Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

Zip a do da dee... doooooo... *looks around* *slides out  of topic*
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Amber

Quote from: Skyblade on March 13, 2015, 02:30:11 AM
I almost can't believe I'm saying this but since I trust all of you members and doubt that a guest would find this exact post anyway, I'll go ahead. It's been bothering me for some time, and I really want to just express my feelings. A lot of you will think I'm weird, and you may not understand. But I don't think you'll judge. So, I want to say that this is all a trick and you just read all that tiny text to realize that. (xD)
Heh.

James Gryphon

Posted on a PS3. Every bit as painful as it sounds.
« Subject to editing »

Rainshadow

Quote from: James Gryphon on March 14, 2015, 12:17:31 PM
Posted on a PS3. Every bit as painful as it sounds.

Sounds like yesterday when I was trying to fix a typo in my art thread masterpost on a treadmill at the gym.  Took me nearly ten minutes to even get to the modifying page.  I wanted to shout at the dumb thing, smack the screen, or whatever, but there were people around who probably woulda frowned upon that.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

James Gryphon

Treadmills come with built-in computers like that? I've seen them with video screens, but having full-capability browsing sounds awfully expensive.
« Subject to editing »

Rainshadow

Quote from: James Gryphon on March 14, 2015, 07:55:11 PM
Treadmills come with built-in computers like that? I've seen them with video screens, but having full-capability browsing sounds awfully expensive.

Yep.  It's at the YMCA.  I usually use the internet there for YouTube, but I noticed just before I left that I'd made a typo in my list of drawings and I couldn't fix it 'cause there wasn't any time.  I did fix it at the gym, but it was tedious and quite painful to do.  Their internet isn't very fast, and I had to manually tap the "scroll down" button in the post to scroll, not just swipe down with my finger to get to the bottom of the list.  It took awhile to get down to the typo.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Izeroth on March 06, 2015, 01:54:55 AM
Stoats are mush more powerful than weasels. This picture shows just how vicious we are.
don't open if you like chipmunks
[close]

Quote from: Vikimedia CommonzDescription English: An illustration of a stoat surplus killing a family of chipmunks by Ernest Thompson Seton

Pover zmover. Pover rarely makez anyzin', an' Weasels vill gae after more prey e'en larger zan Chipmunk familiez. An' Weasels are ztill more poverful anyvay.
WEASELS RULE!!!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

James Gryphon

I've alluded in the past to our dog and how loud it is, how much it moans, etc., etc. Just reading about it doesn't give you a clue how bad it is. It's somewhat difficult to get a recording of this, as she seems to have a tendency to clam up as soon as I turn a recorder on, but I've managed it. Here, for your listening torment, it is. If you choose to listen to this, make sure you turn down your volume as low as it can go without being completely mute, and wear headphones if at all possible.

I know it sounds like the dog is being tortured with a branding iron, but the only thing that's happening is that the bird is squawking. If we play anything that's remotely musical or noisy, the bird will start to squawk. If there's another bird outside, the bird squawks. Sometimes the bird will squawk with no provocation at all. And if the bird squawks, and the dog is within range to hear it, the dog moans. Loudly. The only solace is that if anyone were to die in their sleep, we can be sure it wouldn't be for long since the combined noise from these two is enough to wake anything that hasn't either already gone deaf or completely decomposed.
« Subject to editing »

Lady Amber

The Mask

That's terrible :o
I feel sorry for the dog, I think the bird is making its ears bleed.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Søren

When Del and Jukka are going ON AND ON in the Ask Del and I butt in and ask a question:

I'm retired from the forum

Mhera

@James: that is truly awful. Our dog hates strange noises like that too, but his standard reaction is to look really worried and jog about the house checking everything out and then hanging around near me or my dad until the offending sound stops. Your poor pooch sounds like her skull is about to shatter, though :-\

Rainshadow

@James:  I didn't heed your warning to turn the volume down 'cause I went, "Nah, it's already down enough; I should be fine."  Lemme tell ya, I jumped.  Your poor dog.  :P

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.