News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Sparra

Started by Galedeep, July 06, 2011, 05:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightfire

Haven't you guys ever read the epilogue in Mattimeo? The Sparra started to grow and flourish again in size, and they renamed the roof spaces "Warbeak's Loft" in honor of their fallen leader. And Sir Harry the Muse was their literature teacher, not their leader. But they continued to stay in contact with the Redwallers. I suggest you all dig out your copies of Mattimeo and read the epilogue again. And again. And again.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Osu

Meep! You're right!

.....I am ashamed. DX Then what happened to the Sparra between Mattimeo and Pearls of Lutra?
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Nightfire

I guess the sparrows decides to migrate south or something for the winter, and they hadn't returned yet. Or Mr. Jacques just didn't feel like writing about them. Their accents are pretty frustrating to do. I know, I've tried!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

James Gryphon

I think the reason why everyone assumes they died out is because we never hear anything about them, ever again, after Mattimeo... even when it would have been extremely advantageous for them to be there, like in Pearls of Lutra when the heroes could have used some messengers, or to get the Pearl of Lutra that was up in the nest, or maybe in The Long Patrol so they could have scouted out the enemy without relying on the owls, or to find out what happened to Deyna in Taggerung.

Possibly they returned to isolationism after Warbeak's death, but this seems unlikely since they played such a prominent role in Abbey life, from after Redwall past the end of Mattimeo.

Even if the colony was flourishing at the end of Mattimeo, I'm inclined to think that they either died out at some unknown point after Mattimeo, or perhaps migrated elsewhere in the country, for unknown reasons.
« Subject to editing »

Redwall Musician

They migrated to help the hermit voles protect their treasure. After the events of the Rogue Crew, the voles came to the abbey, begging for help. Their amazing treasure had been stolen....
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Lutra

Would you believe their voices in the TV series turned me off as a character I could enjoy.  That was downright irritating.  :-X

As characters of the books, I think they're like that solitary beaver, created at first, and then re-evaluated as the series moves onward.  I think Mr. Jacques just couldn't come up with a convincing way to keep the Sparra involved after Mattimeo and the loss of many of their tribe.  So the Sparra get the axe as recurring characters.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Nightfire

Heeheehee...my RP-ing character, Alenra Silverclaw, speaks Sparra. :D

Skalrag of Marshank

I was so sad when Warbeak died in Mattimeo...
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

Killee um ratworm fer that!

Romsca

My grandma likes the sparra accent on the tv series i think it is so annoying