News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Pictures

Started by Romsca, July 14, 2013, 04:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romsca

My internet has not gotten any new filters lately, but I can't see a lot of the pictures I used to be able to see. Do you think it has to do with internet browser updates? Or is it something with this site?

rachel25

Yeah me too like someone has posted a picture and I can't see it and everyone's talking about it and I feel annoyed

Lutra

Can you show me a thread where this occurs?  I don't have this issue.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Buzz_Bumble

Sometimes I can't see the pictures, e.g. the Funny Lord of the Rings Pictures topic, but they will load when I come back another time ... not sure if it's a server issue (forum or image host) or just my ancient computer causing it though.

Lutra

I suspect some problems can be through the internet service providers.  I've had cable lines for years and the only time pictures don't load is when the image is no longer at the location it was pointing to.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Romsca

The picture you posted of Cheek in Redwall Fashion won't come up, for example

*I'm the 10th place top poster now!*

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Buzz_Bumble

If the image is no longer stored you should get the normal brwoser broken image link icon, but in these cases there's simply no picture at all, not even a gap.

Lutra

Quote from: Romsca on July 15, 2013, 06:01:55 PM
The picture you posted of Cheek in Redwall Fashion won't come up, for example

*I'm the 10th place top poster now!*

Hmmm...bet it could be a parental control block because of where the image comes from.  Don't worry, its 100% appropriate and isn't anything you shouldn't see, but I can guarantee its a website blocker program if that image isn't loading for you.

I'm going to put the picture up through my image host.  You should be able to see it now. :)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Romsca

I didn't think my computer had those... but thanks! How do you know that's Keyla?

phoenixfoden

Ive had the same probem

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: Romsca on July 16, 2013, 02:55:21 AM
I didn't think my computer had those... but thanks! How do you know that's Keyla?

Unfortunately some Internet providers have their own systems and blacklists of servers they won't allow access to.

My own hopeless Internet provider (Vodafone New Zealand) has a silly spam email system that simply deletes any email it thinks is spam ... fully deletes the email, not just moves it to a spam folder so you can check it. :(

But the blockers wouldn't account for why some images do appear when I come back later. Which is why I was guessing it was somthing like a server temporarily offline for backup or similar.

Redwaller

Quote from: Romsca on July 16, 2013, 02:55:21 AM
How do you know that's Keyla?
Have you seen Martin the Warrior? The one on the left is Keyla from MtW.

rachel25

Sometimes I can't see people user pictures such as I couldn't see your Lutra and then I could and then I couldn't again it gets annoying is there anything I can do to stop it

Lutra

^ Can't help you there. My image host is reliable and I've never seen it down.  I don't get why you see my pictures sometimes, and then you sometimes don't....they always load when I'm on.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra