News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

corin the black fox

Started by Captain Rake Nightfur, April 13, 2012, 05:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Rake Nightfur

Quote from: MatthiasMan on April 21, 2012, 07:01:15 PM
Do you have to get an amount of posts from people to add more to your story or something?
no, but i want to know if i have people (beside you who i am thankful to ) who want more but for you i'll put cap 2 on in 2 hours  :D
Gave' em blood and vinegar chaps!And that's an order wot wot!

everybeast tells' "bréaga álainn." but they never help anybeast

Captain Rake Nightfur

Wellcane paced impatiently. Where had that Seer got to? He looked up as his wife walked past with a young vixen named Kei. Kei was not born into the horde, having been a gentle healer in the past. The young vixen was suprisingly reluctant to join in the traditional activities; even now, she never took part in the fights and killing raids. Silneow the vixen took immediately to Kei; the healer reminded her of her lost son...the unnamed cub, drowned by now. And I was the one who killed him! The thought was enough to make her weep at night sometimes.
Wellcane growled at them. "Vixen! Where is my Seer?"
Silneow stared him coolly in the eyes. "I know nought. She is your Seer, Lord." The last word was more a mocking taunt than a formal title.
Wellcane stalked off in a foul mood. The nerve of that vixen! He hadn't the time to deal with her now, though. He spotted the Seer coming from the outer fringe of the woodlands to the southwest and confronted her. "Where have you been?" he snarled nastily.
The Seer bowed hastily. "Lord, I have had a sign. Methinks trouble is brewing, sire."
Wellcane raised an eyebrow suspiciously. "What kind of trouble?"
"I know nought, Lord. I have seen the omens, though."
He leaned closer, eager. "What do they tell you?"
The Seer cast her stones.

"The secret lies with black, the pen and knife the key,
the one who knows the green will be satisfied.
the one with ink will find her heart's desire,
if the omens have not lied.
The tale is undone,
the chosen one has come."

Corin the fox watched the Abbey and sighed.There was no way that an Abbeybeast, let alone a Skipper of otters, was going to let him in. He was a fox, after all. So how was he meant to get in without using force?

Farris the young mouse was walking along the battlements. He looked at the woods and froze in shock. Was that...Corin?

There you have it, sorry I took so long!

Captain Rake Nightfur

what do you think? (i'll put cap 4 up today, by the way)

MatthiasMan

Ooooh. I wanna know what happens!! Tell me!

(by the way, did you check out my story? Danderson Dettenick Dorranfair is the topic)

Captain Rake Nightfur

Farris stared in amazement. Corin...here at the Abbey? Corin gazed upwards, narrowing his eyes. He stepped closer, and said quietly, "Farris? Is that you?"
Farris gave a rare grin. He looked like a Dibbun excited for a candied chestnut. "Corin...brother?"
Corin smile back at his adopted brother. "I promised I'd come back, Farris, and I did."

Kei and Silneow paced around the camp, quietly discussing herbs.

Farris nodded, supressing another wide smile. "I know. You never break a promise." He looked around shiftily. "You'd better hide before Skipper or Rinson see you."
Corin nodded slightly and melted back into the shadows. He was just in time, too. Breeze the squirrelmaid and Mother Abbess Mitreeo came walking along the walkway. Mitreeo nodded to Farris. "Good evening, Farris. Out for a stroll, I see?"
Farris looked guiltily at the spot where Corin had been. "Erm...Yes, Mother Abbess...I think I'll...ah...go help down in the kitchens, so...umm...goodbye!" Farris stepped around them and ran down into the Abbey.
Abbess Mitreeo stared at the door where Farris had disappeared. She shook her head with a weary sigh. "That young mouse...I never understood why he never speaks of his past.
Breeze nodded, almost sympathetically. "I'm sure he has his reasons, though, Mother Abbess."
The Abbess smiled kindly. "You have a head on your young shoulders, Breeze. I'm sure you're right."
The continued their stroll, unaware of Corin lurking in the shadows.

Farris scrubbed furiously at a pot in the kitchens. Corin, here? The last time he had seen his 'older brother' was when he was a Dibbun. Corin had brought him to the Abbey after his parents had died of dry-ditch fever. Corin was only two seasons older than Farris, but he was quiet, calm and wise beyond his seasons. He had told Farris to never speak of his past before he left him to a new life. For his 'brother' was a fox, a vermin, and vermin could never dwell in peace with woodlanders.

Corin stared into a pool of water near the wall, gathered from previous rainfall. The surface rippled as a tear fell from the fox's eye, trickled down his face and splashed into the pool with a plop! He had abandoned his adopted brother. He had left him to become a goodbeast, a chance the fox could never have himself. But what would his 'little brother' do when he learned that all vermin were supposedly evil? Would he become a warrior and set out to slay them all?
The fox had broken a promise to his adopted parents...but he had kept one to Farris. He had come back.

There you go, hope it's good!
thanks moss-sama for editing this cap for me. :3 )

Captain Rake Nightfur

MatthiasMan

........(words flowing around in head)....Well.. All I can say is  ??? ??? but  :D :D

I can't believe he has an adopted brother......Wow!

Captain Rake Nightfur

yeah i know, kinda unbelievable   ;D but that goes along way in making the story

P.S. i'll put the next cap. up in 3 hours (have to do some stuff before i write)
Quote from: MatthiasMan on April 25, 2012, 09:35:50 PM
........(words flowing around in head)....Well.. All I can say is  ??? ??? but  :D :D

I can't believe he has an adopted brother......Wow!

Captain Rake Nightfur

really sorry, but i can't put the next cap up today(i'll try and do it tomorrow)

MatthiasMan

That's OK by me. I can keep my patience.  ;)

Captain Rake Nightfur

Captain Rake Nightfur

here is cap 4. sorry it took so long i got the flu)
The night was cold, windy and rainy . the horde of Wellcane the Warlord sat measly in the rain.  The warlord was in a fowl mood, having been set back three day from marching to west to Mossflower woods, he walked in his tent dry from the rain, the seer runso, came and sat in the tent "lord, they horde bis' saying you need to leave thi sea to the woodlands."
Wellcane turned around so fast he almost lost his balance,(which didn't improve his temper) and bellowed "Do you think I care about what  vermin say?!!?'  glaring at runso "Well, do you!?"  the seer tried to soothe the warlords ruffed fur "aye lord me know that thaw not care about such puny beast, but me tell you because....ratwrath and daggrabe are talking about they, they say thaw should go....forever...."
Wellcane look at the seer "be you mean they're planning to kill me?"
The seer nodded "aye lord, that they are."
Wellcane look thoughtful "give them the best of grog and vittles."
"lord?"
Wellcane smiled wickedly "if they're stuffed with grog then what will happen, eh?'
The seer smile "they sleep like logs lord, aye then they can kill them thi self! Brilliant!!"
Wellcane pull out his battle axe testing the blade and smiling wickedly "aye....brilliant."
The abbey walls were hot to the touch, the sun beat down on the heads of Farris, Breeze and a young squirrel named Rigontoson(Farris's best friend) and Grrbee the mole
They walk up and down the lawn helping with the outdoor chorus , farris, along with rigon help with seting up the stacks in the vegetable garden to keep out the wind, breeze help foremole burrto with gathering herbs for sister Gail, the infirmary keeper, grrbee along with some other moles made a tunnel to filter the water from the rains to the vegetable garden.
Some other abbey beast walk  back to the abbey for refeshments, bustling in and out with scones and tea, well others set out tables with silverwear and plates all was going well...for now..
Wellcane watched as ratath and daggrabe as they golpee down  grog ratath hiccupped "thankiy lord,... hick...tis prime grog...!"wellcane grin wolfessly at the two rats as he licked the blade of his double bladed battle-axe
"aye matey, 'prime grog'....the last you'll ever taste!" he said as he swung the battle-axe high above his head, and brought it down with a crash!

here's the cap 4 that mossy-sama edited for me ^^ thanks again~

The night was cold, windy, and rainy. The horde of Wellcane the Warlord sat in the rain stoically. The Warlord was in a foul mood, having been set back three days from marching west into the Mossflower Woodlands. He walked into his tent, glad that it was warm and dry. The Seer Runso came and joined him. "Lord, the horde is saying ye need to leave this sea. They want ye to go into the woodlands."
Wellcane spun around so fast he almost lost his balance (which didn't improve his temper in the slightest) and bellowed, "Do you think I care about what vermin say?!" He glared at Runso furiously. "Well, do you?!"
The Seer made an attempt to soothe the Warlord's ruffled fur. "Aye, Lord. Meknow that thou doest not care about such puny beasts, but methinks ye should know...Ratwrath and Daggrabe are talking behind thine back. They say thou should go...forever..."
Wellcane stared at the Seer. "You mean they're planning to kill me."
Runso nodded sagely. "Aye, Lord, that they are."
Wellcane looked thoughtful. "Give them the best of grog and vittles."
"My Lord?"
"You heard me!" Wellcane barked. He took a deep breath and explained patiently. "If they're stuffed with grog then what will happen, eh?" A wicked smile curled the corners of his lips.
The Seer, realising the Warlord's plan, also smiled. "They sleep like logs, Lord. Aye, and then thou can kill them thyself!"
Wellcane pulled out his battle axe and tested the blade against his paw. His eyes gleamed maliciously. "Aye. Brilliant."
The Abbey walls were hot to the touch as the sun beat down on the heads of Farris, Breeze, and a young squirrel named Rigontoson, who happened to be Farris's best friend. Grrbee the mole was also there. They walked up and down the lawn, helping with the outdoor chores. Farris and Rigon helped with setting up the stacks in the vegetable garden to keep out the wind. Breeze helped Foremole Burrto with gather herbs for Sister Gail, the Infirmary Keeper. Grrbee and some other moles dug a tunnel to filter the water from the rains to the vegetable garden. Some other Abbeybeast walked back to the Abbey for refreshments, bustling in and out with scones and tea, while others set out tables with silverware and plates. All was going well...for now.

Wellcane watched impassively as Ratwrath and Daggrabe gulped down grog and stuffed their mouths with the food. Ratwrath hiccupped. "Thankee Lord--hic!--'tis prime grog--hic!"
Wellcane grinned wolfishly from behind his axeblade. He held the doubled-headed battle-axe fondly, anticipating its job. "Aye matey. Prime grog. And the last you'll ever taste!" The Warlord lifted the axe high above his head and brought the blade down with devastating efficiency.

Captain Rake Nightfur

well, what do you think??)

MatthiasMan

Wicked Wellcane! Hicup! Sent me' te' Dark Forest. Hicup!  ;)

Captain Rake Nightfur

lol yeah 'wicked'!  :o
Quote from: MatthiasMan on May 01, 2012, 11:07:07 PM
Wicked Wellcane! Hicup! Sent me' te' Dark Forest. Hicup!  ;)