News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Tammo's fanfiction competition III submission

Started by One-Eye the wildcat, October 16, 2019, 12:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

One-Eye the wildcat

This breaks canon so much, but it is possibly one of my favorite pieces o of writing I have ev

Spoiler
Death sound

The weird epidemic had started in the winter when Skipper had brought an otter to Redwall abbey. The otter was covered in scars, and it took him until spring for his body to recover. His mind, however, never recovered. The otter didn't talk, but they didn't need to. He was kind enough and helped out when needed.

Spring was also when they started recovering the bodies. Each victim had a three-inch hole in their stomach, perfectly round. And somehow, they always managed to stay alive until somebody found them. When found, they would always say two words.

"Tap tap." That was all, and then a dying wheeze.

After Abbes Germaine was killed, the Warrior of Redwall, Martin. decided to put guards on each dormitory room.

But by the time morning came along, the inhabitant was dead, no sound had been made, and a message was written in blood on the wall.

"Tap tap"

Eventually, the scarred otter was caught killing a victim, after the mute psychopath had killed two of Skipper's crew that had been sent to apprehend him, and maimed Martin, he was finally caught, and killed himself while mouthing his last words amid fits of silent laughter:

"Tap tap"

On that day, Redwall abbey rejoiced: the killer had been caught and made to pay for the souls he had taken. But something didn't feel right. Perhaps it was that the abbey was celebrating a death, or it was that maybe the mute otter lived on,  in the memories of the traumatized souls who had seen his carnage.

A full season later, on the anniversary of the beast which had killed fifty abbey beast's death, Martin, who had been promoted to Abbot after the death of Abbess Germaine, had killed himself while saying grace. On the day of the funeral, they found that he had a three-inch hole in his stomach, and two words written on his coffin:

"Tap tap"

And that was it. The abbeydwellers had had enough of the constant terror, the horrible memories, and that Vulpez-damned tapping. Mother Bella and the rest of the abbey leaders had elected to move, and leave the cursed abbey behind.

So the former abbeybeasts left Redwall and built a village somewhere in the Southlands. And that is how we got to the Southlands. Everybody loves it here, and the elderly ones who have seen far more than my young eyes have, say it's the most peaceful place in the worl___

Tap tap...

This book was found in the desert, along with over a hundred skeletons and other grisly body parts that don't need to be listed here.

We are not sure what happened to the original inhabitants of this abbey, but we figured it may have had something to do with the scarred otter.

Regardless of its history, Redwall abbey, and Mossflower country is an amazing place, and feel free to stop by whenever you are in the area.

-Brother Lewis, Recorder of Redwall Abbey in Mossflower country
[close]
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

The Grey Coincidence

Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

One-Eye the wildcat

"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

One-Eye the wildcat

Long live the RRR!!

Sebias of Redwall

Great job, One-Eye! Like Captain Tammo said, it's spooky and intense.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!