We're looking for a Redwall Champion!

Started by Captain Tammo, April 20, 2019, 10:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in taking part in other cross-site collaborative events in the future?

Yes please
11 (84.6%)
No thanks
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Captain Tammo

Hey everybody!

A person by the name of ThingyMan reached out to our forum with a proposition about an enormous online tournament of Mafia and asked if there might be anybody in the community who is interested. The staff team and I want to be supportive of these greater online events where we can have representatives of our community involved, and so we've made the choice to open the decision to the public. That is, we're looking for the first Champion of the Redwall Community!

Here's part of the message that was sent along:

I'm hosting a very big Mafia Championship tournament, featuring 187 different communities, and would like to extend an invitation to your community.

The Mafia Championship is a super fun event that's been running since 2013. Over the years, 270+ communities, 50+ nationalities and 600+ representatives have participated. More importantly, it has created strong bonds between communities, resulted in countless friendships, and it has even led to people getting married, believe it or not :)

The concept, to explain it very briefly, is that each community elects one person to go represent them in the Championship. I'd be stoked to see you guys represented, so if this invitation intrigues you, feel very free to share it with your community. Perhaps you'd be interested in playing yourself? :)

If you have any questions, just let me know.

You can look at the formal invitation in a Google Doc here and decide if you'd like to be considered as Champion. There's not much time to decide - we'd need to pick someone by this Friday, 4/26! Reach out to myself and the staff team (CC ThingyMan as well, please), if you have any questions about the tournament itself.

We're going with a democratic-style of election here via a suggestions and concerns page I've set up. Just tell us who you'd like to vote for via comments, with maybe a word or two as to why. Once the deadline gets close, Dan, Jukka or myself will send ThingyMan the final results of the community selection (we'll probably pick a backup as well).

This will be exciting, and may open the door for other cross-site collaborations in the future!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior