Argulor

Started by James Gryphon, July 06, 2011, 01:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciaran Galedeep

Quote from: danflorreguba on May 05, 2012, 01:37:57 PM
Thought out? yes. Imaginative? Not even close. Yes he/she definitely thought it out well, but it is almost an anti-Redwall series comment if you consider it! And really if you think about it again, who says animals can't be good or evil? Dolphins tend to be very kind hearted to humans they meet and many others as well. Living proof of good animals. It is harder to find an example of an evil animal because no matter which animal I name, someone is going to mention that "Carnivorous nature" and say that's why they appear evil... And on the flip side. This is a fictious series for crying out loud! The point is so you can just relax and enjoy a great story! Not about accuracy!
well i think they were getting at is that Brian Jacques uses our perception of creatures (ie. good vs bad.) too create the character personality. ie. a fox has always been a sly and untrustworthy, same with the insults that we use, ie when you call someone a "rat" or "weasel" as an example, i bet you've never been called a, "hare" or "otter!"

MatthiasMan

On topic please. So I think I know why Argulor was so important. It's because Chibb's job would be a lot easier, the evil horde would not have run back into the castle, and if Mr. Jacques didn't have him, then I think that the fox would have eventually taken over Kotir, thus Tsarmina would be killed, and that means Redwall would never be built and Mossflower would not be free yet.

notaferret

Not all eagles in the series are portrayed as bad. In the book Salamandastron, the Wild King McPhearsome is from the Northern Mountains and he is a golden eagle, same as Argulor. It is implied that he eats all sorts of woodlanders, both goodbeasts and vermin, indiscriminantly-he decideds not to eat Thrugg and Dumble even though he could have easily overpowered them because he admired Dumble's bravery.
I think Argulor was just old and in need of a quick and easy meal. The rather stupid vermin that populated Kotir provided easy pickings for an older eagle who was no longer in his prime.

MatthiasMan

I'm just saying. ;D ;) :P

General Ironbeak

I like old Argy. I consider him gray as well. His and Bane's death was pretty darn epic.

The Shade

Quote from: General Ironbeak on December 24, 2013, 09:34:44 PM
I like old Argy. I consider him gray as well. His and Bane's death was pretty darn epic.

He certainly put the story on an interesting line. I was almost disappointed when they were killed.  :D
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Tam and Martin

I didn't like Argulor too much. I think he mostly stood in the way of the story and maybe slowed it down a bit. Of course it added a bit of excitement every once and awhile but I don't think he really helped or did anything to the story. I did like his and Bane's fight though. :D

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000