News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Issues connecting?

Started by Icefire, March 14, 2013, 03:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icefire

Is anyone else having issues connecting to the site? My connection is inconsistent at best and I'm trying to figure out if it's an issue with the website or my computer. It's strange because this is the only website I have an issue with. :P
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Dannflower Reguba

There will occasionally be a time where I just can't do squat with the site, but most of the time it's just fine. Sorry, can't help you there.  :-\
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Matthias720

You might want to bookmark this link and use it to check if the forum is up or not.

Ungatt Trunn

I had a problem a moment ago. It was taking a REALLY long time to load, but then it started moving again all of a sudden.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Leatho Shellhound

Try going on the forum without the other stuff, here is the link, http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php that's what I use.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Icefire

@Matthias: Thanks for that link! I bookmarked it!

@Leatho: That's how I usually get on. It seems to work better, but for some reason it's just hard to get on here. :P

It's strange, though. I just got on no problem for the first time in a long time. Maybe something changed? Technology: a blessing or a curse? :P :)
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Lutra

Just to get this out of the way, this isn't anything the forum staff can fix as we have absolutely nothing to do with the servers this site is on. ;)  I've noticed the forum down a couple of times, but give it time, it'll be back up eventually.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Ungatt Trunn

But what if something pops up that is really not good? With this forum, I mean.

Lutra

I don't get what you mean.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Lutra on March 17, 2013, 01:05:29 AM
I don't get what you mean.
I mean like, for example, you have a page break problem (which is a pretty common error on websites), when one side of the screen is blank and the other side is jumbled up with letters and numbers. Stuff like that. Because when something like that happenes, it's not always a passing thing.

Redwaller

You mean like Page Not Found error? That means that there's a non-existent link or bad coding.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Redwaller on March 19, 2013, 03:12:38 PM
You mean like Page Not Found error? That means that there's a non-existent link or bad coding.
That wasn't what I was telling about, but that is another big problem. As I said before, if something weird that affects the use of this forum in a bad way, it's not always a passing thing.

Osu

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 16, 2013, 08:41:22 PM
But what if something pops up that is really not good? With this forum, I mean.
As Lutra said, the forum staff wouldn't be able to do anything if there were a problem with the website, the forum, coding -- including page breaks and such, anything like that. We have access to forum features, but only the people who run the redwallabbey.com website can make major changes or fix problems with the website itself. If there ever were a problem affecting the forum, the appropriate people would be contacted to see it fixed as soon as possible (if they aren't fixing it already). The forum has gone down once or twice that I've seen, but it always seems to come back up relatively quickly. :)
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Redwallfan7

I haven't had any connective problems.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers