Star Wars discussion

Started by blindsimeonjtp, October 07, 2012, 03:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clunylooney

Quote from: The Shadow of Korriban on July 09, 2021, 02:41:24 AM
Quote from: Ally046 on July 08, 2021, 07:00:51 AM
Quote from: One-Eye the wildcat on July 06, 2021, 08:33:54 AM
Quote from: Ally046 on July 06, 2021, 08:15:31 AM
TCW gives me bad vibes, and I can't stand to watch it.

This may, however be connected to how life was when I first watched them... :-\

>bruv
Quote from: Ally046 on July 06, 2021, 08:38:34 AM
Wha?

I think One-Eye is a bit offended by your flippant speech. 8(  I am too. >8(

Quote from: clunylooney on July 08, 2021, 03:24:44 PM
Rebels, which I thought were still good shows just not as good as Clone Wars.
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I partially despise Rebels.  Subpar characters, ugly designs for those same characters.  Lightsaber cores as thin as my agile legs on track-and-field day, and they reduced Mr. Thrawn to a simple-brained, bad person.  Ugly, I say! >:(  UGLY. >8(

I love, "Lightsaber cores as thin as my agile legs on track-and-field day" that's a better analogy then anything I could come up with.
But what's your problem with the design of characters? They seem pretty much the same as the Clone Wars characters.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

The Shadow of Korriban

Clone Wars had a more blocky, rigid, and hard edge style/vibe to everything.  Rebels on the other palm... :-|  Every character in that show looks as ugly and soft as Bill gates in his creepy, pink sweater! >:(  And I don't like the tight-fitting threads plastered onto the many smooth-skinned bodies.  Also, the vibrant colors of those same threads gives me a headache.  I say the whole show is plain execrable :3  But hey, when I was a smaller child than I am now, it was crazy fun I say, I say!  I squandered my mind thoughts for whole weeks back in 2017, waiting long and hard for the conclusion to Mr. Maul's fate. :D
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Tungro

Rebels wasn't as bad as many would like to claim, definitely a different type of show, but still had its good moments

The Shadow of Korriban

Eh, even it's "good moments" were a bit too repetitive and simplified. D: So much so, that a child on think-shrinking steroids could understand the message being conveyed. >8(  Well, of course that's just coming from lil' moi. :3
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Tungro

That was the idea.. It was the kids show that CW failed to be

The Shadow of Korriban

But Tungro, Star Wars is meant to attract a special audience consisting of a widthy variety of persons!  Perhaps a variety more widthy than my soft body was after squandering my post-track, victory sessions. :}

There's simple but quite solid proof that everything about Rebels didn't have to act silly, lazy, and cheap.  They covered death.  The Rebels blasted persons on the daily!  So if kids can handle death, then perhaps they can handle a plot without blemish, scuff, or the common mar. :3  Dave and his friends could have tried if they had wanted too! >8(

Tungro

Quote from: The Shadow of Korriban on July 17, 2021, 10:36:08 PM
But Tungro, Star Wars is meant to attract a special audience consisting of a widthy variety of persons!:}
It has quite obviously succeeded, or else it wouldn't be one of the most popular franchises in history. You can't please everyone, there will always be fringes - as you have so clearly demonstrated

The Shadow of Korriban

Oh yes, Pal!  Star Wars is indeed one of the most popular film franchises. :]  But I'm talking about Star Wars Rebels specifically.  8(

Tungro

It's all part of the same universe - and as I mentioned, there'll always be fringe opinions. Overall it had a relatively positive response.

The Shadow of Korriban

Oh no, Tungro!  I'm thought gesturing to the popularity of the show, not it's reviews. :3  I myself am not into even the most basic statistical data, so you may look into it yourself, but I do assume Clone Wars has had more viewers over the years than Rebels.  Eh, I'm probably just a simple dweeb with not a knowledge strand, I say, I say! :giggle:

Hickory

I didn't watch the episode that released Friday, but I did watch up to episode 11, and that was by far my favorite episode of the entire season thus far. I found the by-play of Free Ryloth internal politics a million times more interesting than the Five Stooges gallivanting about the Outer Rim, and I was glad to see the characters of Rampart and Howzer, which feel like a breath of fresh air compared to the Bad Batch. In general I was interested in the show because it promised to show the formation of the Empire, which was almost never directly touched upon in either Legends or Canon expanded universe content, and that episode delivered. The other episode on Raxus was also mildly interesting from a political standpoint, but wasn't really that great (though it was kinda fun to see the four of them doing actual special operations stuff like they did in TCW).

Spoiler
It did, however, further highlight my growing problem with Filoni's writing style, namely his habit of relying on existing characters. Cham and Hera Syndulla, Gobi Glie, and Orn Free Taa are all characters established in prior Star Wars content. It peeves me that Filoni acts as if the Star Wars universe is filled with the same 100 characters and 20 different planets, especially when shows like Bad Batch are really supposed to push the envelope here but sometimes do the exact opposite. Cut Lawquane, Rex, Saw, and the Martez sisters have also shown up in Bad Batch, and none of them are original to the show. Not to mention how he pulls the same behavior with Rebels and even Clone Wars, with Saw, Maul, Bo-Katan, and Ahsoka (who also shows up in Mandalorian). I appreciate a good character cameo but this is getting ridiculous, and I think it's why Filoni needs to step away from Star Wars temporarily, if not permanently.
[close]
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

clunylooney

It seems as though Rebels and Clone Wars have about the same level of watchers, with Clone Wars just beating it by a small margin. Keep in mind this was just after about 10 minutes of research, you might find more if you look into it more.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

The Shadow of Korriban

Quote from: Hickory on July 18, 2021, 05:22:56 PM
Filoni needs to step away from Star Wars temporarily, if not permanently.[/spoiler]
Oh my, you think so?  D:

Quote from: clunylooney on July 18, 2021, 08:04:54 PM
It seems as though Rebels and Clone Wars have about the same level of watchers, with Clone Wars just beating it by a small margin. Keep in mind this was just after about 10 minutes of research, you might find more if you look into it more.
Thank you for those quite juicy and ripe fruits of your labors, Cluny! :)

The Shadow of Korriban

Very olde now, but good pals, the pretty frames are very pretty! :hearteyes:  Though, I'd say it's a foolhardy move to let these anime creators express there passionate minds through Star Wars.  D:  I'd say they don't have a clue!    But then again neither did kathleen, and her Star Wars was great!   Only joking, good friends.   Seriously this show looks dumb-dumb but quite cool!   Who's to say, who's to say?! >8(

Tungro