alignment. e.g. a mouse that is evil, or a ferret that is good'
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Taggerung The Otter

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on November 09, 2011, 08:51:45 PM
I believe he was in color yes, his fur was gray.
The term 'grey' or 'gray' normally follows a definiton of 'a character who shows both good and evil qualities', or more readily palatable to the series, 'someone who is agaisnt their species' normal alignment. e.g. a mouse that is evil, or a ferret that is good'

I get it

Romsca

I think it is unrealistic for Taggerung to be good even though the book says he was. Although his mother was kind to him, he was kidnapped when he was probably about two weeks old. If Brian Jacques had made him like two or three or something like that it would have made more sense for him to slightly remember his mother like he did.

Tam and Martin

That may be good but I'm not sure.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Redwaller

It was against hia nature to be bad.

Tiria Wildlough

What nature? He was raised by vermin. Who remembers what happened when they were a newborn baby?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwaller

Romsca

If it was in his nature to be good, in his mind "good" would be what Sawney Rath told him since he was kidnapped as a newborn. It would have made more sense if he had just had dreams of Martin telling him to leave the Juska and find Redwall and that's why he would have ran away and the story would still have happened

MatthiasMan

I want Deyna to be EVIL!!

Every
Villein
Is
Lemons!!!

Heheh. For my book report I'm gonna carve his knife out and present it too the class and explain how it connects to the book.