News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Favorite Weapon

Started by Log a Log Grenn, June 12, 2011, 08:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrkin

Quote from: Skipper on August 21, 2012, 07:12:58 PM
Yes But if your fighting for your life It would hardly matter if you used an honourable weapon or not.
you can only use a crossbow from a very far distance. if you arent in a tree or on a wall it is useless cause it takes literally a minute to load. a good archer with a longbow can fire off, i believe its 5 or six shots, if its lonna bowstripe, probably ten. (although irl thats not possible)
[/quote]

I believe you could say something similar about bows. Like: bows are useless in close quarter combat because enemy can swing his sword faster than you can reload, aim and shoot.

In my opinion, just because one weapon is better in certain situation than the other doesn't mean it is inherently superior. No matter if it's a bow, sword, crossbow, spear, mace or any other weapon.

SpiderMonkey

Quote from: Myrkin on August 22, 2012, 08:12:01 PM
Quote from: Skipper on August 21, 2012, 07:12:58 PM
Yes But if your fighting for your life It would hardly matter if you used an honourable weapon or not.
you can only use a crossbow from a very far distance. if you arent in a tree or on a wall it is useless cause it takes literally a minute to load. a good archer with a longbow can fire off, i believe its 5 or six shots, if its lonna bowstripe, probably ten. (although irl thats not possible)

I believe you could say something similar about bows. Like: bows are useless in close quarter combat because enemy can swing his sword faster than you can reload, aim and shoot.

In my opinion, just because one weapon is better in certain situation than the other doesn't mean it is inherently superior. No matter if it's a bow, sword, crossbow, spear, mace or any other weapon.
[/quote]

Very well said.  With my physical build, long bows and daggers or short swords fit best.

W0NWILL

I personally am best with a light sword, like a rapier, though I would like a hybrid rapier like Buckler's. My best weapons would be a sling and a hybrid broadsword, thinner than most, and light and easy to wield.

On another note, I like Buckler's weapon, and Cregga's weapon.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on August 21, 2012, 06:41:46 PM
Quote from: Skipper on August 21, 2012, 06:04:05 PM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on August 21, 2012, 12:15:39 PM
Quote from: Bragoon on May 17, 2012, 11:34:34 PM
Crossbows are powerful, to be sure. 
crossbows are cheating! a real archer uses a longbow, crossbows take no skill to shoot effectively!
If it requires no skill then surely it is easier to use.
it is! in medevail times it was considered a dishonorable weapon. it requires no skill at all whatsoever. loading it took more work than shooting. longbows are a very honoroble way of skewering your enemy.

Out of curiosity, when was skewering someone ever honorable? If you have the strength to load the thing, then you bally well have the right to shoot it! A crossbow takes a REALLY long time to load.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

SpiderMonkey

Quote from: danflorreguba on August 24, 2012, 05:18:09 PM
crossbows are cheating! a real archer uses a longbow, crossbows take no skill to shoot effectively!
it is! in medevail times it was considered a dishonorable weapon. it requires no skill at all whatsoever. loading it took more work than shooting. longbows are a very honoroble way of skewering your enemy.

Out of curiosity, when was skewering someone ever honorable? If you have the strength to load the thing, then you bally well have the right to shoot it! A crossbow takes a REALLY long time to load.

Seconded, I could never load one of those things, and for those who can, they should be able to shoot it.  You never see a soldier these days with a bow screaming at the enemies, "I will win because bows are more honorable than guns!"  that poor guy wouldn't stand a chance.  The new technology isn't less "honorable" than the old, it's just more effective.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: SpiderMonkey on August 24, 2012, 05:23:03 PM
Quote from: danflorreguba on August 24, 2012, 05:18:09 PM

Seconded, I could never load one of those things, and for those who can, they should be able to shoot it.  You never see a soldier these days with a bow screaming at the enemies, "I will win because bows are more honorable than guns!"  that poor guy wouldn't stand a chance.  The new technology isn't less "honorable" than the old, it's just more effective.

I totally agree (go figure) If someone come at me waving a P-90, I'm not going to engage him with a Rifle... That would be plain stupidity. A crossbow is just a weapon that can reach farther, and fly faster than most other weapons (though Long bows are well known for their having greater range than any other bow-type hand held weapon.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Griffen

better to engage and try to win, rather then running and getting shot in the back, right? ;)

Redwallfan7

I think it would be so epic if the Redwallers used action movie guns. I can picture Skipper and Lady Amber using them
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

SarahHamiel

Fire-swinger is my favourite. It is a kind of missile weapon which is used to destroy enemy ships.
I love t shirt printing and tshirt printing fashion.

Endar Feyblade

Hmm, I really like bolases...

AxeHound

I can't believe that only one person has mentioned Cluny's tail!!

(please do not send me the pm game messages)

Ajc3000fox

Quote from: AxeHound on September 06, 2012, 03:02:53 AM
I can't believe that only one person has mentioned Cluny's tail!!
ha ha yea  ::) like i would ever touch that nasty thing
"The way is dangerous, take this." " A gift? Will it protect me?" No, a sword is never a gift. It only brings death. It is a curse and gives you the duty to defend those who cannot defend themselves. I hope one day you will forgive me."

https://www.facebook.com/RedwallSeries

AxeHound

It was an awesome weapon!

(please do not send me the pm game messages)

gothamjoe

Hm...at first I would have told you a bow, but after RPing my chars for awhile, I'd have to say a javelin or staff suits me better. After that, a sword of some sort. But for long-range fighting, a bow is my weapon of choice.
It got me thinking about multilingual SEO

Tam and Martin

My brother likes Tam's claymore and lances.
I like Tam's Sghian Dhu.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000