Official Role Play Contest

Started by BrookSkimmer, March 02, 2012, 09:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

Sand was churned up by the General's paws as she trotted along the tide line. The dark hare could hear the new recruits talking amongst themselves behind her. A smile crossed over her features as she put on a burst of speed. She remembered what it was like to be a green recruit. Bantering with comrades was all part of the the experience.

Haley chanced a look behind and saw the hares in various stages of keeping up with her. Some had fallen back a considerable distance, while others were right o her heels. Sergeant Wildpaw was at the back of the pack, making sure nobeast was completely left in the dust.

She slowed the halt and looked out over the water. The sun was fully risen now and it reflected off the waters with dazzling effect. When all the runners had caught up she called out to them.

"Looks like yer keepin' up just fine me buckoes! Now, which one of you would challenge yer General to a spar?"

The hare waited to see who would respond.

Troy Troodon

Ferral pulls out his horsewhip and grapples onto a nearby branch. And starts moving atop the trees.
So what if I'm crazy? Atleast I admit my insanity.

RatBane

Menzy arrived not to far be hind the general and come to a halt and then hops on each foot working out any bit of stiffness and keeping her self limber.

"Right O General I am up for a bit of tussling. What are the stakes and rules if any marm?"

She Sat down her pack and leaned her lance up against it but didn't stray far from its reach in case the General decided weapons were to be part of this sparr. Perhaps this will help her clear her mind a bit and but things in to a better perspective.
Not all Rats are bad just the ones that make them self out to be.

Skipper

Kodlak's lips lifted into a smile, he stroked his moustache and stepped forwad 'If ye don't mind Menzy i would like to chalenge the general first Wot! unless you would like to go first?' Kodlak threw a few swift punches and smiled broadly as the sun beat down on his big back Kodlak could be heard muttering to himself 'Now what was it the buckoes back at Salamandaston said eh? bob and weave or was it duck and weave? no matter i'll use all of them Wotwot!'

Mad Maudie

"Pht keep'n' up with ye is easy! Fer me at least. Menzy, Ah suggest letting Coddle, go first Wot!" Coddle, was a name the young patrol hares a long time ago had given Kodlak, When they first started training. And it had stuck with him through the years of cadets, and corporals who had been under his command.
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

BrookSkimmer

The General nodded to Kodlak and then patted the rapier at her side.

"Longblade me ol' scout wot! Since ye seem ready perhaps ye can take on miss Menzy eh?"

She had been hoping the Sergeant would volunteer. Though she did not mind crossing steel with recruits, Buckpaw would much rather observe and instruct. Sparring was part of the training the greenhorns would take place in during the run.

"The rest of you lot form a circle around the Sergeant and Menzy wot!" As she spoke the General pulled two cloths out of her travel pack. She tossed one to each hare who would be sparring. "Use these teh blunt yer blade and lance tip. Don't need to take home any recruits that 'ave been ripped teh pieces!"

The General took a spot in the circle, between Phireem and Junebud. "The Sargent will take first move! Ready, spar!"

She turned to the hares nearest her. "So, who do you think will win the spar eh?"

Troy Troodon

Ferral lands and responds; "If that were me I'd take him on."

Redwall Musician

He had been silent most of the trip. As sound of a challenge reached his ears, Drill Sergeant Wildpaw clutched his head. He had tried to ignore for the past week the pain which inflicted his head. He hoped that his trailing behind the group would appear as doing his duty. But truth be told, he was tired. "Oh, I must be getting old." Waldo muttered to himself. He knew it was false, for he was only a few seasons older then some of the new recruits.

Pulling himself away from the prospective fray, Waldo sat on the ground. He needed to get his thoughts in order before he could get the young ones in order.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Ceteruler

Phireem wasn't sure what to say on who would win the fight. He wanted Menzy to win, but his mind told him the Sergeant would be victorious. Crossing his arms over his chest, he shrugged. "I think it could go either way, really."

RatBane

She uses her foot to kick her weapon up to her paw an did as instructed with the cloth around the pointed end of it.

"Not at all Sargent but I think mark has a better idea, so it looks like you and me wot. Oh and it's bob and weave."

She takes a few steps away from him allowing him time to fix his weapon. She spins her javelin a bit winks at Phireen then takes a moment standing still with her eye closed. She breathes fully and then out and opens her eyes getting into her fighting stance eyes fixed on the Sargent.

"When your ready old bean."

Troy Troodon

Ferral asks; "How do you think she might fare?"

Skipper

Kodlak smiled slightlly whilst wrapping a cloth around the point of his sabre 'old bean your self young scallywag' keping light on his paws Kodlak twirld his sabre before swinging his blade at shoulder hight, he bounded forwads and tried to lock blades with Menzy. Sand sprayed up from his paws as he sought to disarm the young recruit, the sun glinted off his blade as it weaved patterns around Menzy seeking to use a move taught to him long ago by Lord Hureth.

DanielofRedwall

Daniel the vole heard the hares while wandering around. The thought of asking them for help instantly crossed his mind. Using his keen sense of hearing, he found his way over to the drove of hares. He thought of walking straight in, but then he noticed two of the hares were standing, ready for a fight of some sort. he decided to instead sneak in to camp unnoticed and watch the fight. Treading lightly on his paws and being careful not to make a sound, he sat down unnoticed by anyone behind the one named Drill Sergeant Wildpaw. He would watch and make a decision on how they could help him based on the performance of the two hares.
Received mostly negative reviews.

RatBane

((OOC: MadMud and Icefire sorry for not answering you a bit back chaps. Sorry short post with less moves in class so less time then needed.))

She dodged the saber and used her Javelin more like a staff she deflected the weaved pattern and move forward and in to the Sargent quickly. She pushes her weapon up his hilt and dropped down and used her foot paws and kicks out and up in to his chest.

"Scallywag this bucko!" she kicks with about half of the force she normally use if this was not a sparr.

Icefire

OOC: No problem! We were interupted by our General anyways!

BIC:

Dawn had been listening nervously ever since Menzy had mentioned it, but didn't hear anything until the fight started. She turned, but she only saw Drill Seargent Wildpaw. "That's odd," she thought, "I wonder why he's back there."
She turned back to the fight when she heard Menzy's yell.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!