News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Which Forum User would you like to meet in person.

Started by Leatho Shellhound, June 01, 2012, 12:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on April 06, 2015, 04:41:06 AM
I would like to meet all of you in person, but it is only fair to say that I won't chat thru Skype (at least not by voice... my accent is really weird, really foreign and it gives a strange feeling to the listener... it's like Spanish with different words and it definitely doesn't sound like English).

Now, if we were to chat thru text, then I'm more than willing to do that :)

I don't mind voice that much; I have an issue with video, though. I think text is a great idea.

@Gonff: I remember that. It would be cool to try it again. I think my parents would be fine with the idea; I once Skyped people I never met.

Oh, and y'all would probably recognize me. I'm the only on here (as far as I know) who is Korean.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Luftwaffles

^ Yeah, the video is totally out of the question for me too. I'm kinda shy, you know.

I don't think that any of you would be able to recognize me though.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Rainshadow

There were only two reasons my parents weren't comfortable with the Skype idea:  1) It was video chatting when I approached the idea to them, and 2) they thought we were all gonna talk about inappropriate things (as if we'd do that ::)).  What I think would be cool is if we could do a Redwall book reading on voice chat; maybe having us go in a certain order, reading one paragraph at a time.  That'd be fun, and I'm about 67% sure my parents would be comfortable with me just reading a book on voice chat.

@Ren-chan:  You want to meet me?  Awwww, how sweet of you!  ;D  (Actually, I think it'd be rather cool to meet you, too.)
  The member I wanna meet the most is Skarzsy, though.  We literally could go out to coffee or something right now (well, not right now now, 'cause it's pretty late at night), but my parents would never allow me to do that.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Skyblade

@Sierra: Why not? I think I might.

@Rain: That sounds cool!

Gonff the Mousethief

That whole Skype thread is buried pretty far deep somewhere. I'll have to go find it and see if we could maybe just talk or do Rain's idea.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Skyblade on April 06, 2015, 05:27:24 AM
@Sierra: Why not? I think I might.

Well... aside for some specific traits (like the color of my eyes and how tall I'm) I don't think that I have ever given any kind of personal description of mine. And if you would be actually able to recognize me just by that, I would eat my cap ;D
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Skyblade

@Gonff: Maybe we can do another get-together.

@Soren: Oh, cool :D Thank you

@Sierra:I just realized that in reality I hardly know anything about your appearance :o

The Skarzs

Quote from: Rainshadow on April 06, 2015, 05:24:54 AM
  The member I wanna meet the most is Skarzsy, though.  We literally could go out to coffee or something right now (well, not right now now, 'cause it's pretty late at night), but my parents would never allow me to do that.
Heh. :D ;D :P

And to what you said about being a creepy forty-year-old living in their parents' basement prowling around on the internet. . . I live in the basement and I go on the internet, so hopefully that doesn't make me as creepy as some graying freak. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Rainshadow on April 06, 2015, 05:24:54 AM
  What I think would be cool is if we could do a Redwall book reading on voice chat; maybe having us go in a certain order, reading one paragraph at a time.  That'd be fun, and I'm about 67% sure my parents would be comfortable with me just reading a book on voice chat.

I did the Redwall book reading a while back on skype with people on the forum. It was really cool!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Lady Ashenwyte

I would meet with HiaG. (I think that voice chat would be brill)
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Rusvul

Ashleg

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg