News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Official Role Play Contest

Started by BrookSkimmer, March 02, 2012, 09:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skipper

*use this post for judging*
Kodlak looked around curiously at the foxes den, some of the velvet from the furniture was worn slightly and the cloth covering a small table was fraying. Kodlak's eyes wandered over to a bookcase overflowing with scrolls, Kodlak guessed they were some sort of healing recipes the fox used.

Kodlak was surprised at all the furniture the fox had in his den, Kodlak guessed he had maybe taken washed up furniture from the sea since it was nearby. Kodlak's feet were wearing and he decided to sit down on a chair made of elm and pine wood, he gently rested his head against a silk pillow and watched the fox through half closed eyes.

DanielofRedwall

*Please use for judging*
As he lay on the ground Daniel blacked out. It lasted less than a second but for it felt like an eternity. In his brief dream he saw a mouse wielding a mighty sword and clad in shining armour. He exuded all things brave, strong and great and when he spoke he had a voice that had both a gentle and strong tone to it. "Daniel," the mouse spoke. "Daniel. Get up. You have unfinished business to attend to."
Suddenly, the vole was filled with a new found strength. He opened his eyes, jumped to his feet and waited for the fox to make the first move.

Tirzen watched as the vole got to his feet. He cackled and called out to the wounded creature, "That one softened you up, didn't it!"
Daniel didn't reply but simply stood there, stony faced and serious. He wasn't going to let Tirzen's torments get to him. He simply drew a stone from his pouch and loaded it on to his sling. It was soon after this that the fox made his first move.
Tirzen lunged forwards at the small vole, gripping his knife in front of him as he charged.
Daniel was ready. He swiftly sidestepped the fox and smashing the rock in his sling in to the fox's back as he flew passed. The blow caught Tirzen unaware and sent the breath out of him. However, the fox quickly recovered and turned towards the vole again. Growling in a menacing way, the fox spoke in a chocked voice. "It isn't over yet, vole!"
With narrowed eyes and through gritted teeth, the vole replied in a voice of steel. "No, it isn't, scum!"
He then sent a large rock hurtling towards his foe. The blow caught Tirzen on the paw, causing him to drop his knife. Daniel sent another rock flying towards the fox, this time at his head.
The rock was thrown at such a speed that when it collided with the fox it buried itself deep in to the fox's skull. Tirzen let out one last gasp of surprise. The surprise never left his face as he fell back to the ground. And, if the stone  wasn't enough to finish him off, he landed right on top of his own blade.
Received mostly negative reviews.

RatBane

Menzys eyes fluttered oven to take in the seen for just a moment. her world was spinning a bit as she lean up on the tree. she sees Phireem standing over/near her in a defensive stance but can also see Dawn as the fox is come at her.

She grabs the dead fox's sling near by and loads a rock and sits up just enough to use it. She sends the rock barley flying passed Phireem with in inches of  him and it falls short and hit the fox right in the back of the knee causing the fox to fall to one leg.

"Wot! I was bally well aiming for that blighter head. I guess i shouldn't had my eyes closed eh? No worries chaps. I say any of you have bit of scoff?"

meanwhile....

Krookidpaw bandaged up the Generals wound on her head and then made sure she was in the bed. Any bleeding has long stopped and he cleaned for face of any reaming blood.

"She is sleeping and comfy and should wake but I will warn you she may be a bit upset and have a bad headache as to the reason. Now as for you. Sir you have lost a bit of blood and I guessing you very sleepy right? You need to be tended to I have not harmed your leader and I have no intentions to doing ay harm to you.  Now hold still while I clean and bandage your wound. After your better then you can wave you sword and what at me and continue you quest to kill vermin."

The healer knelt down and gently started to clean and dress his led wound letting him slowly nod off.
Not all Rats are bad just the ones that make them self out to be.

Skipper

(again i never gave you permission)

Kodlak swiftly sidestepped and said calmly
'Now listen here scum, you see this, this is a scar and i feel as fit as a fiddle already so leave me alone and i'll leave you alone, i undestand you will have trouble understanding this so here is a simple version. Leave my scar alone wot!'
Kodlak decided he would use his fists next time though he would rather not dirty his paws on vermin so he casually made his way behind a oak stool, he had one foot resting on it and stared at the fox levely silently daring him to try his luck against the Colour Sergeant.

Icefire

OOC: I do have Maudie's permission.

BIC:
Early on in the fight, Junebud had killed a fox with her dirk. Up until that point, it hadn't really registered that she was fighting living, breathing creatures. Killing the fox put  her in shock. She stood there staring down at him for most of the battle.
When Dawnflower yelled, she looked up in a daze and then remembered that she had a job to finish. She wiped off her dirk and put it in it's sheath and took out her bow. When she looked up again, Dawn was on the ground with a fox standing over her. This finally jerked June out of her daze. She took and arrow and quickly shot the fox. The arrow took the fox in the shoulder, but didn't do much more than annoy her. The fox towards her in anger, when Dawn kicked her in the back of the legs. This caused the fox to fall and drop her sword. The fox snarled, picked up Dawn's sabre, and thrust it into Dawn's shoulder area. Before turning to June...

OOC: I have to leave for awhile. Anyone can control the fox and Dawn can be saved, but she doesn't have much time. You can decide whether we need a death or not.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Ceteruler

Phireem jumped when the rock flew past his face. He turned, expecting a fox or two right behind him. Half-sighing in relief when he saw that it was just Menzy trying to help. he exclaimed, “Scoff?! What kind of fool would think of bloomin’ scoff now?” He tore off his pack, letting it fall to the ground next to Menzy.
“If you’re so flippin’ adamant about having food now, look in there!”
Turning back just in time to see Dawn get stabbed in the shoulder, he told Menzy, “I’m goin’ over there!” He started running towards Dawn and the fox, who had her back toward him as she headed for June.
Rapier raised, he had almost gotten to the fox when he stumbled on a stone. Falling headfirst, his face planted itself in the sand. He managed to hold on to his rapier, but fresh pain, even stronger than before, hit his injured arm as he tried to slow his fall with it. With a yell of pain, Phireem tried to clear his eyes as the fox turned.
Grinning, she turned and with Dawn’s sabre advanced on Phireem. Holding out the sword, Phireem barely blocked the first ginormous hack the fox took at him.  He managed to clear one eye completely and got into a kneeling position as the fox took a forward thrust at Phireem’s midsection. Phireem had to fall to one side to dodge it. Using his rapier to pull himself up again, Phireem got on one foot and one knee. He tried to take out the fox’s legs with a wide sweep, but she jumped out of the way.
Phireem struggled to get on the other foot, the one that had tripped on the stone. He glanced at it. Blood flowed freely from an open wound across the whole pad, making it almost impossible to stand.
“June! Get over here!” He yelled as the fox advanced again.
OOC: please use for judging.

Icefire

OOC: How many foxes are left? Is it just two? Or is it just this one? Are there more?

BIC:
Junebud dropped her bow with a grunt of frustration realizing she couldn't use it without hitting one of her friends. She drew her dirk, then ran and grabbed the fox's sword. Yelling "EULALIAAA!!!!" she turned and slashed at the fox. The fox was quick, but not quick enough to avoid a relatively small cut. The fox snarled and turned on June. They exchanged several blows. June worked the fox around until she had the vixen backing away from her wounded friends.
The fox was quickly realizing that these "bunnies" were tougher than they looked. The next time they locked blades, the fox gave June a hard shove backwards and looked around for an ally. Spotting her mate on the edge of the woods, she yelled, "Get over here and help me!"
He simply shook his head and turned to run away. However, June spotted him and threw her dirk. It was a good shot, striking him at the base of his skull. He probably didn't even know what hit him when he found himself at hellgates.
June looked back at the vixen with a hard look in her eyes, "Now you're all alone fox."

OOC: Or is she?

Redwall Musician

It appeared on the outside that Wildpaw had done nothing the entire fight. And perhaps he didn't. But as soon as the foxes started attacking, the recruits had gone at them with such a will, that Wildpaw's slow pace would do him no good. His head had started to hurt again. And suddenly, though the bushes he thought he saw something. He looked closer, but then suddenly felt a stinging pain in his side. An arrow had skimmed by his, inflicting a slight wound.

"Sah, What should I do to treat this besides what I've already done?"

Wildpaw paw turned to Phireem who had spoken to her.

"Wha- wha- I-I," he was trying to think between the increasing pain in his head and on his side. He himself couldn't think of what to do to his own wound. But by then Dawn had been there.

Time seemed to be going by so fast. And why was his head hurting so bad. Even worse then before. He wanted to rest but-

Wait! Is that foxes in the bushes? Wildpaw felt the need to run towards them. He jogged over and behind them. Their was seven of them, each with a bow and arrow. Not any arrow though. He could tell by the few that there were these were poison tipped arrows.

Wildpaw drew his cutlass. He silently whacked one over the head with the hilt, knocking him out. All the foxes turned towards Wildpaw. They had only arrows and weren't quick enough to think to use them. Wildpaw gutted another five, his head clear and a grim smile on his face.

"Ahhhhh!" yelled one of the foxes, whose name was Ava. She took off running.

"No you don't," Wildpaw said, running after her.

Ava still had a poison arrow in her hand. She had no bow but now realized it could be just as deadly without it. Soon she reached the place where a few foxes remained fighting the hares. She had to get back at these foxes who had killed her friends and mates. Spotting one (she knew not it was Phireem) she threw the arrow at the hare.

But just then Wildpaw jumped in front of the arrow, very much aware of the fate it would cause.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Icefire

Junebud was too focused on the fox before her to even register what was happening with the Sergeant. She closed in on the fox who was now hyperventilating. The fox tried several desperate slashes, but June blocked them. The fox feinted to June's lower left, but at the last second turned the blade and slashed up, tearing through June's tunic, but not catching any flesh. The next time the fox thrust, June jumped to the left and hacked down, chopping off the fox's left paw. The fox screamed and fell to her knees. She tried raising her blade, but realized she wouldn't be able to defend herself well.
"Mercy!" She gasped as she stared up into June's face.
June gave her a disgusted look as she thought about all the pain this fox would deal out if their positions had been switched, and then she chopped off the fox's head.

OOC: Gross!

BIC:
June looked around, trying to take in the scene. There was Menzy still looking rather dazed, Phireem who had blood flowing from several different wounds, Dawn who had apparently passed out from the pain of the wound to her shoulder and her arm...was it supposed to be at that angle? Then she saw the sergeant...

OOC: Is Ava an open character or is she just Musician's? Who wants to kill her?

Ceteruler

OOC: I'm pretty sure that Wildpaw is going to let the arrow hit him and I will assume so here.

Phireem had been watching June fight the fox while struggling to stand. Every time he put his foot on the ground, pain like a shockwave went through his paw and halfway up his leg. Giving up, he remained on one knee and one foot as he saw June dispatch the fox.

When the fox had been dispatched, Phireem looked at Dawn and Menzy. He gritted his teeth, thinking, Why did there have to be such a bloody battle the first flippin' time we went on Patrol? The General and Sergeant are somewhere else, and all that's left to lead us is- He jerked his head around, looking for Wildpaw. There he was, cleaning up foxes like a true Long Patrol hare.
His eyes widened when he saw the fox throw an arrow at him. He dropped flat to avoid being hit. When he saw Wildpaw jump in front of the arrow, he gasped. "Wildpaw!" he yelled. Gritting his teeth, he immediately stood and, ignoring the pain it caused, took his rapier and hurled it straight at the fox.

OOC: I'm not going to kill Ava... yet.

Icefire

OOC: I vote the rapier kills her. I can edit this post later if everyone else votes against killing her, but please keep in mind that this is technically the last day of this RPG.

BIC:
June watched as the rapier flew throught the air and went straight through Ava's throat.

OOC: Gross again. Why do I write such disgusting scenes? Anyways...

BIC:
June looked around at the carnage and took a deep breath as she tried to fight back tears. So this is the cost of freedom...
She shook herself and rushed over to the sergeant. She looked at the arrow, but wasn't sure she should remove it or if that would cause more damage. Then, she looked at the other arrows in Ava's quiver and discovered they were poisoned. Her hands started shaking as she looked down at the sergeant.Then she jerked her head up and yelled to her comrades, "I say! Were any of you chaps paying attention during the lessons on poison? I need some help!"

OOC: Sorry, I'm not good with poisons. Will someone else please try to save him? Wow, we're in sad shape...

BrookSkimmer

Moderator: All posts beyond this one do not count for the contest. You must continue to adhere to the rules of the contest if you wish to continue posting. Posts must be at least three sentences long and be written to the best of your ability.

Ceteruler

Phireem could barely make any forward progress, but he tried his best to get over to Wildpaw and Dawn. "I don't know much about poison, but I don't think there's much we can do!" Dragging one foot behind him and basically trying to crawl with one leg and one arm, Phireem made his way slowly towards the two. He groaned and rested for a bit, winded and in pain.

BrookSkimmer

It was almost a week later when the green recruit run finally made their way back to the mountain. Severe injuries had been sustained by many. Lord Hureth the Gray personally watched over the recruits and his General and Sergeants until they made a full recovery. Many still bear the scars of the bloody battle they fought against the fox hoard. The hoard was routed and all were slain save a few that were disbanded and sent on their way with dire threats upon return.

After all beasts that were part of the group had healed a special banquet was held in their honor. Each of the recruits received immediate approval to join the ranks of the Long Patrol. Haley Buckpaw received a silver medal in the shape of crossed spears for brining the group home despite all odds. Both Sergeants received brass medals of running hares to signify their bravery during the ordeal with the fox group. Each recruit was honored with a badger-made dirk and a blue and gold ribbon to wear on their Long Patrol uniform to represent their loyalty and steadfastness in times of difficulty. Daniel came to live at Salamandastron for a few seasons before making a new home for himself not far from the fire mountain. He remains a trusted council of the Long Patrol.

For seasons after the tale of the "Crimson Run", as the exploit would later be dubbed, would be told in the mess hall of Salamandastron to any recruit preparing for their first run as recruits in the famed Long Patrol.

(end thread)