News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Most Hares in the Long Patrol

Started by Keva Strongbow, April 27, 2019, 02:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keva Strongbow

Haha! Yeah that's okay ;) I'll still probably be clueless to most of the book :laugh:
"The world is changed by your example, not your opinion of it."

Steelinghades

The most Hares are from Long Patrol/Taggarung, where they're both around one thousand.

Jack the Quick

In the Long Patrol There were around 1, 500. Cregga took one thousand with her and left the rest to defend the coast.
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Jack the Quick on July 17, 2019, 04:25:47 PM
In the Long Patrol There were around 1, 500. Cregga took one thousand with her and left the rest to defend the coast.
Hmm... I was pretty sure she only brought 500... I could be wrong though.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Jack the Quick

I was basing that part off of what others said. I knew that she left 500 behind, and others were saying that she brought 1000 with her.

Long live the RRR!!

Steelinghades

Quote from: Jack the Quick on July 17, 2019, 04:52:05 PM
I was basing that part off of what others said. I knew that she left 500 behind, and others were saying that she brought 1000 with her.

No, she only brought five hundred and a lot of them were new recruits.

Jack the Quick

Long live the RRR!!

Kolman

I think it was kind of like there was a small standing guard on constant Duty and then the different villages of Hares would send more when needed like in times of war
For those we cherish we die in glory.

Keva Strongbow

"The world is changed by your example, not your opinion of it."

Kolman

what I remember was that it wasn't directly put out but it seemed that when there was a more aggressive vermin onslaught for longer periods of time there were more hares and when there had been peace there were fewer ones in one of the books a young hare joins the long patrol and his father had been a member previously so that's what leads me to that conclusion because the hare lived in a village full of other hares
For those we cherish we die in glory.

Jack the Quick

That was a fort. Tammo's father left the Long Patrol and founded a fort full of hares. Kind of like an outpost.

Long live the RRR!!

Cornflower MM

^ Camp Tussock. If I recall correctly, it wasn't just hares - Squirrels and otters and mice, as well. A tiny little community.

The Skarzs

I think the kitchen maid was a mole.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Steelinghades

Quote from: Cornflower MM on July 27, 2019, 01:04:02 AM
^ Camp Tussock. If I recall correctly, it wasn't just hares - Squirrels and otters and mice, as well. A tiny little community.

It definitely wasn't Hares, other then Tammo's family I don't recall any other hares in Tussock.

Sebias of Redwall

I'm guessing Camp Tussock was more of like a retiring outpost for Tammo's father.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!