News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Wildflower Inn OOC Discussion/Sign-Up

Started by Mara the Wolf, October 31, 2020, 01:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quest: Go After a Slaver Band, Which Turns Into a Fight Against Searats

Yes
8 (88.9%)
No
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: December 14, 2020, 05:09:11 PM

Mara the Wolf

It's on the (left) side of a dirt road, with a forest about...30 ft. behind it.

@The Grey Coincidence
Quote"And I think you'll find yourself not richly dressed enough to refer to anybeast as a scamp."
What does Harlapple thinks scamp means? Because scamp means, "a person, especially a child, who is mischievous in a likable or amusing way."
Fursonas:
Riley: Mountain lion, Sonic the Hedgehog
Amara: African wild dog, The Lion King/The Lion Guard
Masika: Eurasian river otter, Redwall
Mara: Wolf, general

Mara the Wolf

Sorry Dannflower. Didn't mean to double post again.
Fursonas:

The Grey Coincidence

A wicked or worthless person. Like a beggar. A quick google search shows me that is the West Indian definition as opposed to the common one though. It's what I usually think scamp means. I'll change the line anyways so that the scene flows better.
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Mara the Wolf

Fursonas:

shisteer of nothing much

Ugh, life happened. Sorry. I'll get a post up after tap this evening.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

Goood, goooood!

So is the first quest really gonna be drag Harlapple home?

Mara the Wolf

Nah. My characters just think he's a small child. Either something will come up, or Harlapple'll prove he's 13+.
Fursonas:

The Grey Coincidence

Alright. Well I added a bit to my last post to keep the conversation going while we wait on Teer. Kind of still like the idea of them babying him though seeing as he can't pull a birth certificate out of his cloak :P

Crafter Man

Name: Trihl is his name, but all his crew mates called him Roughtail, based on the sorry state of his tail which was shredded by the barbed tail of another rat a long time ago.  While the tail healed over time, the scares (both physical and mental) never fully disappeared.

Species: Rat

Personality:  Fidgety and uncertain when in the presence of superior officers.  Personality can swing between being upbeat and jolly or snide and sarcastic when around his friends and messmates or junior officers who he is comfortable around.  Frightens easily and looks to his superior officers for orders on what to do.  Not extremely brave or good at fighting, but can hold his own in battle.  Thinks of woodlanders as extremely good fighters and is weary of them, seeks reassurance and strength in numbers with other vermin.  His sea-rat life style has desensitized him to violence and when he is in uncertain situations he is quick to resort to violence.  He is very good at hiding his fears, he had to be to survive aboard the Bloodyscab.  He has some limited knowledge and experience with wood working and was often tasked with helping to repair his captain's vessel after it'd been damaged.  Growing up as a sea-rat has left him with a variety of skills, not least of which his ability to hold alc. 

Appearance:  A stout, average sized rat with dark brown fur.  He normally wears a dull red coat over his grey tunic.  He's often found with a bottle of seaweed grog or October Ale if he can get his hands on any.  His tail is cut and scared all over from a past conflict.  He always has his scimitar strapped to his side, however he prefers to use a ranged weapon such as a crossbow whenever possible. 

Weapons: A scimitar held to his side by a sheath and a crossbow which he hangs from his shoulder on a shoulder strap.

History: He was conscripted as a sea-rat into the crew of Captain Toothsbane when he was but a kit, it was that or his life.  Until recently he had been aboard the Bloodyscab and was sailing to land to hopefully reap plunder and glory, but during a nasty storm he had been thrown overboard from the rigging.  He barely made it to shore with his life.

Mara the Wolf

Fursonas:

The Grey Coincidence

Ebantu the Kararehe

Ta-da.
Spoiler
Name: Fern
Species: wildcat
Appearance: Fern is not quite fully grown and would be fairly small for a wildcat even if she were. Her long tail is white-tipped and has dark brown rings along it. The white fur on her throat extends up over her chin. The rest of her fur is grey-brown with dark markings and her white whiskers are long and stiff. She has green eyes, a pink nose and wears a green tunic under a grey-green cloak. A plain-hilted dagger is worn on a woven leather belt, in front of her sabre sheath.
Personality: Fern is generally impatient and taciturn, except around those she knows and likes well. She enjoys playing with young ones, unless they are particularly whiny or disobedient. She is an introvert and is perpetually confused by her companion's constant need for social interaction. Slightly paradoxically, her Primary Love Language is Quality Time.
History: N/A
Weapons: longbow, sabre, and dagger.
Fern ref. Pic.

Name: Mayla Birch
Species: wildcat
Appearance: Mayla is fairly tall; slim but broad-shouldered. Her ringed tail is long and expressive. She has large, highly movable ears. In winter her fur is snowy white with pale brown markings and very fluffy. Her summer coat, however, is darker and sleek. Her eyes are odd colours; the left one being a startling blue, the other dark brown. When her fur is white she wears a pair of small silver earrings. She swaps these for an identical pair of gold ones when her fur is brown. She always wears a mauve tunic and dark green cloak.
Personality: Very optimistic, bubbly and bouncey. She is a complete extrovert and enjoys talking. She is very high-energy but needs a decent night's sleep. Her Primary Love Language is Words of Affirmation.
History: Mostly not applicable. She has known Fern for about a season, and they have been wandering the countryside together.
Weapons: a quarterstaff that has had both ends sharpened and hardened in a fire and a dagger.
[close]
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Jarky Thistlebrush

Spoiler

Name: Isaac Farran Larkington the Fourth
Species: Fox
Appearance: Small black-and-grey dappled fox with perfectly groomed fur and perfume all over his poofy tail (which he prides himself on). Both ears are white along with his belly fur, a patch around his left eye and his paws. He has hazel eyes. He usually wears a red velvet jacket with a plain white shirt underneath, along with a fancy purple cloak, a violet sash and those puffy red pants. (You know?) He is also extremely short.
Personality: A posh dandy. He considers himself very civilized. He's a bit of a coward, although he doesn't like to show it, and is quite intelligent with a good mind for strategy. He has a sort of terror of young ones. He is also a gossip and can sometimes be slightly evil.
History: Isaac was a minor noble far, far south until he was around twenty, when his family was overthrown. He has a bit of a sore spot/ disdain for some species because of this. A little later, he and his family were living in a cave. They had a major argument and Isaac ran away north to prove himself.
Weapons: An elegant longsword tucked into his sash and an assortment of small daggers concealed in his sleeves.
Accessories: Round glasses, a black cane and a black top hat.
[close]
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

WorshipTiria

I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE

Ebantu the Kararehe

Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.