OOC:The Legend of the Labyrinth

Started by Verdauga, November 14, 2019, 07:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verdauga

@Sebias of Redwall @Booklover @shisteer of nothing much @Kade Rivok
Signup is closed.

Ara woke up in a cozy little room, sparsely furnished, but not uncomfortable. He paused to let his mind catch up. That squirrel! Him! Ara remembered the concoction he had prepared for them. "This will take you to the labyrinth. But would you really drink? None have escaped who have entered. Nyeheheh! Drink, if you will, but know it is for your doom!".......Then, further back in his mind, he remembered the old mouse, living in his own little cave....Absoballylutely mad, he was, but he was where this all converged. "Yes, the labyrinth. I know about it." he rasped. "No one else does, do they? You woudn't ha' come here otherwise. So what do you want? The map? Of course you do. And how much will you give for it?".......The weasel he had held at knife-point...." Wot?!? The ole mouse by the river? 'e's mad as a hatter! Why do you wanna know where he lives?"......and finally, the bones. The skeleton, seated, in that ruined outpost. Fallen brick surrounded the chair in that stucture, as it was bound to collapse at any moment. And yet, lying on the floor underneath the skeleton's paw, was the parchments. With all the other spoils it came as no surprise Ara was the only one that noticed. And yet, it was all he could notice. Whoever the beast was, he was waiting. Waiting to die. Waiting to tell about the labyrinth. Waiting to surrender the last documents acknowledging its existence. Back in the present, Ara shifted his gaze to one side of the room. A door, presumably leading out. glancing the other way reavealed another door, nearer. When he tried it however, it would not open. "Deeper into the labyrinth, then" He walked to the other door, which opened effortlessly, and strode out.

Aaaand that how it's gonna start people! you can either start in the same room as Chycer, or you can pop in later on.
My character: Indiana JonesAra Chycer
-Ara Chycer, Philosopher

-mid-thirties

-male

-hare

-wears a clean, well-knit vest that has been patched several times, and dark grey trousers, also patched.Cream furred. Slightly shorter than most hares.

-carries a sling and a short sword.

-subtly assertive. Ara will be the leader of the group or he will not be in that group. That said, he attempts to avoid seeming domineering, and veils his ambition underneath humor.

-Ara never really was part of a structured group. The one band he inhabited had, in his opinion, intolerably slack attitudes. He took it upon himself to lead and has led everything he has been a part of ever since. He had wandered Mossflower for a short time building a unit of woodlanders, and even vermin, for him to rule. That is, until he divined that he was meant to solve Mossflower's greatest secrets. Since then, he's traveled into some of Mossflower's least-ventured, and most dangerous, places...

EDIT:All right. My original intention was the characters being part of a group Ara hired, as it gives a little more coherence to why they're all there. It doesn't have to be that way, but that's what I had in mind. If you guys don't want it to be that way, say so (but you might have to put a reason for being in the labyrinth.) Now I'm gonna get off 'cause the internet is sssllllooowww.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Kade Rivok

WOO

I'll get a char put together once you've got more of the plot put up.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Sebias of Redwall

WOOHOOO! Here's my submission!

Name: Brink Ironspikes

Species: Hedgehog.

Weapons: He carries a long dirk and a thick mace.

Appearance: A large hedgehog, broad of shoulder.

Personality: An irrepressible rogue. He tends to laugh at his own jokes (He believes that he's hilarious), and can be greedy at times.

History: He had been a warrior who wandered the lands, seeking for adventure, riches, and a chance to make a name for himself. Once he caught word that a hare named Ara Chycer was hiring beasts to help him something beyond their wildest dreams in a labyrinth, his interest was piqued...

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

So far, accepted.

I'm gonna draw up some concept art. Bye.

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

shisteer of nothing much

Might as well join in. Here's my character:

Spoiler
Name: Waiata Kaitito.

Species: Pekapeka. (bat, in this case, long tailed)

Appearance: Brown, almost black fur and dark brown eyes. Fairly big for her species and well-muscled.

Personality: Very cheerful and bubbly, always willing to help another creature in need. It is rare that she doesn't have a smile and her glare, when it is used, can be very intimidating. (if the recipient of said glare can see it, that is) Also likes to sing. (hence the name)

History: Spent all her life in the labyrinth and still hasn't managed to get to the end of it, though she firmly believes that she could find a way out if she didn't have to come home every night.

Weapons: She can be very effective with her teeth and claws and can also stun a beast using a clever trick her father taught her. Also has a small dagger that she found while exploring.
[close]
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

Name: Dantinare (Goes by Dantin).

Species: Mouse

Appearance:  Dantin is on the smaller side, thinly built, with a body that, while not strong, is quite used to more cardio-based endeavors.  He has varying shades of brown to dark brown fur that blends in easily with most environments.  He wears a dusty old tunic and cloak, and sports a few leather straps across his torso that don't seem to have an apparent purpose.

Personality:  Extremely shy and wary of people in general, whether they be goodbeast or vermin.  He isn't much of a talker himself, but he does tend to enjoy listening to others talk, though this isn't something that often occurs.  In his down time, he likes to write little songs and sing to himself.  He's never sung in front of anybeast though, and just the thought of doing so makes him want to run and hide.  His songs are usually about the beauty of life and the world, as these are the things he enjoys most.  He hopes to one day have enough courage to be able to make a friend.

History: He's wandered alone for as long as he can remember.  Always skirting the edges of civilization and avoiding anybeast he meets, afraid to get too close.  He doesn't know where this inner fear stems from, but he assumes something happened when he was younger which he can't remember that has caused this.  Through the years though, he's come to realize that he's quite good at hiding, climbing, and other more dexterous endeavors.  One evening as he prepared to sleep, he thought he heard something in the forest, but couldn't find anything.  As he slept that night, multiple times he partially woke before drifting back off, thinking he was hearing somebeast chattering to themselves nearby.  Suddenly, he bolted upright spluttering, coughing up a bitter concoction upon the floor and gasping for air.  As he gratefully sucked air into his lungs, he realized something was amiss.  He was no longer in a forest, but an unfamiliar room.  He was now in... THE LABYRINTH!

Fighting:  He isn't much of a scrapper, but he's very good at dodging attacks and seems to have an unnatural amount of luck.  He tends to try and keep his distance and uses a surprisingly large collection of throwing knives that he's acquired piecemeal over the years to great effect.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

Name (I'm no good at thinking up names, when I get one, I'll add it)

Species: shrew

Weapons: can use a rapier, and has one, but prefers using a bow. If needed, she will use any weapon, but is best at shooting, and very accurate. Not very good at hand to hand fighting.

Personality: intelligent, and thinks she's always right. Very sarcastic at times, but to her really good friends, is quite friendly. Likes a good debate.

History: scared of the water, so left the tribe she was in. Since then, she's been a lone wanderer, never staying anywhere for more than half a season, maybe one season if it was a bad winter and too dangerous to wander alone.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Verdauga

So far, both accepted. I'm modifying my first post, to help set up the RP some more.

Kade Rivok

Mmmm, my char isn't really one that would join a group or be hired.  What other ways can one end up in the Labyrinth?
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Verdauga

Neither is Shisteer's... If you guys can put in any interactions with the squirrel that led to you guys being put in the labyrinth, that might work.

Kade Rivok

Well, for Teer, it sounds like her char was born and raised there (which sort of makes sense with her being a bat and all).  Plus, that could be explained by her parents getting stuck in the Labyrinth, I guess?  We don't really know enough about it to discern what makes sense and what doesn't  ;D

I'm pretty sure my char likely wouldn't willingly enter the Labyrinth without a very good reason (I don't actually know what you get out of "completing" the Labyrinth, now that I think about it).  Is there any reasons he could be forcibly drawn there?  (You can PM me as well, if you don't want to give too much away.)

Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

shisteer of nothing much

Yeah, Waiata was born and grew up in the labyrinth.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

All right! So far everyone's accepted. Give me a couple days to set up the topic.

shisteer of nothing much

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

The Skarzs

Nevermind.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.