Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Galadriel is...

SUPER AWSOME!
Pretty cool
ok
kinda weird...
Creepy!

Kitsune

She is my all time FAVORITE character in the LOTR! I don't know why, but one of my friends thinks that she is creepy!  ???

Rainshadow

I like Galadriel, but I'd have to say that I prefer Rivendell elves over Lothlorien elves.  Mirkwood elves are pretty cool, though.  I mean, Legolas is a Mirkwood elf!
  But yeah, Galadriel does slightly creep me out, though that's probably because of the scene with the mirror pool in the Fellowship of the Ring.  ;)  She's still pretty awesome, but I think I like the elves who are warriors over her.  She's cool in her own way, but she seems so delicate.  Almost too delicate.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Romsca

She's not delicate at all!

Kitsune

Yeah she SO has her own psychic-like power! She not a push over. But, compared to some, she could be defined as almost delicate.

AxeHound

Read the Silmarillion. Not delicate.

(please do not send me the pm game messages)

Kitsune

What happens in the Silmarillion?

AxeHound

Spoilers for Silmarillion.

She leads a rebellion against the Valar. That's why the One Ring is her 'test'.

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Kitsune

I guess the Valar is the villian.

AxeHound

No! The Valar are the ultimate good guys! They're one step below Eru Iluvatar. The God of Middle-Earth.

Kitsune

So.... she used to be...bad? ??? I can almost see that, but not 100%. ;D

Kitsune

Revive!

I have to say, the Battle of Five Armies has the absolute best Galadriel scene ever! :D I noticed something in that movie. When they showed her once from behind when she was driving Sauron away, I thought that she looked a lot like a sea spirit or mermaid-like creature because of the way her dress was and that she was blue-ish green. And then it hit me; her ring of power, Nenya, is the ring of water, so whenever she uses that power she is transformed by it. The look received criticism from many when it was shown in the Fellowship of the Ring, but now it makes a lot more sense.

Quote from: Rainshadow on February 18, 2013, 12:38:56 AMShe's cool in her own way, but she seems so delicate.  Almost too delicate.

Hopefully your opinion has changed if you have seen the Battle of Five Armies. ;)

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: PluggFiretail on February 27, 2013, 09:12:25 PM
I guess the Valar is the villian.

The Valar helped create Middle Earth with Eru Iluvalatar. Seriously, Sauron isn't that powerful compared to Orome.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Izeroth

Quote from: PluggFiretail on January 07, 2015, 04:40:26 AM
Revive!

I have to say, the Battle of Five Armies has the absolute best Galadriel scene ever! :D I noticed something in that movie. When they showed her once from behind when she was driving Sauron away, I thought that she looked a lot like a sea spirit or mermaid-like creature because of the way her dress was and that she was blue-ish green. And then it hit me; her ring of power, Nenya, is the ring of water, so whenever she uses that power she is transformed by it. The look received criticism from many when it was shown in the Fellowship of the Ring, but now it makes a lot more sense.

Quote from: Rainshadow on February 18, 2013, 12:38:56 AMShe's cool in her own way, but she seems so delicate.  Almost too delicate.

Hopefully your opinion has changed if you have seen the Battle of Five Armies. ;)

The Battle of Five Armies can't really be used as a source for lore information, because it changes a lot of stuff from the book. Werewyrms, Azog.. need I say more? Nonetheless, that's an interesting interpretation of Galadriel.

Cornflower MM

Galadriel was cool, but I didn't much like her. . . . .She was a little creepy in the movie. . . .Not so much in the books, though. So I voted 'Pretty cool.'