News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Wright Brothers

Started by Ungatt Trunn, June 06, 2013, 09:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Did you know that the Right Brothers (you know, the guys who ''invented" the airplane?) Are being written out of history? Yes, its true! Somebody found evidence that points %99 to a German inventing the first successful airplane, not the Wright Brothers. Sure, the Wright Brothers will still be hailed as some of the first people to create a flying plane, but it looks like somebody beat them to it by 2 years, historians say.
Just though it sounded interesting :-\

Life is too short to rush through it.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ach, can zome people nay let gae o' ze pazt an look forvard?! Next zin' ye ken zey're goin' tae be zayin' Benjamin Franklin didnae invent ze lightnin' rod!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on June 06, 2013, 09:35:46 PM
Ach, can zome people nay let gae o' ze pazt an look forvard?! Next zin' ye ken zey're goin' tae be zayin' Benjamin Franklin didnae invent ze lightnin' rod!
But they found evidence that virtually proved that the Wright Brothers weren't the true inventers of the plane.

Rusvul

I'm not sure if the Wright brothers invented the plane or not, but I do know that the Wrong brothers invented the wreck.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on June 06, 2013, 09:40:08 PM
I'm not sure if the Wright brothers invented the plane or not, but I do know that the Wrong brothers invented the wreck.
LOL, so true ;D

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on June 06, 2013, 09:13:45 PM
Did you know that the Wright Brothers (you know, the guys who ''invented" the airplane?) Are being written out of history? Yes, its true! Somebody found evidence that points %99 to a German inventing the first successful airplane, not the Wright Brothers. Sure, the Wright Brothers will still be hailed as some of the first people to create a flying plane, but it looks like somebody beat them to it by 2 years, historians say.
Just though it sounded interesting :-\

Yep, it's pretty much certain that the Wright Brothers where not the first people to fly a plane.

There's also evidence that a New Zealander named Richard Pearse flew his plane before the Wright Brothers. There's evidence of people in a couple of other other European countries who beat them to it as well, and some evidence that they weren't even the first in America to do it.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on June 06, 2013, 10:33:24 PM
There's also evidence that a New Zealander named Richard Pearse flew his plane before the Wright Brothers. There's evidence of people in a couple of other other European countries who beat them to it as well, and some evidence that they weren't even the first in America to do it.
Wow! I never knew any of that! :o

Buzz_Bumble

I'm not sure how reliable the evidence is that they weren't first in America, but they certainly weren't first in the world.

There's a few other items that the history books claim were invented by Americans which also have evidence that they were really invented elsewhere first, including the TV and (from memory) the telephone.

And yes, even the famous Benjamin Franklin kite experiment which "invented" electricity has evidence against it being the first. There are ancient Greek or Egyptian batteries that have been found in wrecked ships in the Mediterraen.

There are of course many things that were invented in America too.

Rusvul

Leatho Shellhound

Well either way, I'm happy. B/c I'm half american and half German. So who ever it was, my ancestry invented the airplane.  :D
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on June 07, 2013, 04:24:54 PM
Well either way, I'm happy. B/c I'm half american and half German. So who ever it was, my ancestry invented the airplane.  :D
I have a friend who's half-German. Me, myself, I'm half Russian, half-Whales (No, not anything like the blue whale, the country whales!), so I guess my ancestry didn't really have anything to do with the invention of the airplane. :(
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on June 07, 2013, 12:21:47 PM
Like popcorn!
I wonder if the Native Americans invented movie theaters! ;D

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on June 07, 2013, 08:42:27 AM
And yes, even the famous Benjamin Franklin kite experiment which "invented" electricity has evidence against it being the first. There are ancient Greek or Egyptian batteries that have been found in wrecked ships in the Mediterraen.

Ach, zere goez ze lightnin' rod...
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Maudie

Well, lets just hope they don't find out who did discover electricity, and even if they do, the can't take any of the Founding fathers out of history, especially Benjamin Franklin
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Mask on June 07, 2013, 07:47:44 PM
Well, lets just hope they don't find out who did discover electricity, and even if they do, the can't take any of the Founding fathers out of history, especially Benjamin Franklin
Yup. If they do descover that Benjamin Franklin wasn't the true inventor of electrisety, he will always be remembered for his signing the Decloration of Independace of the U. S of A.

Leatho Shellhound

But who wants Benjamin Franklin to be in history??
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner