From one goodbeast to the next, I challenge you. (Roleplay duel. Teer vs Seb)

Started by shisteer of nothing much, August 06, 2020, 10:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The duel is about to begin! It is up to the spectators to decide who wins. (No need to rush your vote. Some reasoning as to why you think a certain character should win would be helpful)

Benlan Axeblood! (Enthusiasm optional)
1 (50%)
Nitsyok Sagnarb! (Exclamation mark included)
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Sebias of Redwall

A second was all the time Benlan needed. Closing the small distance between them, dagger in paw again, the Axeblood sent it into the other beast's shoulder.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

Never turn your back on your oppo-

Nitsyok didn't have time to remember the rest of his father's instruction as pain exploded in his shoulder. His paw released the sling he held and it fell to the sand. The otter's movement continued, unordered, and he faced the Axeblood once more as his body began to react to the pain.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Sebias of Redwall

Benlan didn't wait for his opponent to somehow take advantage of the situation again. His fist flew into the other beast's jaw with a resounding crack. His knuckles wouldn't thank him for it, but the action had the desired effect.

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

Nitsyok told himself to keep going. He was beginning to get his body to function again over the pain. His eyes focused, just in time to see Benlan's fist come straight at him. There wasn't time to react as his world went black.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Sebias of Redwall

The crowd was silent for a few long seconds, many surprised by the proceedings. Then it erupted in applause, cheering and calling the winning otter's name, some suggesting he finish the loser off, others calling for a speech or offering to take the beast out for dinner.

Benlan grinned at the praise, panting as he held his paws high. He paid special attention to the congratulations of his family, storing each comment in his heart, treasuring every word of it.

Tod yelled loudest of all, his mother smiled at him, his uncle said he'd restored honor to their tribe, calling again for a speech. With a smile, his back to his vanquished enemy, the otter began.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

The Sagnarbian warrior was only out for a second. He gritted his teeth, eyes squeezed shut as he refused to cry out in pain. The crowd began cheering, calling to his opponent and congratulating him on his win. Benlan had won. He'd failed. The pain seemed all the worse when coupled with humiliation.

But wait... Was he beaten? There had been no shaking of paws, that he could remember, and he was still alive. Could he still do anything or was he too wounded to really move?

He wasn't. He would continue. Reviewing the space, he considered what he could do. There wasn't a chance he could beat the other beast tooth and claw. Was there anything he could use to take a decisive victory in one, quick move?

The spear. He'd dropped it in the sand and they hadn't moved much from there. If memory served him well, it should be within paw's reach, slightly to the left, which also worked well, since he could use that paw and not his injured one.

Reaching up, the otter felt around for the spear. Finding and grasping the shaft, he cracked his eyes open and located his target, then brought the handle swiftly up, pivoting and gaining as much momentum as it could before making contact with Benlan's skull.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Sebias of Redwall

"And now you have all witnessed the fact! My family's honor is restor-"

An impact at the back of his head. A very hard impact, in fact. He gave a grunt and fell, vision going black. He could hear the crowd's cheering fade into confused babbling, then Benlan heard nothing as he slipped out of the world of consciousness.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

Nitsyok scrambled upright, checking to make sure Benlan was properly down, then shaking the unresisting paw as Eustace hurried over, calling out excitedly to the crowd, telling them what they already knew.

"He was down, but not fully! He has come back to claim the victory! Benlan is unable to fight further and the contestants have shaken paws. Nitsyok Sagnarb is the winner!!!"

Cheers, some louder and some quieter came back in reply. A few beasts still showed signs of open confusion. The Axeblood clan were split between worry and fury. The Sagnarbians, despite the poor referee's instructions to stay calm and out of the arena, all surged forward to congratulate Nitsyok and help him with his injuries. Tod moved to assist his brother, but his mother stopped him with a cool look and continued watching as two of the arena staff came in and bore the downed beast away on a stretcher.

Nitsyok refused to lie on the stretcher that came out for him, but was persuaded to go have his injuries tended to and was led away by his sister, who continued babbling about his glorious victory. The young warrior couldn't wipe the smile from his face, until, in the infirmary, a busy squirrel began tending to his shoulder and he almost fainted from the pain.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Sebias of Redwall

Groaning, Benlan peaked out from behind squinted eyelids. His head throbbed like somebeast dropped a boulder on it.

"You're awake."

Turning over to where the voice came from, Benlan took a few moments to register the emotionless face of Chieftess Shard.

"Mother? Ah." Benlan put a paw to his forehead, looking around. "What happened?" He clenched the blankets. "No, wait... No..."

"You lost." Shard poured herself a glass of wine. "You failed."

"No, no, I couldn't have... I was winning!"

"But you didn't win." Shard took a sip. "I'm taking the clan back home."

"Ugh, I'm going to train more the moment we get back."

"Actually, you won't." The otter straightened up, looming over Benlan. "You've disgraced the honor of the Axebloods one time too many. I cannot let this go unpunished. Starting today, you're banished."

Benlan recoiled as if struck. "I-I..." He closed his eyes, taking in a deep breath. "Will I ever be allowed to return?"

Shard slowly set down her cup. "At the end of each summer, if you have proven yourself worthy, you may be allowed back. Until then, Tod will be my heir."

"Where is Tod?"

"He left. No doubt he's as ashamed as the rest of us."

As Shard headed to the door, Benlan reached out with a paw.

"Wait! Can I not say goodbye?"

Shard hesitated, drumming her fingers on the wooden handle. "Farewell. We'll see you next summer."

With that, the door closed.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

OOC:

This has been incredibly fun. Sorry for the sudden dumping of posts, rather than a gradual build-up. We started writing it on Google Docs, for various reasons, so then we agreed to just come on and post them all up later. Voting will stay open for a while yet, as beasts hopefully read and enjoy. Now, though, you will need to consider the writing quality, rather than the character that deserves to win, since Benlan has already lost. *evil laughter*

Aaaanyway, this duel is finally finished. Thank you to Seb, for doing it with me, and everybeast else for reading and enjoying it. *bows and leaves the stage*

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!