News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The more random than that other thread thread

Started by James Gryphon, October 09, 2017, 04:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on April 18, 2018, 04:32:15 PM
Wine is disgusting. Beer is disgusting. Champagne is unoffensive. Cider is good depending on the brand. Cocktails can be fantastic. I will never drink whiskey. Vodka and Coke is pretty good, but I'd never do a shot of vodka by itself.

So you will never drink whiskey. But will you drink whisky?

(Brownie points if you understand. ;D)

I personally enjoy whisky, I've never had whiskey. I dislike Champagne, and I haven't really had wine.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Maudie

I got stung by a wasp for the first time today. I think it felt threatened by my burpees.

I killed it violently, of course. Smashed it with the end of a dumbbell.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Maudie on April 19, 2018, 04:47:17 PM
I got stung by a wasp for the first time today. I think it felt threatened by my burpees.

I killed it violently, of course. Smashed it with the end of a dumbbell.
Everything about this is funny.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

1911 pistol vs. American steel butterknife.
I now carry at least 5 butterknives and 3 spreaders on me wherever I go.

I'm retired from the forum

Cornflower MM

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

The Skarzs

Quote from: Søren on April 20, 2018, 01:28:30 AM

1911 pistol vs. American steel butterknife.
I now carry at least 5 butterknives and 3 spreaders on me wherever I go.
Yes, that way when someone fires at you, you can split the bullet and have two holes in your body instead of one.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

For some reason there are two Americans working at the library I always bike to (apparently.  Unless they're Canadian).
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

There are two apparent Americans working at the New Zealand library nearest me.  One is a bearded guy who's probably in his thirties, and the other is an older woman who always dresses eccentrically with big hats and colorful clothes.

Pretty sure my auntie said there's a few Americans here and there at a couple other Auckland libraries as well.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Ashleg