News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Mafia: Lie or Die

Started by Rosie Willowwater, March 30, 2018, 03:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Honestly, I would vote for myself if I could. All of the evidence points back to me. I was close enough by Red, supposedly had a "motive" to kill them even though I still hardly doubt that, pointed out why everyone else could be, tried to shove the blame away from me, it all makes sense. I guess I merely worded it all wrong, plus I'm doomed with a very small alibi. The most I can say, to refute one of your points, is that I really do think I am a great choice to pick. Yet, there is the problem; I'm simply not. Really, you just gotta take my word on it. Say I'm not trying to make myself look less likely here, and that my picking out of everyone truly came from a deep inner passion to see us all succeed? Perhaps even, the reason for it, was because I was a primary target, just as I said near the end of my original post. I don't really see much more i can say to defend myself here. If you all vote me, it will be a horrible, tragic loss, I am telling you. Though, I do have my suspicions. You, Yellow, were awfully quick to point out I was a target, maybe trying to shift all the spotlight away from you, to get the ball rolling in the opposite direction. Though, then again, you may have just been trying to deduce what you could from the story. Then again, I do find that you didn't really defend yourself either, instead choosing to force more blame upon me and others. Still, besides you, I feel my vote will go to either Orange or Purple, simply because of what I stated earlier. 

Anonymous

You are right, I didn't not defend myself, but you were the only person even a little suspicious of me so I didn't not find the need. I am just trying to figure this out before more people get killed. In the beginning I would have had to blame someone and I would have never blamed myself. You say it will be a tragic loss, but we have already lost our one doctor, so it will either be a townie, and I agree innocent life is terrible to lose, but you could be a mafia pulling at all the last possible straws in an attempt to save your self since you see that many people are blaming you. -Yellow

Anonymous

First off if I was a mafia I would not want to go first no matter how skillful I was it would be easier to stay back and kill those who go before me. It seems strange though that I am shown as fearful maybe even reckless and I wouldn't blame anybody for voting against me. Blue seems to be a very likely suspect if I were a mafia I would be trying to figure out who is fearful and therefore more prone to not react as well to a threat. Blue is also quite jumpy and annoyed when green surprises her/him. Blue is the first person to react to the deaths also interesting.Green is not very suspicious in my opinion but is keeping a fairly low profile and green is shown listening in on a conversation possibly to assist blue if things go wrong. Purple like me is one of the first to go and I don't see how she/he could have killed red but purple could have been keeping a low profile while her/his partner was finishing off red. Last thing  I want to say that yellow seems happy to let Indigo go on her own and then seems to be paying attention to her more than to green, also yellow recovers soon after the deaths and doesn't act very panicked unlike blue. Let it also be noted that yellow is quick to defend herself/himself and doesn't offer any  reason why it could have been them. I vote forbluebecause of the reasons previously stated.

Anonymous

Well, I guess I can't say all too much at this point except it's all downhill from here unless a miracle happens. If y'all want the best chances of winning, I say change your votes from me, but, I mean, that won't be happening. You'll see soon enough that this whole time I've been in both the clear and the right. Though, I guess I do have to vote, so I'll go ahead and vote for Orange unless they can prove otherwise. If so, I'll vote Yellow. Good knowing you all!

Anonymous

I really don't know what to make of Blue's posts.  Perhaps they really ARE innocent and hope to convince us to let them live.  Or maybe they are Mafia who, realizing that pointing out clues and such isn't getting anywhere, have resorted to an emotional appeal.  I'm kinda leaning towards the second option, based on similar situations I encountered in previous Mafia games.

I might end up regretting this, but my vote goes to Blue.

~Purple

Rosie Willowwater

Okay, the deadline was yesterday so I'll start working on the story with the votes supplied.

Anonymous

Thanks I enjoy your story so far!

Anonymous

Ditto! Any updates on progress so far? (no rush)

Rosie Willowwater

Thanks guys! I'm actually starting school tomorrow so it will take a good while to get this done, but I will try my best to get it to you (I will work on it today so you might actually see it today)

Anonymous

No rush, good luck with school.

Rosie Willowwater

The horrible reality of what just happened started to sink in and they all glanced at each other in terror.

"Did anyone see how they fell?" Blue remarked slightly shakily, furrowing their brow.

"Of course we did Blue, everyone saw them fall. We all have eyes." Purple snapped.

"No, I mean that they had perfect balance before they fell, and Indigo didn't move in any way to offset that balance. They must have been pushed. Their death wasn't an accident."

"You were paying an awful lot of attention to what Red was doing if you were able to make that deduction, Blue. How do we know that you weren't the one who supposedly pushed them over?" Yellow was not usually one to accuse someone of murder, but we all have slight personality changes when we are pushed into a deadly maze.

"Why would I even point it out, then? That would just be drawing attention to myself." Blue's heart started to race. This is not how they wanted this to go.

"Maybe you are more steps ahead of us than you want us to think. You seem to be pretty suspicious, taking us away from the group, and now accusing someone else of murder."

"Hey, how do we know you're not some sort of serial killer? The ad wasn't exactly meant to keep us safe, all it asked for was our name." Green interjected, thinking back on what felt like years ago when they first were sitting on their bed on their computer. Back to when life was simple. "Take off your mask."

"What?" Blue took a step back from the group, their heart beating even faster now.

"If you have nothing to hide, you should be fine with taking it off, right?" Green followed Blue, and took a couple steps forward.

"Hey, I don't have to listen to you, Green. I don't have to take my mask off to "prove" I'm not some sort of murderer, because I know I'm not."

Before Blue could turn around to run away, Purple dove forward and grabbed their mask and pulled it off in one swift motion, breaking the band holding the mask in place. The mask buzzed with electricity, and the other four watched in horror as Blueflopped over the side of the pit, joining Red and Indigo.

Purple screeched and threw the mask as far away as possible, but in doing so, ripped off a flimsy sticker on the inside of the mask. They watched it flutter to the ground and stared at it for a second while the other three were freaking out.

"What is happening here? You could have just killed an innocent person! " Yellow stomped towards Purple frowning until they noticed what they had in their hand. Recognizing it from their own mask, they grabbed it and scanned the list of words and numbers until they got to the part they wanted to find.

"Test Subject 7-15-14-6-6
Blue
Test #7
Passive"

"See? They were innocent! Now I don't know if I can trust you, either!" Yellow aggressively took a step closer towards Purple, and would have continued until they realized how close to the edge both of them were and backed off.

"Hey, it was just an accident Yellow. They were doing it out of self defense, and I'm sure by the way you were accusing Blue, you would have done the same thing. Let's just all calm down and forgive. This is already a really scary situation, we don't need another innocent death on our hands. I'm going to keep walking and get out of here and anyone who wants to survive can join me."

Orange spun around and marched off. The other two eyed each other and reluctantly followed, with Green in tow, still in shock after all that had happened.

They rounded many corners and came to a couple dead ends at times, but generally their trek was peaceful, minus the constant fear of each other they all experienced. They were all too scared to speak, lest anything they said was taken the wrong way and they would be added to the pile at the bottom of the pit.  After about an hour of walking in silence, they found a room, not unlike the one they first entered with the elevators. The only difference was the beds lining the the walls to the left and right of them, and the large table in the middle piled with all the food you could ever want.

"Should we eat that? It might be poisoned or something." Green said as they took the first opportunity they could to lie on a real bed for the first time in what felt like weeks.

"I don't know about you guys, but I don't think I can survive very much longer without food. So it's either starve or get poisoned, and I think it's better to take the safer option." Yellow said while picking up a plate and filling it with all the taco salad they could.

"Alright, that logic is good enough for me." Orange ran to the other side of the table and started taking some slices of salmon.

Purple and Green followed along and took some salad and stuffed peppers respectively.

After they each finished their meals they  decided to head to bed as soon as possible and  quickly dove under the covers, feeling the protection of the thin flimsy cloth.

"You guys stay safe, alright? You never know what could be a trap"'

---------

Day 2?

Blue Townie (Dead)

Two Mafia alive, One Doctor dead.

Mafia please PM me with who you want to kill.

Also, how do you guys feel about giving the townies a fighting chance and letting the person who was killed last get to vote and debate too next round?

Anonymous

Oooh, nice update. I just wish we were farther into getting out alive, seeing as there are still two mafia and only two townies left. Seeing as it is impossible for the townies to win now, no matter what, I think we have to let some ghosts come back to help. The ghosts would have no advantage of knowledge, we just need more votes so the mafia don't gang up on the townies and kill them all off in one fell swoop. - Yellow

Anonymous

Hmm...turns out Blue really was innocent...

This is pretty bad, since half the survivors are Mafia, and one of them will die tonight.  Allowing at least some ghosts to vote would be the Town's only chance.  But then, assuming that we vote out a Mafia tomorrow, we would be down to two players, one Mafia and one innocent.  Wouldn't the last Mafia then kill the last innocent?  I'm a bit confused...
~Purple

Anonymous

Great story although I would probably not eat the food.

Anonymous

*Pokes topic carefully*

I would love it if the most recently killed could vote and discuss with us that remain alive, it'll give us a much-needed help.
~Green